Peachland Bylaw Enforcement Officer

Even Steven
Guru

Re: Peachland Bylaw Enforcement Officer

Post by Even Steven »

RVThereYet wrote:Sound familiar? I think you maybe have some double standards ... just saying.

LOL, you might have missed the whole point.

I'm perfectly ok with taking responsibilities for my action. Whether it's a ticket or being towed - hey, that's a risk I'm willing to take, and I took it, and it worked out. If I was given a ticket, I'd pay it no problem.

What I'm not ok with is a small man in uniform being nasty towards me and venting about how frustrating his life is, and being totally unprofessional and obviously not knowing how to deal with the public in general AFTER I gave him a chance to defuse the situation and the problem worked itself out. Screw him, and his problems. Sucks to be married to him though, but that's what you get for marrying a small angry man who is so insecure he has to pick fights with strangers that he can not win. May be they should put this on curb signs instead of risk of being towed, lol.

So, no double standards here, my friend.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Even Steven wrote:
RVThereYet wrote:Sound familiar? I think you maybe have some double standards ... just saying.

I'm perfectly ok with taking responsibilities for my action. Whether it's a ticket or being towed - hey, that's a risk I'm willing to take, and I took it, and it worked out. If I was given a ticket, I'd pay it no problem.

What I'm not ok with is a small man in uniform being nasty towards me and venting about how frustrating his life is, and being totally unprofessional and obviously not knowing how to deal with the public in general AFTER I gave him a chance to defuse the situation and the problem worked itself out. Screw him, and his problems. Sucks to be married to him though, but that's what you get for marrying a small angry man who is so insecure he has to pick fights with strangers that he can not win. May be they should put this on curb signs instead of risk of being towed, lol.

I think the whole point is that if you had not left your vehicle unattended there would not have been any need to "defuse" a situation that was only caused by your lack of following the clearly stated rule of "PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE UNATTENDED". The parking guy, whether you think he is small, angry and married (or for all I know fat, happy and divorced) was simply doing the job he was hired to do. I bet if you asked him he would say he's pretty tired of people like you that feel so entitled that those rules don't apply to them (for only 1 minute though).

The fact that your stereotype the person based on his height etc. speaks volumes here.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

first of all once anyone says...dog owners and their dogs...all bets are off. The holier or holy comes out with some of them.

All I do is just grab a bag of popcorn...and watch the fireworks

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

RVThereYet wrote:... was simply doing the job he was hired to do.

Nope. Even if it was his job to do (which I doubt), he was doing it extremely poorly. And got what he deserved.

Doing his job would be calling a tow truck. Or ticketing me. Starting a *bleep* match he can't win and venting isn't part of the job.

In fact, I should have complained about him to the management. But I didn't, I'm too much of a nice guy.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Even Steven wrote:

I doubt anyone is impressed with your valiant offer to be responsible for your actions.

This is a good example of your selfish attitude when in public. Just like your previous claim that it is fine to use your cell phone at a stop light and take the fine when caught.

These are wagers you know that you are unlikely to ever be called on so you play the high and mighty I'll answer for my wrongs card. Just because you claim to pay for your mistakes doesn't excuse you to continue making them. A real rebel you are.

It's not all about you sunshine. The signs are explicit and apply to all. Who knows who you inconvenience or endanger with your me first attitude. Some how typing anonymously that you will answer to a offence makes it all okay. I'm sure the man at the airport would tell a different story of how you behaved that day.
Someone has to say it.
ORWELL

Post by ORWELL »

Too bad anyone has to resorting to name calling “What I'm not ok with is a small man in uniform..." of a distinguishable physical attribute that a person has no control over

If he was a jerk, then he was a jerk, but jerks come in all sizes, tall, short and everything in between, height and weight have no factor

Just like the size of a persons hands, nose or feet.... not an indicator

Just stick to the facts and leave wide paint brush alone
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Even Steven wrote:...AFTER I gave him a chance to defuse the situation and the problem worked itself out..

lol - really - YOU were the problem and belittling someone as you have done serves no purpose either. You are responsible for your own behaviour, not someone else.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

Fancy wrote:
Even Steven wrote:...AFTER I gave him a chance to defuse the situation and the problem worked itself out..

lol - really - YOU were the problem and belittling someone as you have done serves no purpose either. You are responsible for your own behaviour, not someone else.

Any member of the public who picks a fight with an employee of any business or organization, is doing it in the full knowledge that they hold most of the cards. They can argue and walk away none the worse off. The employee can lose their job. So - not to put too fine a point on it - they are just a bully - plain and simple. Any idiot can bully an employee, and many of them do!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

generalposter wrote:This is a good example of your selfish attitude when in public. Just like your previous claim that it is fine to use your cell phone at a stop light and take the fine when caught

Really? He claimed this? What a goofball. Yup - a part of the problem.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

I can't believe the whining from people with pets and such.
First - I go to the yacht club frequently and see these people let their dogs pee all over the grass where their children (and others they know) roll around and play. This is a regular occurance. On the gardens is one issue in the parks but where children frequent? Dirty and disgusting. There are off leash places to let your pet free. Be a responsible pet owner please. Then there is the parking.... Peachland residents let the district dictate how and where you can park. fine... now they whine and complain about it. New structures coming in. Where is the parking going to come from? Pull it out of their *bleep*? Rules are rules. Just like the speeding that goes on. I am regularly almost run over by locals and non-locals from the speeding. I will be pushing for my RCMP friends to come in and finish off what the bylaw guy started before he got hobbled by the district. You do 60 in a 30....double speed posted... say bye bye. I will be happy to see patrons actually walking because their car was impounded and give the index to those that actually thought that the woman who simply wrote a book... could be a mayor .
just sayin...
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Even Steven wrote:The point that the *bleep* match that this old guy started by reading me his lecture and then venting on all things parking took perhaps 5 times longer than the amount of time I spent parked there holding up the precious spot.

It's rather obvious that he wasn't after keeping the area clear because after hearing me out he'd just say "Son, don't do it again and get out of here", he just wanted to be rude and obnoxious. And he got a healthy dose of it back AFTER he decided to take it to that level.

People like this will always find something wrong and something to complain about it, and they need to be put in their place. It's not about rules and regulations with them, it's about living their pathetic lives and being so depressed from it they have to take it out on the general public in a form of overzealousness and rudeness.

Pretty easy to find something to complain about when all day you have to deal with individuals who perceive themselves above the law.
Good thing you put that old guy in his place, if it was a women you could have really given it to her eh?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

sixxonesixx wrote:I can't believe the whining from people with pets and such.
First - I go to the yacht club frequently and see these people let their dogs pee all over the grass where their children (and others they know) roll around and play. This is a regular occurance. On the gardens is one issue in the parks but where children frequent? Dirty and disgusting. There are off leash places to let your pet free. Be a responsible pet owner please. Then there is the parking.... Peachland residents let the district dictate how and where you can park. fine... now they whine and complain about it. New structures coming in. Where is the parking going to come from? Pull it out of their *bleep*? Rules are rules. Just like the speeding that goes on. I am regularly almost run over by locals and non-locals from the speeding. I will be pushing for my RCMP friends to come in and finish off what the bylaw guy started before he got hobbled by the district. You do 60 in a 30....double speed posted... say bye bye. I will be happy to see patrons actually walking because their car was impounded and give the index to those that actually thought that the woman who simply wrote a book... could be a mayor .
just sayin...

i guess if you find it dirty and disgusting, don't let your kids in there.......
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

sixxonesixx wrote:I can't believe the whining from people with pets and such.
just sayin...

Where is the grass at the Yacht club that the children play on ?
Black Dogs Matter
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 18th, 2017, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try again without the personal attack!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dmctighe

Post by dmctighe »

Are theses the same sacred Peachland Parks that are COVERED in Goose Crap ???? Heaven forbid that an evil dog sets foot on that clean pristine grass ;-)

Return to “Central Okanagan”