Climate change

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: 15000 researchers agree on. Climate change

Post by The Green Barbarian »

spooker wrote:
I hate being right ...

right about what?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

The pope on climate change.

Post by maryjane48 »

The pope knows god wont be rescuing humans from themselves careless activities

http://huffp.st/oK2AdmL
Snman
Übergod

Re: The pope on climate change.

Post by Snman »

I will admit straight up that I am far from convinced that man plays the role in climate change that the alarmists claim we do but I really don't give a rats petunia what the Pope has to say. Stick to religion or whatever it is all you popes and priests do. His comments make me disbelieve the anthropogenic climate change theory even more.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

j watson wrote:I will admit straight up that I am far from convinced that man plays the role in climate change that the alarmists claim we do but I really don't give a rats petunia what the Pope has to say. Stick to religion or whatever it is all you popes and priests do. His comments make me disbelieve the anthropogenic climate change theory even more.

Belief in man made climate change is a religion complete with sinners and penance and high priests and heretics and inquisitions and tithing, just like the history of the Roman Catholic church so what can we expect. Both want to control peoples behavior and take our money and both promise salvation. The Pope is doing just what comes naturally. He is unable to be objective.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Actually he is being objective. The pope is basing this off of science. He has said as much. As a moral leader however, he also has a responsibility to preach morality. Not trashing our planet is a moral responsibility for all of us.

Whether you are looking this from a scientific perspective, or a moral perspective, or even a religious perspective, the end result is the same. This is the only planet we have, and we are it’s custodians.

If you’re religious, then God made this planet, and then made you. He didn’t make you to trash his other work.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Even though I am not religious I am on the same page, chapter and verse with you on this one. Wow, eh?

The mindset today seems to be "to hell with everything and everyone else on this planet; just don't interfere with how I trash and abuse it! Me first!!"

:130:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Catsumi wrote:Even though I am not religious I am on the same page, chapter and verse with you on this one. Wow, eh?

The mindset today seems to be "to hell with everything and everyone else on this planet; just don't interfere with how I trash and abuse it! Me first!!"

:130:

Respectfully, that's simply not the case. As someone who spent a great deal of time working to reduce pollution and waste, and working toward better ways of dealing with the trash we inevitably generate, I tend to speak up when I see this kind of black and white stereotyping.

People can be very genuinely concerned about how we impact the earth without making CO2 reduction the primary focus of their efforts. The AGW crowd has, to date, done more harm than good with the policies they've encouraged, fostered and promoted. All on a very shaky premise that all the harm we're doing will pay off by manipulating the climate to the planet's benefit.

I'd have far more respect for the pope if he insisted we put a much higher value on harm done to the poor (and the environment) in the name of fighting AGW.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yes, Agreed. I also work very hard to reduce, reuse and recycle and was doing so since I read Rachel Carson's book back in 1965. CO2 levels were not discussed way back then but our growing waste and pollution was.

Daily we are informed that the icecaps are melting, pollution is poisoning our seas and air, deforestation is happening faster than replanting, overfishing, extinction of species while we keep adding to the planet's population.

It is a huge and complex subject that will bite us hard if we continue on without taking steps to clean up our act. And yes, the poor will be suffering by government's misguided policies in efforts to correct the situation. I suppose it's a case now that public awareness and clamour are setting off panic decisions by leaders.

It would be so nifty if somehow we could reduce CO2 levels substantially for six months worldwide so that scientists could evaluate the before-after data. However, not possible and therefore not going to happen.

Only time will reveal the outcome.
:D
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Cactusflower
Banned

Climate change

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/lle ... -1.4693128

The pilot thinks this is 'neat'. I think it's alarming to see how human behaviour has escalated the rate of climate change.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Climate change

Post by rustled »

"The story of the glacier is constantly changing, and I like to show clients the old glacier scar on the valley — to show them where the ice was in the early 1900s, and to where it is today," said Tait. "It's a pretty significant difference."

IMO, there's no need to cast aspersions on the pilot, nor is there a need for yet another climate change thread.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

where in that article is the unproven man-made climate change hypothesis even mentioned?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The head of Canada's largest oil company says climate change is backed by science, and deniers, including politicians, need to do a U-turn and accept it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/s ... -1.4694549

'It is a matter of profound disappointment to me that science and economics have taken on some strange political ownership,' Suncor president and CEO Steve Williams told the audience at a sold-out event Wednesday in Calgary.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

:135: another climate change thread?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Ka-El wrote::135: another climate change thread?

Yeah, okay - that I agree with... lol.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “World”