Can not hire fast enough

Jflem1983
Guru

Can not hire fast enough

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lol. Maybe its the wages ? Minimum wage to work on airplanes. No wonder they have to bring people from afar. Castanet should have mentioned wages in the article. I wonder why they never did ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Can not hire fast enough

Post by Jflem1983 »

Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://okanaganedge.net/2017/11/21/jus ... st-enough/

A good news story sister write up in the Edge. Let's give them a hit too. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

as soon as things slow down they will lay them all off anyways.they are notorious for it
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

voice of reason wrote:as soon as things slow down they will lay them all off anyways.they are notorious for it

They are. But they're a contract business. Can't blame them for hiring and firing, can't keep warm bodies on the payroll with no income to match. Unless you want to go broke.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

lightspeed wrote:
voice of reason wrote:as soon as things slow down they will lay them all off anyways.they are notorious for it

They are. But they're a contract business. Can't blame them for hiring and firing, can't keep warm bodies on the payroll with no income to match. Unless you want to go broke.

Fair points no doubt. How do u defend the starvation wages?

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jflem1983 wrote:

Fair points no doubt. How do u defend the starvation wages?

Do you have stats to back your claim up?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Yes. Do a search of castanet classifieds. U will see the adds for 14 an hr. Starvation wages

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Yes. Do a search of castanet classifieds. U will see the adds for 14 an hr. Starvation wages

And what exactly are you basing your assumption on? Employers pay what the industry demands. KF is well within the industry standard.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Yes. Do a search of castanet classifieds. U will see the adds for 14 an hr. Starvation wages

And what exactly are you basing your assumption on? Employers pay what the industry demands. KF is well within the industry standard.

Unskilled labour, tearing out old seats and suchlike. They're not hiring professors or rocket scientists.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ya i guess thats why no locals care to work there. Cuz they pay so well

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ya i guess thats why no locals care to work there. Cuz they pay so well

Um yeah. Ok [icon_lol2.gif]
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ya i guess thats why no locals care to work there. Cuz they pay so well

Sorry - but you're completely out to lunch. If you expect to walk in the door unskilled and untrained, then yes - and pretty much what you should expect no matter who, where or what area of employment you look at. There is however this thing called education, and if you're willing to put the effort in to educate yourself there are very respectable wages to be made working for KF. I happen to know several "local" employees that have made the effort to obtain training through a number of courses offered locally through KF and have very good paying jobs accordingly.

Like anything in life - you get out of it what you put in. If you expect to walk in the door of any employer and have them kiss your *bleep*, then you're in for a disappointing work career. Make yourself have worth. Be of value and become an asset to your employer - not a dead weight liability.

Layoffs are a result of the economy in general. and happen across all walks of life based on the cause and effect of a simple concept based on supply and demand. The economy is doing well right now, and with a little effort, good jobs are available. Just don't expect to sit there and have it handed to you on a silver platter - get up and earn it.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

WalterWhite wrote:

Sorry - but you're completely out to lunch. If you expect to walk in the door unskilled and untrained, then yes - and pretty much what you should expect no matter who, where or what area of employment you look at. There is however this thing called education, and if you're willing to put the effort in to educate yourself there are very respectable wages to be made working for KF. I happen to know several "local" employees that have made the effort to obtain training through a number of courses offered locally through KF and have very good paying jobs accordingly.

Like anything in life - you get out of it what you put in. If you expect to walk in the door of any employer and have them kiss your *bleep*, then you're in for a disappointing work career. Make yourself have worth. Be of value and become an asset to your employer - not a dead weight liability.

Layoffs are a result of the economy in general. and happen across all walks of life based on the cause and effect of a simple concept based on supply and demand. The economy is doing well right now, and with a little effort, good jobs are available. Just don't expect to sit there and have it handed to you on a silver platter - get up and earn it.

U make it sound like ive worked there or wanted too . I only posted this cuz they claim to be crying for hands . Yet they pay nothing . There is no where to live here . Not at those wages. How can they bring people in ? . If u want to work for free . U go ahead. Thats your rite. Im not currently looking for a job as i work out of town.

AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

If they are having trouble hiring and complaining then they need to look at their work model. Perhaps paying more, better benefits, education incentives, etc?

As an engineer I looked in Kelowna and was told over and over again about the "sunshine tax". How the hell are people going to afford million dollar homes in 20 years if the sunshine tax makes sure you earn less than those in other major area's...

Return to “Central Okanagan”