Trudeau cuts injured soldiers' pay off

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Trudeau cuts injured soldiers' pay off

Post by GordonH »

Verum wrote:Can you show where Trudeau supported this change in Department of National Defence policy?

As the PM he should be briefed on any changes being made or proposed to be made by any/all of his Ministers.

The Buck always stops at the Top, no ifs... buts or maybes.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

What isn't clear in all of this is whether this is applied to workplace related injury/illness. I tried to suss that out but could not find any further information.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

hobbyguy wrote:What isn't clear in all of this is whether this is applied to workplace related injury/illness. I tried to suss that out but could not find any further information.

Well, for soldiers workplace is possibly being shot at or blown up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

I find it appalling that Trudeau has clawed back a menial tax incentive for our military operating in dangerous areas, then has the audacity to also attack those who have received life-altering injuries. Trudeau is just like his father and Chretien, hating the military and taking every available chance to make their lives hellish.

You would think that these men and women have enough stress in their lives defending our country and trying to maintain peace, but Trudeau sees some perverse joy in screwing them over here at home. It's sickening.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

GordonH wrote:
Verum wrote:Can you show where Trudeau supported this change in Department of National Defence policy?

As the PM he should be briefed on any changes being made or proposed to be made by any/all of his Ministers.

Do you honestly expect our PM to be informed of and approve each and every decision made by a government Department? Yes, he should have been aware of this change, but the assumption that he was and did approve is just that, an assumption. Additionally, we do not know the rationale for this policy change. This jumping on each and everything one can get outraged over is just partisan politics and not applying intelligent criticism to our politicians. They all deserve that we use our brain and not just lash out like mindless partisans, otherwise we are part of the problem.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Nov 9th, 2017, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:As the PM he should be briefed on any changes being made or proposed to be made by any/all of his Ministers.

Verum wrote:Do you honestly expect our PM to be informed of and approve each and every decision made by a government Department? Yes, he should have been aware of this change, but the assumption that he was and did approve is just that, an assumption.
If he did not, then that says his ministers can do whatever they want. Which sound like a really screwed up Government. Additionally, we do not know the rationale for this policy change. This jumping on each and everything one can get outraged over is just partisan politics and not applying intelligent criticism to our politicians. They all deserve that we use our brain and not just lash out like mindless partisans, otherwise we are part of the problem.

1) That why his title is Prime Minister... head of the Government of Canada
2) Minister of National Defence
3) Minister of Veterans Affairs
If they are unable to do the job, then at next election give them the boot.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Verum wrote: This jumping on each and everything one can get outraged over is just partisan politics and not applying intelligent criticism to our politicians. They all deserve that we use our brain and not just lash out like mindless partisans, otherwise we are part of the problem.

:D Did anyone check to see if Trudeau was wearing a poppy on Halloween?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote:

I do believe the Prime Minister has to put his stamp of approval on any change.

I don't think the fellow who has been everywhere, done everything but disappeared from the spotlight and Trudeau's left arm
( Defense Minister )the last time he was caught out and out lying has the power to make these changes on his own...

Why can people just not accept the fact the stupid they voted for is just a nice head of hair!
Attachments
Leave.jpg
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Gone_Fishin wrote:I find it appalling that Trudeau has clawed back a menial tax incentive for our military operating in dangerous areas, then has the audacity to also attack those who have received life-altering injuries. Trudeau is just like his father and Chretien, hating the military and taking every available chance to make their lives hellish.

You would think that these men and women have enough stress in their lives defending our country and trying to maintain peace, but Trudeau sees some perverse joy in screwing them over here at home. It's sickening.

Harper CONS have been fighting veterans in court since 2012. Nice try though.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/veterans-don-t-have-social-contract-ottawa-says-in-lawsuit-response-1.2577053
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Gone_Fishin wrote:I find it appalling that Trudeau has clawed back a menial tax incentive for our military operating in dangerous areas, then has the audacity to also attack those who have received life-altering injuries. Trudeau is just like his father and Chretien, hating the military and taking every available chance to make their lives hellish.

Actual finding a political party that has formed government in Canada that has treated members of Armed Forces the way they should be treated. Has not happened & I don't expect any different from those parties that have not formed government of Canada.
Its up to each Canadian to tell the government of the day, do right by those who have served in our Armed Forces (no more BS).
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

EVERY ONE OF US needs to email, phone, or go to the office of our MPs and tell them to NOT cut back on the pay for ANY soldier, police officer, firefighter or paramedic hurt or maimed in the line of duty. Then send an email to our Prime Minister to stop hurting those people by adding insult to injury. Harper closed soooo many offices around the country that might help soldiers, Trudeau reopened them, and then stabs these folks in the back with cutting back on their pay?? As one poster said, cut back on the pay and pensions of all MPs and give our injured defenders an increase in pay, not take away any monies. Absolutely disgusting what the government wants to do. So very sad.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

guess jt has no money left to give, he gave it all to f :cuss: muslim terrorists
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

GordonH wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:What isn't clear in all of this is whether this is applied to workplace related injury/illness. I tried to suss that out but could not find any further information.

Well, for soldiers workplace is possibly being shot at or blown up.

You missed the point entirely. If a soldier was injured while paragliding on his leave time, it would be different. So far I have been unable to find information that specifically lays out exactly what the DND is up to here.

If you work for a company, and are injured while at work, doing your job, then you get WCB full tilt compo. IF you blow your knee out hiking on the weekend, you don't, and normally after "x" number of weeks/months you will be transferred to STD or LTD, which is usually around half pay.

The OP article may be accurate, or may be leaving out some details that are important. Nobody else seems to have picked up this story for clarification so far. So just looking for details to see if the story is correct, partly misleading, or inaccurate, There just isn't enough detail to determine that yet.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ but if you or your employer, supplies extended medical (coverage for injury or sickness) you are still covered or you can apply for EI Sickness benefits.

Return to “Canada”