Remembrance Day

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Remembrance Day

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote:please, your some piece of work

[icon_lol2.gif] Oh the irony!
Prime Minister Harper attends Remembrance Day ceremony in Hong Kong on November 11, 2012. Good
Prime Minister Trudeau attends Remembrance Day ceremony out of country this year. Oh, the humanity!!!
Your hypocrisy is ugly and blatant.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

far from it, he was no better than jt,for pulling that move
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

And what of Donald Trump then, also overseas on a day of remembrance?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

this is about canada , do what you do best---always off topic--- :topic:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:And what of Donald Trump then, also overseas on a day of remembrance?

The US doesn't celebrate Remembrance Day but nice try at deflection.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:And what of Donald Trump then, also overseas on a day of remembrance?

lol [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] ,the know it all's know nothing
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

No I’m asking if it should be expected of all leaders to forgo international summits/conferences/negotiations with world leaders during days of celebration/remembrance.

Imagine the headaches this could cause for a summit of even a dozen leaders when each country has their own holiday schedule.

So is this just an issue because it is Trudeau? Or is it equally “disgusting” for Harper and Trump?

I don’t like working on Remembrance Day, but if my job requires it, I will be there.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Remembrance Day isn't a stat holiday in some areas - Ontario and Nova Scotia for example.
And the United States acknowledges veterans on November 11th (Veterans Day).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

the truth wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:

lol [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] ,the know it all's know nothing

I specifically said Veteran’s Day and referred to it as a day of remembrance in regards to Trump.

Some of you need to stop being so blinded by bias and ideology and quick to attack people and you might learn something.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Also gonna point out the 11th is Remembrance Day in Australia as well, and Armistice Day in New Zealand. Yet both their leaders are there for the APEC summit.

Same with Indonesia on Nov 10th for Heroes Day.

So that’s 5 leaders who are at a meeting instead of at home for days of remembrence.
Donald Trump
Justin Trudeau
Jacinda Ardern
Joko Widodo
Malcom Turnbull.

If we’re gonna critique Trudeau, we need to be fair to these other leaders as well.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:
Some of you need to stop being so blinded by bias and ideology and quick to attack people and you might learn something.

Oh the irony!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

- John McCrae
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:Also gonna point out the 11th is Remembrance Day in Australia as well, and Armistice Day in New Zealand. Yet both their leaders are there for the APEC summit.

Having lived over there I can tell you that Nov 11th doesn't mean much. April 25th is Anzac Day, which is much more important.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_Day

If we’re gonna critique Trudeau, we need to be fair to these other leaders as well.

Last time I looked PM Dumb Dumb was our PM (unfortunately) and so who cares what other leaders are doing, he should be here.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

The Green Barbarian wrote:he should be here.

No, he should be doing what's best for the country which is what he's doing.

Return to “Canada”