Crashes all over town

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Crashes all over town

Post by Fancy »

People should have had their snow tires on and drive to conditions which most aren't.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Part of the problem people try to save a buck by not switching to actual winter tires for winter conditions. As I mentioned in another thread they are slipping & sliding around, which would be funny if serious injury was not a possibility.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Snow tires should be mandatory. Just as bad as distracted driving, probably worse for the amounts of accidents.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

GrooveTunes wrote:Snow tires should be mandatory. Just as bad as distracted driving, probably worse for the amounts of accidents.

I've never had a real set of snow tires, only all seasons with the snowflake. Never had any issues driving, no accidents.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Can't blame the city. They are doing fine and i'm sure all equipment is out.

if people drove to conditions there wouldn't be so many issues
LivinginKelowna
Board Meister

Post by LivinginKelowna »

I think that if a person is in a collision and doesn't have the required tires on their vehicle to meet the road conditions, then their insurance should be void

It is ridiculous that we still have people driving on summer tires in weather like this. They may be ok for 340 days of the year, and if that is what you want to use, then stay off the road for the balance.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Sparki55 wrote:
GrooveTunes wrote:Snow tires should be mandatory. Just as bad as distracted driving, probably worse for the amounts of accidents.

I've never had a real set of snow tires, only all seasons with the snowflake. Never had any issues driving, no accidents.

You're another accident waiting to happen. Not a matter of if...but when.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Sparki55 wrote:

Tires with a snowflake IS a winter tire.
Some all terrain tires have changed their composition to get a snowflake like BFG All Terrains etc.

That said , not all winter tires perform the same.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Sparki55 wrote:I've never had a real set of snow tires, only all seasons with the snowflake. Never had any issues driving, no accidents.

How many years have you been driving on that set of tires?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

lightspeed wrote:You're another accident waiting to happen. Not a matter of if...but when.

I leave 3x more room in front of my truck than most, drive a 4x4, go very slow (lots of angry people in a hurry pass me) and don't use my phone.

I'm perfectly capable to drive like this an my whole intent is to save money, couldn't afford an accident so I drive very carefully.

Know your own capability and drive within it. Your smart comment about me having a 100% chance to get in an accident couldn't be more false. I've seen people who have full studded winters cause wrecks juat becasue they are terrible at driving.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Badly worn winter tires are as useless as a dog on lino.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

If the tires have the mountain & snowflake symbol they are winter rated. I have a good set of hybrid tires (that are winter rated, but can be left on year round), but for 30-odd Kelowna winters prior to getting those I drove on all seasons without incident. The hybrids do perform noticeably better in winter than the all seasons, but ultimately Sparki is right, it's all about how you drive.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

alanjh595 wrote:
Sparki55 wrote:I've never had a real set of snow tires, only all seasons with the snowflake. Never had any issues driving, no accidents.

4 months, satisfied? :130:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

alanjh595 wrote:

Sparki55 wrote:4 months, satisfied? :130:

The highlighted in red text above tells me everything I need to know.
Not really, but good luck this year.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

A year or two ago, the Provincial Govt down-graded the use of winter tires required on highways in B.C. Went from snowflake (winter tires) or carry chains to "M&S" being acceptable. Big mistake, especially for mountain highways. Why would any govt in their right mind do that? Quebec has gone the other way; winter tires mandatory, period.

I realize our conditions are not like Quebec, but driving on the Coke can be a lot worse.

Return to “Central Okanagan”