Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

Genius in a red soccer mom van texting with his phone on the steering wheel tailgating at 80. In this weather.

This epidemic is just unbelievable.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just now on the way home I saw a person riding a bike with dark clothing and no lights of any kind.

Will probably just be another statistic tomorrow...idiot.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

All the people who need to speed and follow too close on the icy roads...

:(
I am... the law!
jasonjb

Post by jasonjb »

To the guy on the moped at Bernard and Bertram who went right through a red light beeping your horn at me almost hitting me on the crosswalk, I hope someone ends up stealing your moped because your going to hurt someone some day.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We were just at our Grandson's soccer game at the H2O center and it's amazing how many drivers can't find the center between the yellow parking lines. Yer all Idiots!

As well as the spots are all too narrow for all the full sized trucks and SUV's.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:We were just at our Grandson's soccer game at the H2O center and it's amazing how many drivers can't find the center between the yellow parking lines. Yer all Idiots!

As well as the spots are all too narrow for all the full sized trucks and SUV's.

You know what.....

..........never mind......second thought.....

Geez Bsuds, that must really be an awful experience for you to have to endure. Did you ever find an appropriate sized parking stall to accommodate your.............Aw geez........

Yeah, doesn't that just suck when that happens. I know I have a Black SUV and I don't want any door dings in my paint either. That's why I do all of my chores before 10 AM. the parking lots are almost all empty.
Bring back the LIKE button.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

alanjh595 wrote:
Bsuds wrote:We were just at our Grandson's soccer game at the H2O center and it's amazing how many drivers can't find the center between the yellow parking lines. Yer all Idiots!

You know what.....

..........never mind......second thought.....

Geez Bsuds, that must really be an awful experience for you to have to endure. Did you ever find an appropriate sized parking stall to accommodate your.............Aw geez........

Yeah, doesn't that just suck when that happens. I know I have a Black SUV and I don't want any door dings in my paint either. That's why I do all of my chores before 10 AM. the parking lots are almost all empty.

There is a universal law that even if I park in the furthest most remote part of a parking lot, farthest away from a store entrance, a donkey will decide to park right next to my vehicle instead of taking up one of the 300 other possible parking spots. Arseholes!
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote:Yeah, doesn't that just suck when that happens. .

It's the ones who park a foot over the lines that are the idiots and yes it's no biggie just an annoyance to not be able to use 8-10 spots because of *bleep*.

Isn't that what the topic is?
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

How many times this has happened. I drive an older, well maintained car. She is very reliable, and I am very happy with her. I went to Canadian Tire and got clear edgers to put on all four doors just to protect myself. One time, with another car, I had opened my car door and the wind whipped the door open. It hit a door on an old beat up truck. I apologized to the driver. He said he had just got that door painted. Well, he went to insurance and they charged me $400 to repair it. I paid it, but I told the adjuster the guy should have charged me for a handle. The adjuster said, “Why?” I said, “Because then he could call it a Rust Bucket. “ Honestly the door my door hit , was the only half decent looking part of the truck. After that, I have always put the guards on. And in tight spots, I put my hand on the edge of the door, to make sure I don’t tap the car next to mine. I just wish everyone would get the edgers, and use them. Sure would save a lot of money in insurance claims. Because, as Light said there could be a parking lot full of empty spaces, but someone will come and park close to you as if there is barely enough room to get in that spot!!
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

edgers do nothing to protect the paper thin sheet metal used on todays vehicles I was lucky enough to inherit a nice door ding from an idiot just over a week ago no idea who so I get the 1500 dollar bill to fix it less than 20k on my newest car not very happy.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

LTD wrote:edgers do nothing to protect the paper thin sheet metal used on todays vehicles I was lucky enough to inherit a nice door ding from an idiot just over a week ago no idea who so I get the 1500 dollar bill to fix it less than 20k on my newest car not very happy.

That happened to me with my car after having it for three days, less than 1000km on it. I was sitting in the damn thing when this guy jumps up into his Escalade and whacks my car with his door. Buddy knew what he’d done because he peeled out of his parking spot before his door was even shut.

I was on the verge of tears out of pure frustration on how someone can be so careless. Turned out to be a small ding, not something I would have really bothered to have repaired, but it’s the principle. Acknowledge your mistake. That was three years ago know and I still get pi$$ed thinking about it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the Woman who was trying to enter/park in the exit lane from the Lakeshore Market parking lot...you are too dumb to be called an idiot. There has to be a word that describes your level of stupidity better.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

LTD wrote:edgers do nothing to protect the paper thin sheet metal used on todays vehicles I was lucky enough to inherit a nice door ding from an idiot just over a week ago no idea who so I get the 1500 dollar bill to fix it less than 20k on my newest car not very happy.

Same thing happened to me but instead of a body shop I took it to this place on Leathead called Dentique that does paintless dent repair. They were referred to me years ago when I got caught in hail and somehow they got every dent out without painting. So when I got a door ding in my new car I took it to them and it cost me 85$, can't even see where the dent is now, even managed to get the scratch out.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Great info to know. Thanks.
I wonder why the guy that had his phone tied to his steering wheel and an ipad tucked in behind it, only given an $81 fine!!!! Seriously????? The officer said he gave the driver a good talking to and then gave him just an $81 fine!!!!! Does not make sense, in my mind. As one commentator said, no wonder people are still trying to do things with their phones, ipads, or what have you. Crazy, and, the guy is A TOTAL IDIOT!!!!
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

He should have been given 2 fines of ($368). One for each device.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”