Remembrance Day

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Remembrance Day

Post by The Green Barbarian »

richardclank wrote:
No, he should be doing what's best for the country which is what he's doing.

skipping meetings and embarrassing the entire country?? Yeah, that's really is what's best for Canada all right. A hamster would be better representing Canada at the APEC right now.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

The Green Barbarian wrote:A hamster would be better representing Canada at the APEC right now.

If you think a hamster is a better leader than Trudeau, then what's the point of him attending a Remembrance Day ceremony in Canada? Sounds like Trudeau will be personally attacked no matter what he does in relation to Remembrance Day or any other day.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Oh I know the thread was about Trudeau. Specifically another chance to bash the PM. I’m however providing context, something so often omitted from these threads in order to conform to a bias. If you really want to bash the PM, you gotta come up with some better material. Because in this case it’s a “grievance” that could equally apply to past PMs that the OP supported, and other world leaders which the critics in this thread support.

And unfortunately most world leaders don’t always have the luxury to take off special days, as like some of us, they need to work on those days.

For the record, I don’t like Trump, but I’m not critiquing him for being at APEC. I’m not critiquing anyone else here who has to work tomorrow and won’t get to take the moment of silence at 11am either. (Or 10:58 for George Lawrence Price)
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Omnitheo wrote:Also gonna point out the 11th is Remembrance Day in Australia as well, and Armistice Day in New Zealand. Yet both their leaders are there for the APEC summit.

Same with Indonesia on Nov 10th for Heroes Day.

So that’s 5 leaders who are at a meeting instead of at home for days of remembrence.
Donald Trump
Justin Trudeau
Jacinda Ardern
Joko Widodo
Malcom Turnbull.

If we’re gonna critique Trudeau, we need to be fair to these other leaders as well.

we do not give a f :swear: about these guys, this is about canada
try it :topic:
Last edited by the truth on Nov 10th, 2017, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Somebody did when they mentioned US doesn't acknowledge Remembrance Day - but that wasn't the point.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

We don’t give an F about those guys? Did Australia and New Zealand not fight alongside Canada as British Empire forces in the war? Is their remembrance less significant than ours?

You’ve realized your argument holds no weight now that there’s additional context, so you’re trying to deflect by limiting the scope of the discussion.

Trudeau is at a conference during Remembrance Day. So are other leaders, during their days of remembrance. As have our previous leaders in the past. You can feign outrage all you want, but you have no real argument if you’re going to ignore all the facts.
Last edited by Omnitheo on Nov 11th, 2017, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lol,lol,lol .i served my country and joined the forces when i turned 18 *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 11th, 2017, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Here's a Remembrance Day topic and I hope the majority treat it with more respect.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lest We Forget!

With respect.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

buckland wrote: Do you have PM Trudeau's Itinerary to share with the rest of us? How do you and Ken know where he will be on November 11?

All you have to do to be current is watch the news. Did you miss something?

Even Trudeau doesn't know his Itinerary, he missed one of his scheduled meetings. However of course it was not his doing.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

I have a question. I observe remembrance day, not least because I have great respect for those who were willing to lay down their lives for their families and future generations but also because I hope we can find a future where these countless tragedies can become and stay a thing of the past and no more young men or women need to die brutal, horrible and painful deaths because of the failure of others to resolve issues peacefully. I'm just interested in knowing if others remember all those who died, including allies who committed atrocities and also those who fought against us? Or do most just remember fallen allies of honour?

For instance, in Ireland they now honour all those who died on both sides during the Irish War of Independence, despite the fact that the Black and Tans on the side of Britain were notorious for brutal war crimes.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It should be, and partly is, a remembrance of the atrocities of War so that it's not repeated.

Unfortunately it continues all over the World. We just can't seem to learn. Just think what we could accomplish if there were no Wars
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Canada”