Don't have kids - AGW nonsense

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Don't have kids - AGW nonsense

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:You're adding to the conversation. :up:

I feel no one should be putting a moral spin on having children and that is what is happening and outraging GB and likely others too.

Exactly. :up:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

In other words, I don't have children, but that isn't making me somehow more moral in todays society.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:In other words, I don't have children, but that isn't making me somehow more moral in todays society.

and you didn't make the decision to not have kids based on some loony tune AGW cultist. That's what's really important.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I hope no one does.

I'm going to go one step further: if any young women are reading this, if you want a family and are just not sure you're going to meet Mr. Right to have one with, find an ethical way to have your family. Start the adoption process or artificial insemination. Don't trap a man into getting you knocked up and then sue for paternity years later. Like what happened to my ex.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here is Eureka, Nunavut. The coldest place in Canada, and also one of the fastest warming places on earth.

Eureka.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:In other words, I don't have children, but that isn't making me somehow more moral in todays society.

and you didn't make the decision to not have kids based on some loony tune AGW cultist. That's what's really important.

Isn't looney toon and AGW the same word? That's how I see it.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Look into who funded the eugenics movement. Same people funded the big green blob. Its just a friendlier way to say only the rich survive .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Catsumi wrote:I've been mulling this over all day and see that there is no way out and no solution that will please all.

Some think that immigration will solve the world overpopulation problem and, at the same time, solve our economic problems too.

Others believe we can be squashed together cheek to jowl. Somehow.

Some would like mandatory control of birth numbers while others bitterly resent such an idea.

Yes, there will always be wars and more to come. Battlegrounds over arable land and water. Naturally, corrupt governments will also thrive as they promise milk and honey, deliver nothing while their leaders line their pockets.

Humans are a strange lot. The Easter Island folk KNEW when they cut down the last tree on their island and yet they still did it. A week ago the Rhohinga Muslims were offered birth control, free, by our government but they turned the offer aside. These folk are in dire straits having been marched out of Burma and are now camping without proper food, medical care or a decent place to live. Rape is rampant and the resulting children will be born into that hell with no or little hope. For the life of me I can't figure out why they would add to their misery. But then, aren't we doing pretty much the same by adding to global population?

Like QK I have no skin in the game as early in life chose to be childless (a shame really because they would have been fed, educated and oh so good looking) so probably a good idea to bow out of discussion. There is no solution.

Bob Rae, our man in Myanmar is beating the drum again today about the Muslim Rhohinga, still encamped on Bangladeshi soil.

After being offered birth control free of charge (refused it), more births are the expected result, born to uneducated, religiously dogmatic parents, unwanted back into Myanmar.

Watch for it. Somehow or other they will wind up in Canada, a financial and social burden, slipped in under the guise of humanitarianism.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We are China now.

^^As seen in a Vancouver bus stop.

Soooo is this a message for people of colour not to have more kids?
Is this for everyone not to have more than one?
Is this just an elitist way to tell the poor and ever increasingly squeezed out middle class not to have more kids to take from their resources?

What the :cuss: is this?
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Queen K wrote:Soooo is this a message for people of colour not to have more kids?
Is this just an elitist way to tell the poor and ever increasingly squeezed out middle class not to have more kids to take from their resources?

I will go with "for everyone".
Are you suspicious the message being conveyed is class related, or race related because the kid in the picture is "of colour"?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Crossed my mind.

In fact I know it's for everyone. We have Covid taking out nearly a million in less than year and we have campaigns like this one.
Depopulation is the goal. Not for the rich, well off people tend to have fewer children and educated women in third world countries tend to have fewer than their national average.

I haven't tried the website but plan to later.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

I am all for Leftists not procreating at all. 100% agree with that.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm all for stupid people now pro-creating but alas it seems our welfare system encourages baby making as financial goal. Educated people have fewer childern when they could well afford them. Or none.

How is this a "left/right" issue at all? :135:
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Queen K wrote:We are China now.

^^As seen in a Vancouver bus stop.

Soooo is this a message for people of colour not to have more kids?

To be fair it's one picture on the sign. Any race is a bad choice. It would be more effective to show a montage, which also pushes the overpopulation point.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by ckil »

It takes 2.1 births per female to maintain a population, which Canadians are not doing. Close immigration and offer benefits that allow for a stay-at-home parent to raise the children until preschool so Canadians can find their identity without having to rely on immigration. Simple.

Return to “World”