Remembrance Day Ceremony

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Remembrance Day Ceremony

Post by MAPearce »

On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month ....

Who`s going to the Cenotaph of their city to remember ?

I am .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Remembrance Day Ceremony

Post by dirtybiker »

We'll be there.

Lest We Forget.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
spooker

Post by spooker »

We're going to be there ...
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Remembrance is year round for me. When I meet an old soldier, or a young one with PTSD, I always thank them for serving. You'd be surprised at the response. It's not just for Remembrance Day.

That they are remembered, and appreciated, makes a difference.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

me , my wife and kids will all be there :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

I am in too much pain to hobble my way down to the ceremonies, but I will be watching the televised ceremonies. Tears are already streaming down my cheeks from the Ottawa ceremonies.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

My husband, kids and I will be heading out shortly to the Rutland Cenotaph. My son in particular likes to find vets and thank them - he's planning on joining up in April. It has always been a family tradition to go. In my family, my generation was the first in 4 not to have anyone serving.
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Just before I head over to City Park, to those shut ins on Shaw TV. Checkout channel 11, it coverage from Royal Lepage place in West Kelowna.
Starts at 10:30
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
donna elaine

Post by donna elaine »

The poll selections do not allow for watching the Remembrance Day ceremonies on TV, which I do every year. Which I suspect a large percentage of those answering do.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Today, on the 11th month, on the 11th day, @ the 11th hour, I was at home alone and physically unable to attend the public ceremonies that I have attended for many decades.
I took 11 minutes of my day (not just 1 minute) and gave thanks to my grandfather for giving me the freedom and life that I have today.
I stood in silence, standing at the best I could do, at attention, and thought of nothing but you and your friends that died for me.
I had all of your war memorabilia laid out upon my bed before me, and looked at them and thought of nothing but you for 11 minutes today.
Thank you Granddad , THANK YOU for your sacrifice, so that I can have what I have today. I hope that I have made you proud.

I think of you often, but never more than I do on this day. May peace be with you.

Your loving Son (now deceased) grandson (the one with the fuzzy face), and great grandson (baby in your arms).

Capture.JPG

We will remember you always.
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wow, thanks for sharing that , :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”