Black Friday Deals

A potpourri of off-topics.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Black Friday Deals

Post by JLives »

Post any good deals you have found here.

Nume classic 19mm or reverse curling wand. Regular $169.99. Sale Price $9.99 (not a typo) Code word: TURKEY
http://numeproducts.com/hair-styling/ho ... wand-19mm/
http://numeproducts.com/hair-styling/ho ... rse-wands/
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Black Friday Deals

Post by Lady tehMa »

The only deal I got was a cleanser at Sephora. I needed one, it was a good deal. I spent more at shopper's on stuff I needed for the home (we go through bandaids like crazy - between teen son and electrician husband).
I haven't failed until I quit.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

LOL

btw why do smart phone users who use video to capture events always use portrait instead of landscape? *bleep*! ;)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Picked up a new Laptop for $180 off list price.

Bad part is now it will take me forever to get it set up the way I want. lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
So this started as 1 day thing, now there is pre & post black friday sales. I guess anything to separate people from there money.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

GordonH wrote:Bumped
So this started as 1 day thing, now there is pre & post black friday sales. I guess anything to separate people from there money.

And in many cases there is no savings at all. I have been purposely watching several item prices for the last couple months.

Item A month ago was advertised as $59 Regular price. This exact item yesterday had a sticker on it for $89 Regular, $66 one sale.

Item B which I actually purchased week and a half ago for $17 regular price. Yesterday had a black friday sticker saying Regular price of $24 on sale for $17.

I'm sure there are some true sales or deals out there but I wonder how many people actually pay attention to the prices 1-2 months before any sale begins. Most will just see the that black friday or boxing day sticker that says Reg $100, Now $60 and think they are saving $40 when in reality they have saved nothing or in some cases paid more than the original price a month or two ago.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ this is why I don't get involved with either Black Friday events or christmas sales. Usually retailers bring in more then they actually sell on either event. If there is something I'm interested in (which is rare, it does happen), I will wait until after & just keep an eye on the item. Usually they mark it down just to get it out of their on location warehouse.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It always pays (saves) to know your prices.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Redflagdeals is a good source for good deals, as is the Facebook page Bargain Barrels.

For items on Amazon, Camelcamelcamel is great and I have saved significantly on items which I can wait a few months to buy by putting a price watch on that item. For most items, I check their price graphs there to make sure I am getting a good price.

For computer parts, I use PC Part Picker.

Anyone have any other suggestions of good sites?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If you don't mind waiting you can save big time from AliExpress.com
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Bsuds wrote:If you don't mind waiting you can save big time from AliExpress.com

Already use(d) them, gearbest, dx, light in the box, tiny deal, and everbuying. All of them take forever to arrive, but the prices are sometimes irresistible. Aliexpress has been a less than pleasant experience at times, but they are a great source.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Verum wrote: All of them take forever to arrive, but the prices are sometimes irresistible.

It's funny but I have had some things arrive in 2-3 weeks but just got an order that I have been refunded for that I ordered 4 months ago. My wife is a quilter and I get all kinds of quilters supplies dirt cheap compared to here.

Any order that has not arrived within the specified time you get a refund.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Bsuds wrote:
Verum wrote: All of them take forever to arrive, but the prices are sometimes irresistible.

It's funny but I have had some things arrive in 2-3 weeks but just got an order that I have been refunded for that I ordered 4 months ago. My wife is a quilter and I get all kinds of quilters supplies dirt cheap compared to here.

Any order that has not arrived within the specified time you get a refund.

Yes, but sometimes what arrives is not usable, but technically somewhat like the description. At that point, I can demand a refund and go through the fight to get one, or accept their usual offer to send a replacement, which has a 50% chance of arriving.

I ordered a whole raft of items around September last year, and most of them arrived in late January/early February. I had received refunds on them, but for some reason, Canada Post had delayed my parcels by months. Many of these were intended as stocking stuffers. At that point, I have the dilemma, do I pay back the sellers again, do I send back the goods, which would have cost more, or do I say nothing and be a scumbag. Paying for items I have no need for, because Canada Post screwed me over is a pain, but it was all I could reasonably do.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Verum wrote:I ordered a whole raft of items around September last year, and most of them arrived in late January/early February.

Last year was really bad and I had several things that never arrived. I suspect they were in a container that fell off a ship somewhere. lol (This happens more often than you think)
Delays in Customs are common as well. I also think some of the sellers are trying to scam us and I never accept anything but a refund.
The good ones totally outweigh the bad and if you save 1-500%. the odd loss is negligible.

Return to “Grab Bag”