The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Post by Urbane »

The NDP are talking about democracy and fair representation. Meanwhile, the premier refuses to call a by-election in Kelowna West because he knows that the NDP has no chance of winning the seat. Horgan is as good at anyone when it comes to talking out of both sides of his mouth. From Les Leyne:

Les Leyne: NDP being hypocritical in delaying byelection
Les Leyne / Times Colonist

NOVEMBER 7, 2017 12:51 AM

New Democrats have been delivering passionate speeches lately about the fundamental importance of fair representation.

But Premier John Horgan is going into his fourth month of denying voters in Kelowna West any kind of representation at all.

The hypocrisy is a bit much. The NDP caucus has spent hours expounding on the higher principles of fair representation while congratulating themselves for introducing plans for a referendum on proportional representation next year.

All the while there’s an empty chair where an MLA representing 45,000 people should be sitting. They don’t have fair or proportional representation. They don’t have any representation at all.

It’s empty simply because it’s to the advantage of all those New Democrats who are so busy speaking about fairness.
Full column: http://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/le ... 1.23086043

This thread is not just about NDP hypocrisy when it comes to the by-election. This thread is about a leader and a party that railed against Christy Clark and the Liberals for the very same things that they are doing right now. While many of us who voted Liberal criticized the the party when they stepped out of line it's bleedingly obviously that many NDP supporters on here are nothing but obedient trained seals when it comes to their party. That's not good for democracy and it's not even good for the NDP to get a free pass from their loyal supporters.
Cactusflower
Banned

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:The NDP are talking about democracy and fair representation. Meanwhile, the premier refuses to call a by-election in Kelowna West because he knows that the NDP has no chance of winning the seat. Horgan is as good at anyone when it comes to talking out of both sides of his mouth. From Les Leyne:

Les Leyne: NDP being hypocritical in delaying byelection
Les Leyne / Times Colonist

NOVEMBER 7, 2017 12:51 AM

New Democrats have been delivering passionate speeches lately about the fundamental importance of fair representation.

But Premier John Horgan is going into his fourth month of denying voters in Kelowna West any kind of representation at all.

The hypocrisy is a bit much. The NDP caucus has spent hours expounding on the higher principles of fair representation while congratulating themselves for introducing plans for a referendum on proportional representation next year.

All the while there’s an empty chair where an MLA representing 45,000 people should be sitting. They don’t have fair or proportional representation. They don’t have any representation at all.

It’s empty simply because it’s to the advantage of all those New Democrats who are so busy speaking about fairness.
Full column: http://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/le ... 1.23086043

This thread is not just about NDP hypocrisy when it comes to the by-election. This thread is about a leader and a party that railed against Christy Clark and the Liberals for the very same things that they are doing right now. While many of us who voted Liberal criticized the the party when they stepped out of line it's bleedingly obviously that many NDP supporters on here are nothing but obedient trained seals when it comes to their party. That's not good for democracy and it's not even good for the NDP to get a free pass from their loyal supporters.

The reason 45,000 people in West Kelowna don't have representation is because Christy Clark walked out on them. Did you forget that inconvenient truth?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:The reason 45,000 people in West Kelowna don't have representation is because Christy Clark walked out on them. Did you forget that inconvenient truth?
Right on cue you prove my point!!! Christy Clark isn't stopping John Horgan from calling a by-election!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm of the understanding he has 6 months to call a by-election to fill her seat in the legislature.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Fancy wrote:I'm of the understanding he has 6 months to call a by-election to fill her seat in the legislature.
He's within his legal rights to wait a full six months but Les Leyne is quite right about the hypocrisy.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Fancy wrote:I'm of the understanding he has 6 months to call a by-election to fill her seat in the legislature.

Any guess on how close to 5 months and 29 days that call comes?

House wise it's the smart move. Image wise it's terrible.

Heck he could be smart and call the by-election but call it a few months down the road.....yet......
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The BC NDP requires a 66% vote to change its party rules but wants to change our entire voting system with a 50%+1 vote. Hypocritical!

BC NDP MLA's, including Horgan, called Liberal ministers all sorts of made-up names over the years (as did Andrew Weaver) but now they applaud the speaker's ruling that such made-up names won't be allowed. Hypocritical!

The NDP criticized the Liberals for spending too much taxpayers' money on advertising and yet they set up an office, at taxpayer's expense, to keep the GDP in power. Hypocritical!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 8th, 2017, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 8th, 2017, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Ahh the B.C NDP.

"“We should all work together for the best interests of everyone,” they’re saying. (Except Kelowna West.) “I would rather we have a system where everybody’s voice matters,” they say. (Except Kelowna West’s.)

Did anyone expect any different?
I was not impressed by Premier Clarks "Clone Speech" in that desperate attempt to cling to power. The ship had sailed....stick to your guns and go out with some grace.
I was even less impressed when she abandoned West Kelowna knowing full well the NDP would stretch out the call for a by-election to the very last second in order to "play the game".
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

*removed*
This thread is not just about NDP hypocrisy when it comes to the by-election. This thread is about a leader and a party that railed against Christy Clark and the Liberals for the very same things that they are doing right now.

This thread is about BC NDP hypocrisy wherever it raises its ugly head and I made it clear that it was not limited to Horgan not calling the by-election. Rather than continuing to bait and continuing to take us off topic in any thread that points out serious deficiencies with your party why not make an effort for a change to stay on topic. And cut out the baiting while you're at it as well.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 8th, 2017, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:*removed*
Once again you're saying something that isn't true. From the OP:

This thread is not just about NDP hypocrisy when it comes to the by-election. This thread is about a leader and a party that railed against Christy Clark and the Liberals for the very same things that they are doing right now.

This thread is about BC NDP hypocrisy wherever it raises its ugly head and I made it clear that it was not limited to Horgan not calling the by-election. Rather than continuing to bait and continuing to take us off topic in any thread that points out serious deficiencies with your party why not make an effort for a change to stay on topic. And cut out the baiting while you're at it as well.

*removed* Anyway, may I ask you a question? If the shoe was on the other foot and it was an NDP MLA who left her constituents in the lurch, do you think the BC Liberals would rush to replace her, or would they simply follow the 6 month rule? While I await your reply, I'll see if I can find a precedent that has been set on this situation.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 8th, 2017, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Playing politics is what politicians do.

I think what annoys people is the NDP sanctimonious postulating on being "different" and "doing things better". Meanwhile they openly pull the same :cuss: time and time again....just like the Liberals did when they were in power.
It is just so transparent and hypocritical....leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Leifer wrote:Playing politics is what politicians do.

I think what annoys people is the NDP sanctimonious postulating on being "different" and "doing things better". Meanwhile they openly pull the same :cuss: time and time again....just like the Liberals did when they were in power.
    It is just so transparent and hypocritical....leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

:up: :up: Exactly right Leifer.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

NDP stalwart Bill Tieleman from a few years ago:

Reflecting all of the above, it was another week where Clark failed to call two byelections in vacant ridings lacking any elected representation in Victoria.

But don't get the idea that Clark thinks it's a disgrace that Port Moody-Coquitlam hasn't had a member of the Legislative Assembly since Oct. 1, 2011 or that Chilliwack-Hope lost its MLA on Jan. 9, 2012.
http://billtieleman.blogspot.ca/2012/03 ... es-bc.html

That was then and now is now though. LOL. I haven't heard Tieleman say anything about Horgan delaying the by-election call in Kelowna West.

Return to “B.C.”