The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

mikest2
Lord of the Board

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Post by mikest2 »

Cactusflower wrote:
No, that's not it. The posts I refer to are nasty, vicious and extremely partisan. And if the shoe fits, wear it.
But to get back to the topic, the dictionary describes 'hypocrisy' as deceit, or pretense of virtue or piety. Doesn't sound like the NDP to me.

Not quite sure where you found your definition ?

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/Submit
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity;

Try that shoe for a fit !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:No, that's not it. The posts I refer to are nasty, vicious and extremely partisan. And if the shoe fits, wear it.
    But to get back to the topic, the dictionary describes 'hypocrisy' as deceit, or pretense of virtue or piety. Doesn't sound like the NDP to me.

No. I can tell you, as the original poster in this thread, that I was using the standard definition of hypocrisy that most of us recognize. A premier admits to having used phoney names for ministers and worse when he was in opposition but now that he's in government wants the practice stopped. And the day after he talks about raising the level of debate in the legislature he refers to what's coming from the opposition as "crap." He and his NDP colleagues criticized Christy Clark for not calling by-elections promptly and yet he's now delaying the call in Kelowna West.

He insisted everything should go to the BCUC and then bypasses them with an announcement of a BC Hydro rate freeze. These are just a few examples of NDP hypocrisy. As an NDP partisan you don't recognize any criticism of your party as legitimate but most of us see the hypocrisy. Your definition tells us that the NDP is also guilty of deceit as well as pretence of virtue or piety. Promising voters that taxpayers' money wouldn't be used for political parties and then turning around and introducing a bill to do just that is certainly deceitful. And they pretend to be virtuous. Thanks for that extra definition!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:No, that's not it. The posts I refer to are nasty, vicious and extremely partisan. And if the shoe fits, wear it.

No. I can tell you, as the original poster in this thread, that I was using the standard definition of hypocrisy that most of us recognize. A premier admits to having used phoney names for ministers and worse when he was in opposition but now that he's in government wants the practice stopped. And the day after he talks about raising the level of debate in the legislature he refers to what's coming from the opposition as "crap." He and his NDP colleagues criticized Christy Clark for not calling by-elections promptly and yet he's now delaying the call in Kelowna West.

He insisted everything should go to the BCUC and then bypasses them with an announcement of a BC Hydro rate freeze. These are just a few examples of NDP hypocrisy. As an NDP partisan you don't recognize any criticism of your party as legitimate but most of us see the hypocrisy. Your definition tells us that the NDP is also guilty of deceit as well as pretence of virtue or piety. Promising voters that taxpayers' money wouldn't be used for political parties and then turning around and introducing a bill to do just that is certainly deceitful. And they pretend to be virtuous. Thanks for that extra definition!

I just love it when the opposition makes the case for us. :smt045
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:But to get back to the topic, the dictionary describes 'hypocrisy' as deceit, or pretense of virtue or piety.

You've done this before - you need to post where you are getting your definition from as it sounds like the majority use Cambridge, Oxford, Collins or similar dictionaries.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Are we reading the same forums??????

That definition fits all the NDP zealots like a glove.

They have been pretending to be virtuous for years now, pointing at all the flaws within the Liberals, and now that the NDP exhibit the very same negative traits, and in a far far shorter amount of time, these same ones don't have an issue with said behavior/actions. That's hypocrisy CF plain and simple.

It doesn't even matter where you got your definition from as the shoe fits.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I forgot this was the 'let's bash the NDP' topic. My bad.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Doesn't mean getting definitions wrong.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:I forgot this was the 'let's bash the NDP' topic. My bad.

No it's simply the look at them talking the talk, and never walking the walk thread.

The "Do as I say, not as I do thread" would work well also though.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I thought you guys would have been happy with just one 'trash the NDP' topic. Never mind, as long as it keeps you out of the important public forums, it's all good.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:I thought you guys would have been happy with just one 'trash the NDP' topic. Never mind, as long as it keeps you out of the important public forums, it's all good.
Those like yourself you think that their party is beyond criticism aren't doing their party any favours. You can't refute the facts that have been presented here so you make it personal. How about we get back on topic? "The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites."
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

I can't wait till the next election, when we can watch history repeat itself and the NDP are obliterated. Some people just needed reminding how truly god awful the NDP really are.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:I thought you guys would have been happy with just one 'trash the NDP' topic. Never mind, as long as it keeps you out of the important public forums, it's all good.

This coming from a charter member of the trash the Liberals club, that has seen a few hundred topics created to bash the Liberals, not to mention a large number of them completely misleading. Thank You for yet again demonstrating the thread topic, NDP are world-class hypocrites. :up:

Well done!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Walking Wounded wrote:I can't wait till the next election, when we can watch history repeat itself and the NDP are obliterated. Some people just needed reminding how truly god awful the NDP really are.

The NDP is like having one of those little cold sores on the inside of your lip. You have to stick your tounge on it once in awhile to see if still hurts more or less than last time.

Then one day it is gone and you feel so much better.
Bring back the LIKE button.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Cactusflower wrote:I forgot this was the 'let's bash the NDP' topic. My bad.

You really honestly can't see it can you ? You watched the QP video and didn't see "conduct unbecoming a premier" ?
You constantly tell others that they are "deflecting" ? You and your party would be much better served if you actually called them as they are when they are right and wrong. If you keep condoning these actions that should not happen, we will be well on our way to a society where we will not be allowed to share opinions as we do here now. The NDP do not have a mandate from the people of BC, but they are trying their damnest to turn this into as close to a dictatorship as possible. You and the Greens have started down that slippery slope, and it's not that far to the bottom.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Walking Wounded wrote:I can't wait till the next election, when we can watch history repeat itself and the NDP are obliterated. Some people just needed reminding how truly god awful the NDP really are.

That's why the NDP are doing everything they can to trash our democracy.

- $$$ from taxpayers to pay for their irresponsible and incompetent behavior.
- lowering the official party status to 2 seats (the Greens have 3, so why 2? - ah yes, that's how many seats the doofus NDP won the last time they got booted.)
- a low barrier rush try for PR - the ultimate losers dream that would ruin our democracy forever. I guess as the NDP haven't won an election since 1996. Yup, the ultimate losers whine and ant to change rules because they can't win.

The problem isn't with our electoral system. It is with the party system that blocks out most from having a shot, and relies on big money. So the hypocrite NDP DON'T take big money out of politics, they just change it from "steal from union members" to "steal from taxpayers". I remain hopping mad about that, and absolutely nothing the grinning liar Horgan and his band ogf thieves has any credibility until they backtrack on that. Nor does anything NDP supporters say. If that's the kind of thievery and corruption their so called "high moral ground" party has - then phffft!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”