$10 + Million a Piece

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: $10 + Million a Piece

Post by Verum »

Raven1 wrote:Not nearly as radical as newcomers to this country having some RESPECT for the opportunity that has been presented to them here.

So, if Canada wrongs someone, should they not have recourse to be compensated?
Should Canada not respect her own people?
Should Canada not take responsibility for her own actions?
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

I guess the meaning of respect only applies to new citizens and the treatment they receive from the country of their choosing.

Now don't take that and twist it around; just read it and accept it as it is written.

They CHOSE to come here for the benefits they could reap while sewing very few seeds that would benefit anyone other than themselves and their followers.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Raven1 wrote:I guess the meaning of respect only applies to new citizens and the treatment they receive from the country of their choosing.

Now don't take that and twist it around; just read it and accept it as it is written.

They CHOSE to come here for the benefits they could reap while sewing very few seeds that would benefit anyone other than themselves and their followers.

A country should respect all citizens equally and nothing I have said suggests otherwise. Other than that, I don't know what your point is with your first sentence.

Since I can only assume that the "They" you refer to in your last sentence are the "new citizens" from your first sentence, I think your claim that "They CHOSE to come here for the benefits they could reap while sewing very few seeds that would benefit anyone other than themselves and their followers." is extremely ignorant of the myriad of benefits that those who come to Canada and choose to make it their home have brought all of us. Certainly, some may not bring much, but that's also true of natural born Canadian citizens too. People like Alexander Graham Bell and Mike Lazaridis were immigrants and I hope I don't need to remind you of the benefits and respect they brought to Canada.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Raven1 wrote:I guess the meaning of respect only applies to new citizens and the treatment they receive from the country of their choosing.

The newest candidate for our millions of bucks is not, never was, a Canadian citizen. He lived here for five years and then was kicked out.

And no, you cannot expect your words NOT to be twisted. Some are pros at it.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Catsumi wrote:And no, you cannot expect your words NOT to be twisted. Some are pros at it.

While some might do so, just because someone uses your words to show inconsistencies in your argument or obvious biases does not mean that they twisted your words.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

My point hasn't changed, and isn't about to til there's a little redistribution of gratitude and respect coming from some of those that have CHOSEN Canada as their new home.

As the saying goes.....when in Canada do as Canadians do....not as you please because you are ignorant of our society.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Raven1 wrote:My point hasn't changed, and isn't about to til there's a little redistribution of gratitude and respect coming from some of those that have CHOSEN Canada as their new home.

As the saying goes.....when in Canada do as Canadians do....not as you please because you are ignorant of our society.

What has that to do with the compensation awarded to these men?

The problem with your saying is that it is relatively meaningless. There is no one set of things Canadians do. We do not have a single culture or even a small, relatively similar set of cultures, but rather, Canada has a huge variety of cultures. Canadian cultures do have shared values, and so long as one lives fairly closely to those values, one is being a good Canadian. If you think that immigrants should embrace your culture specifically, then you yourself are not being particularly Canadian. If you think that they should embrace Canadian values, you are right and my experience is that immigrants tend to do so at least as well as natural born Canadians.
kelofornia
Übergod

Post by kelofornia »

Verum, do you find the dollar amounts in these payouts acceptable ?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

kelofornia wrote:Verum, do you find the dollar amounts in these payouts acceptable ?

It depends how you look at them. I trust that our legal representatives have at least attempted to keep the amounts as small as reasonable, but it is not acceptable for our government to screw things up so much that we are having to make these payouts in the first place. So, the amounts are acceptable because I suspect we could not get away with a smaller amount, but the fact that events conspired to make these payouts appropriate is not acceptable.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^

A fine example of pretzel prattle.

Please read the original link to follow the story, and then, can you come back to us here, your fellow Canadians, and tell us that we owe this guy 50 Million bucks??

He was KICKED OUT of Canada, then went to Iraq and then to Afghanistan where he must have been at war with our side and allies, got scooped up by the Americans and sent to prison. What the hell else would you expect?? And it's OUR fault ? We have to pay him??

Honestly, I truly despair!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Catsumi wrote:^^^

A fine example of pretzel prattle.

Please read the original link to follow the story, and then, can you come back to us here, your fellow Canadians, and tell us that we owe this guy 50 Million bucks??

He was KICKED OUT of Canada, then went to Iraq and then to Afghanistan where he must have been at war with our side and allies, got scooped up by the Americans and sent to prison. What the hell else would you expect?? And it's OUR fault ? We have to pay him??

Honestly, I truly despair!

This thread is not about Djamel Ameziane but rather Abdullah Almalki, Ahmad El Maati and Muayyed Nureddin. I have never said that Ameziane was entitled to the amount he claims, I neither know enough nor care to learn enough on his case to be able to make such a judgement. Please do not twist my arguments to apply them to situations completely different to those they were made for.
Last edited by Verum on Nov 6th, 2017, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Canada should not be involved with torture. Its inhumam. If was up to me harper be in jail for crimes against humanity
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I cannot locate the thread where I mentioned that soon our very own radicalized Canadian citizens that joined ISIS against Canada are now returning to our fold.

The same is true of the UK who have decided they will not tolerate their return and will kill these ISIS terrorist supporters.

So, in stark contrast, Canada is gladly taking them all back in with open arms. Canada is to rehabilitate these men so that it doesn't occur to them to continue to fight, murder or bomb bomb us on our own soil.

Rehab hasn't really been a big success story with previously incarcerated murderers, rapists, pedophiles or even with killer dogs, but we KNOW it will work this time. It may cost a huge amount of money for psychiatrists, psychologists and hospitalization for these guys, but what the hell, it's only money.

I am sure our veterans who fought against ISIS will agree.

Unknown
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Has ANYONE else noticed, besides Sobrhusfat who posted a meme (p. 166 World memes) how fast this shameful story was buried?

Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Catsumi wrote:I cannot locate the thread where I mentioned that soon our very own radicalized Canadian citizens that joined ISIS against Canada are now returning to our fold.

The same is true of the UK who have decided they will not tolerate their return and will kill these ISIS terrorist supporters.

So, in stark contrast, Canada is gladly taking them all back in with open arms. Canada is to rehabilitate these men so that it doesn't occur to them to continue to fight, murder or bomb bomb us on our own soil.

Rehab hasn't really been a big success story with previously incarcerated murderers, rapists, pedophiles or even with killer dogs, but we KNOW it will work this time. It may cost a huge amount of money for psychiatrists, psychologists and hospitalization for these guys, but what the hell, it's only money.

I am sure our veterans who fought against ISIS will agree.

The government thinks that doing anything else means they will have to give each terrorist 10 million bucks lest we "violate their rights" by stripping them of the Canadian citizenship or leaving them overseas. 10 million times 100 or so ISIS fighters means 1 billion bucks the government will pay out.

THIS is what ISIS represents: feeding baby parts to the Yadizi mother, and raping to death her 10 year old. F'n sick.

https://twitter.com/LaloDagach/status/8 ... 9932325888
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Canada”