NDP freeze hydro rates

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

NDP freeze hydro rates

Post by maryjane48 »

http://theprovince.com/news/crime/b-c-g ... c1bbda05ee

The amazing john horgan freezes hydro. Rates for british columbians while the bclibs look to increase them
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:http://theprovince.com/news/crime/b-c-government-puts-a-freeze-on-b-c-hydro-rates/wcm/09b23c5e-4787-4b54-91c4-adc1bbda05ee

The amazing john horgan freezes hydro. Rates for british columbians while the bclibs look to increase them

and who is paying for it? It's not going to be *removed* John Horgan.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 8th, 2017, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait removed.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Nice. Now we can look forward to an extra huge increase in 2019. What a daft plan from the economically challenged.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

BC Hydro rates have gone up by more than 24% in the last 4 year, and by more than 70% since 2001. It's taken 16 long years to have someone come in and stop this runaway train. Can we expect Fortis rates to be frozen as well?
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I hate to say it but I am with the NDP on this one. These crown corporations need to bill a fair and appropriate rate to run the utility and manage anticipated growth. I am all for paying a FAIR price but not to add to general revenues.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

NDP freezing everything.

Hydro rates.
Site-C.
Ferry fares.
Political donations.
NG pipelines.
Burrard inlet pipeline.

But increases to:
Disability.
http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/b ... ozen-rates
The ARTS.
https://www.straight.com/arts/897936/bc ... ts-council
Healthcare, Education, Housing.
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/b ... dmail.com&
Welfare.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4214828

Horgan is a self proclaimed "Robin Hood". He was counting on the poor vote to get elected, but that plan even failed. He had to back-stab and sneak in through the pack door. This will be the last and only term he gets. i hope he kills the NDP once and for all, for the greater good of BC residents.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Cactusflower wrote:BC Hydro rates have gone up by more than 24% in the last 4 year, and by more than 70% since 2001. It's taken 16 long years to have someone come in and stop this runaway train. Can we expect Fortis rates to be frozen as well?

My monthly BC Hydro bill in 2010 when I bought my house was $107/month on equal payment. Seven years later it's currently $110/month.

Runaway train indeed! [/sarcasm]
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The NDP partisans who tout the increase since 2001 are conveniently forgetting ALL the relevant facts AGAIN! The grinning fool Horgan is just going right back to the 1990s

1. The dufus 1990s NDP politically interfered with BC Hydro rates by freezing BC Hydro rates. Gee, did they think inflation did not affect BC Hydro? So when the dufus NDP were kicked out 77-2 in 2000, BC Hydro had under invested in upgrades and maintenance, and needed increases to catch up.
2. BC Hydro rates in 2016 are EXACTLY the same as they were in 1976, adjusted for inflation.
3. The BC NDP have loudly decried "political interference" in crown corporations, and here the NDP are being absolute hypocrites and sticking their grubby sticky political fingers into BC Hydro - while admitting that they don't know what they are doing!
4. In a further bit of NDP circular logic and hypocrisy the rte increases have all been reviewed and approved by the BCUC - you know, the NDP's faves - and the NDP have been saying that the government should follow what the BCUC says.

What a bunch of clowns!

And oh goody! Another review! Whatsa matter Johnny? Too busy grinning to have done your homework? Oh, the dog ate it? What have you been doing to collect your fat salary for the last 16 years? Obviously not doing your homework!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Jx3 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:BC Hydro rates have gone up by more than 24% in the last 4 year, and by more than 70% since 2001. It's taken 16 long years to have someone come in and stop this runaway train. Can we expect Fortis rates to be frozen as well?

My monthly BC Hydro bill in 2010 when I bought my house was $107/month on equal payment. Seven years later it's currently $110/month.

So how do you explain that? Everyone else's hydro bills went up about 28% since 2010 but yours stayed almost the same. Either you're pulling a Christy Clark election campaign whopper, or you've done some major retrofits in your home.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Cactusflower wrote:
So how do you explain that? Everyone else's hydro bills went up about 28% since 2010 but yours stayed almost the same. Either you're pulling a Christy Clark election campaign whopper, or you've done some major retrofits in your home.

Mine did not go up 28%, who is this ""everyone" you keep yammering on about?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jx3 wrote:

Cactusflower wrote:So how do you explain that? Everyone else's hydro bills went up about 28% since 2010 but yours stayed almost the same. Either you're pulling a Christy Clark election campaign whopper, or you've done some major retrofits in your home.

Where is your proof that the rates have increased by 24%, oh wait, now it is 28% since your last post? Oh wait, now it's 70% since 2001.

Please provide use with the evidence that you base YOUR OPINION on. This I gotta see. If there is an extraordinary statement made, then there MUST be extraordinary evidence to substantiate that opinion.

Please, PLEASE, show where these numbers come from, I beg you, show your homework.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Hassel99 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

Mine did not go up 28%, who is this ""everyone" you keep yammering on about?

My friends, acquaintances, and neighbours, and I'm not 'yammering', just stating facts. So how much DID your hydro bill increase since 2010? Or don't you pay attention to mundane things like utility bills?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:My friends, acquaintances, and neighbours, and I'm not 'yammering', just stating facts. So how much DID your hydro bill increase since 2010? Or don't you pay attention to mundane things like utility bills?

Your "friends, acquaintances, and neighbours"? That is your opinion of "FACTS"?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Big difference between the 2 utilities, ones a crown corporation the other is privately owned.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

Wasn't here in 2010 but my average 2013 hydro bill was $110 - now it's $120 per billing cycle (2 months).
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.

Return to “B.C.”