Vernon Mayor caught drinking and driving.

Chyren
Board Meister

Vernon Mayor caught drinking and driving.

Post by Chyren »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210963

3 day Immediate Roadside Prohibition due to blood alcohol content being between .05mg% and .99mg%.

He's come out and has been upfront about it. Good on him.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vernon Mayor caught drinking and driving.

Post by GordonH »

^^^ unlike the former premier, who should have stepped down. Wonder if the mayor will step down, highly doubtful.
Only reason he is sorry is because he was caught.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

A completely avoidable situation, *bleep* idiot.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I call bultaco.
He says he had 2 drinks, yet over 3 hours later he blows over 05?

Can't anyone in politics call the truth about anything?

And no doubt there's voters out there who believe him.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Is he going to be the Rob Ford of BC?
Bring back the LIKE button.
aitaix

Post by aitaix »

Well according to this site http://www.breathalyzeralcoholtester.com/alcohol-chart-estimation/

200 lbs Male - 2 drinks puts you at .04 BAL - So it's close.

I limit myself at 2 drinks when going out as well so does Akbal. This guy apologized being the status he carries. Lesson learned for all.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

aitaix wrote:Well according to this site http://www.breathalyzeralcoholtester.com/alcohol-chart-estimation/

I limit myself at 2 drinks when going out as well so does Akbal. This guy apologized being the status he carries. Lesson learned for all.

3 hours later.
You don't know how to read that chart.
A 200 pound male coulda had 4 drinks in that time and be safe. Ergo, Mr Mayor lied to you all.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

bahahahahaha

I worked for him when he was a partner at inland restaurants. used to do the same thing there
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:^^^ unlike the former premier, who should have stepped down. Wonder if the mayor will step down, highly doubtful.

yup.....................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

alanjh595 wrote:Is he going to be the Rob Ford of BC?

you beat me to it.

I almost hate to admit this, but I actually liked Rob Ford and thought he at least tried doing what he thought was right.
Plus he always gave us something to laugh at.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote:^^^ unlike the former premier, who should have stepped down. Wonder if the mayor will step down, highly doubtful.

What are you talking about ?

The premier was CHARGED with what in Canada would be a CRIMINAL OFFENSE and pled guilty.

This mayor had his license suspended pursuant to the Motor Vehicle Act of BC, which the government has insisted since this law was created, that the suspension etc is a "Sanction" not even a penalty. (thus the charter isn't applicable, since you are found guilty at the side of the road without the presumption of innocents)

Yes that jerk we had as premier should have stepped down or made to step down (says lots about the Liberals), but the mayor, NO, of course not.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

aitaix wrote:Well according to this site http://www.breathalyzeralcoholtester.com/alcohol-chart-estimation/

I checked the site and don't agree with much of it at all.

For starters forget the ".04%", and especially ".04mg%", what the heck is point zero four milligram percent ? (not your post)

In Canada our measurement of BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) is based on milligrams of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood.

A "Warn" in BC is between 40 mgs per 100 ml and 80 mgs per 100 ml. The criminal standard is over 80 mg per 100 ml.

So lets keep it simple and go by milligrams.

The standard to determine BAC by number of drinks and size of individual is...

20 mgs per 100 ml for every one ounce of alcohola for a 150 lb male. After that has been absorbed the body oxidizes alcohol from the body (any size) at a rate of 15 mgs per 100 ml every hour.

I've calculated everything as though the mayor is 150 lbs, but likely he is more like 200 lbs so consider my numbers to be low in the drink count.

The mayor said he had "2 drinks" at an event and went home at 11:30 PM. He was pulled over at 2:30 AM and blew a "Warn"

So working back the minimum he blew at 2:30 AM was 40 mgs he left the event 3 hours previous 3 X 15 mgs = 45 mgs. (I'm not even counting for the hours he spent at the event)

Even if he chugged two drinks the second before he left the event, his reading at 2:30 AM represents 45 mgs he would have oxidized plus the reading of 40 mgs equalling 85 mgs which is 4½ drinks.

More than likely he started drinking at the beginning of the event ?? So, 7:00 PM ??? Between 7:00 and 2:30 AM that's 7½ hrs, so that's 7.5 X 15 mgs = 112.5 mgs (that have been oxidized), plus the 40 mgs he blew = 152.5 ÷ 20 = 7½ drinks.

As for leaning his lesson, he apparently fought an impaired driving charge 15 years ago and beat it, pleading guilty to Driving Without Due Care (so likely involved a collision), so he's a slow learner.

I call BS on the two drinks, well unless these were the size of drinks
Attachments
One drink.jpg
Last edited by my5cents on Nov 15th, 2017, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:
unlike the former premier, who should have stepped down. Wonder if the mayor will step down, highly doubtful.

my5cents wrote:What are you talking about ?

The premier was CHARGED with what in Canada would be a CRIMINAL OFFENSE and pled guilty.

This mayor had his license suspended pursuant to the Motor Vehicle Act of BC, which the government has insisted since this law was created, that the suspension etc is a "Sanction" not even a penalty. (thus the charter isn't applicable, since you are found guilty at the side of the road without the presumption of innocents)

Yes that jerk we had as premier should have stepped down or made to step down (says lots about the Liberals), but the mayor, NO, of course not.

My point (first part of my pervious post was in response to OP), the premier was not going to admit he did anything wrong until after news got ahold of his arrest by HPD. At that point he should step down, we all how he did not.
At least mayor admitted what he done, what are the chances he we step down. In my post I say doubtful, we will see if public pressure changes that any.
Last edited by GordonH on Nov 8th, 2017, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I like absolutes when the option is there.
Like the Mayor was 100% certain NOT to be hauled over for impaired if he'd call a cab.
Screw the math.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

jimmy4321 wrote:Like the Mayor was 100% certain NOT to be hauled over for impaired if he'd call a cab.

That would have been a better idea - he should have called a cab for his friend. Alcohol can remain in the system for quite some time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “North Okanagan”