Current Drone Activity

A potpourri of off-topics.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Current Drone Activity

Post by TreeGuy »

099A2BCE-7803-48C8-B9AF-9B179DF771C2.jpeg

I just bought this drone at Costco, only $160. 150 grams in weight. Has GPS and auto pilot. 30 FPS video to the SD card or 15 FPS while streaming. A pretty impressive drone for the price. I bought the same brand drone last year at Costco for $120 but it doesn’t have near the features of the new one.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I like them when looking at rural real estate, gives better perspective of property especially when ya got a few acres to consider.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Had one crash land in my friends yard once, pretty unique looking drone the people operating the drone watched via camera where it landed and later came to retrieve, it survived the crash but it did not survive a few boot stomps :up: ...lucky it did not harm anybody.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:Had one crash land in my friends yard once, pretty unique looking drone the people operating the drone watched via camera where it landed and later came to retrieve, it survived the crash but it did not survive a few boot stomps :up: ...lucky it did not harm anybody.

So you intentionally destroyed someone else's property. Sad and I'm pretty sure illegal too
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Verum wrote:So you intentionally destroyed someone else's property. Sad and I'm pretty sure illegal too
The drone probably shouldn't have been there to start with.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Verum wrote:
KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:Had one crash land in my friends yard once, pretty unique looking drone the people operating the drone watched via camera where it landed and later came to retrieve, it survived the crash but it did not survive a few boot stomps :up: ...lucky it did not harm anybody.

So you intentionally destroyed someone else's property. Sad and I'm pretty sure illegal too

Once it is on your property, it becomes yours. The same rules apply to overhanging branches and intrusive roots from the neighbour's property, just like the leaves from those trees are now your problem too.

The machine, the contents of the camera, and the trash that has been left in your yard. It's not illegal to dispose of it in anyway that you chose to do so.
Bring back the LIKE button.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Fancy wrote:
Verum wrote:So you intentionally destroyed someone else's property. Sad and I'm pretty sure illegal too
The drone probably shouldn't have been there to start with.

...and that makes it ok? smh
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It's the risk the owners of drones have to be willing to take, since they were flying essentially surveillance device over private property.
Property owners have the right to privacy

Added: drone owners don't want your device destroyed when/if it crashes, then don't fly it over private property.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

WalterWhite wrote:...and that makes it ok? smh

The definition of "OKAY" is obligatory on which side of the fence you are on.
Bring back the LIKE button.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

you don't own the air above your property
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

LTD wrote:you don't own the air above your property

The images of property are private, unless permission was given by property owner.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

no they are not
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I don't recall google earth asking for my permission or ylw or hot air balloon pilots
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

LTD wrote:no they are not

Then they should be, then why bother having private property.

Return to “Grab Bag”