Remembrance Day

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Remembrance Day

Post by Ken7 »

I am in my mid-fifties and I do not recall a Prime Minister missing the Remembrance Day. If there was one, let me know. I personally think this is not acceptable that Trudeau will not be here in Canada. That is truly sad.
Attachments
23376197_755565361295551_7553695376728890835_n.jpg
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Remembrance Day

Post by Omnitheo »

And other years Harper was out of the country. What’s your point?

Also as I recall, it wasn’t because it was Remembrance Day, but also because 2 soldiers had just been killed the previous week on Canadian soil. At least that was the official reason given by Harper.

It also happened to conveniently give Harper an excuse to avoid an awkward encounter with China in regards to hacking and spying. In fact only months prior, the conservatives were threatening China with having Harper back out of the APEC summit meeting with the Chinese.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Omnitheo wrote:And other years Harper was out of the country. What’s your point?

Also as I recall, it wasn’t because it was Remembrance Day, but also because 2 soldiers had just been killed the previous week on Canadian soil. At least that was the official reason given by Harper.

It also happened to conveniently give Harper an excuse to avoid an awkward encounter with China in regards to hacking and spying. In fact only months prior, the conservatives were threatening China with having Harper back out of the APEC summit meeting with the Chinese.

I'm not able to find anything by press suggesting Harper has missed. Do you have a link?

As for my point, I thought it was quite obvious by my comment. I think it is very important for the LEADER of a Country to be there at this Ceremony, it does show a lack of respect that he will not be there. That is how I feel.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Your point and your thinking is correct Ken.

The Canadian Prime Minister should be on home soil and amidst Canadian citizens on Remembrance day. Our veterans are responsible for enabling his very existence. Past examples of absenteeism are not relevant .
Someone has to say it.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Ken7 wrote:I am in my mid-fifties and I do not recall a Prime Minister missing the Remembrance Day. If there was one, let me know. I personally think this is not acceptable that Trudeau will not be here in Canada. That is truly sad.

$.jpg

Prime Minister Stephen Harper (2nd row L) and his wife Laureen (behind) arrive for a Rememberance Day ceremony at the Sai Wan war cemetery in Hong Kong on November 11, 2012. Harper on November 11 visited a war cemetery in Hong Kong paying tribute to Canadian troops who lost their lives during World War II.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Photos ... story.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

oneh2obabe wrote:
Prime Minister Stephen Harper (2nd row L) and his wife Laureen (behind) arrive for a Rememberance Day ceremony at the Sai Wan war cemetery in Hong Kong on November 11, 2012. Harper on November 11 visited a war cemetery in Hong Kong paying tribute to Canadian troops who lost their lives during World War II.
l

He too should have been in Canada! Thanks
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote:
l
Ken7 wrote:
He too should have been in Canada! Thanks

Well considering most Canadian Soldiers died somewhere other than in Canada then as long as the PM is at any memorial for them works for me.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Guess it's an individual thing, for me i couldn't care less.
Be cooler to see big turnouts.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Soldiers gave their lives, I figure the least I can do is purchase a poppy & go to the cenotaph on Remembrance Day.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

oneh2obabe wrote:
Ken7 wrote:I am in my mid-fifties and I do not recall a Prime Minister missing the Remembrance Day. If there was one, let me know. I personally think this is not acceptable that Trudeau will not be here in Canada. That is truly sad.

$.jpg

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Photos ... story.html

So where will Trudeau be paying tribute to fallen Canadians on his South East Asia excursion?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

generalposter wrote:Your point and your thinking is correct Ken.

The Canadian Prime Minister should be on home soil and amidst Canadian citizens on Remembrance day. Our veterans are responsible for enabling his very existence. Past examples of absenteeism are not relevant .

Do you have PM Trudeau's Itinerary to share with the rest of us? How do you and Ken know where he will be on November 11?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

jt is turning out to be a pure scum bag, he should be here on remembrance day, guess he is to busy supporting isis by giving terrorists millions for killing people :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Actually it appears he’s trying to forge international relations. The rest of the world doesn’t wait on our holidays. Trump is there too on Veteran’s Day.

It’s important to remember the past. But not necessarily at the expense of our future.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Nov 10th, 2017, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”