#MenToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Re: #MenToo

Post by liisgo »

[/quote]

Normal males(and females) don't seem to be too threatened(I asked, it's a pretty common topic these days) by the trend that people are speaking out about being groped, leered at, and pestered with stupid gross sexual jokes. Normal males will behave the way they always have. Now if this new trend in reporting catches on (as it seems it has, but who know this may be a temporary phenomenon), the only people who need worry are the ones who were assaulting and harassing women in the first place. If those people back off, everyone else is going to have a much more enjoyable time.
If men don't want to stand around for sexual jokes, that's fine, women don't want to either. I am glad the men now finally feel free to react as they wish instead of standing around being embarassed or offended.
Is that crappy that men don't want to take part in lurid or harassing behavior? Or are we reaching a new level of civilization in the work place?
I do believe that, unfortunately, that those who were groping and kissing without consent, aren't really going to stop, but they will be more selective about when and where they do it, so as to not get caught quite so easily in future. The only difference is that now their victims might be believed, if you can line up 15 of them to report.[/quote]

No, normal males, most of us, are having to adapt, not change to accommodate you in the work place, and not because of what you think.
Good men, are learning not what you believe, but about protecting themselves.
That's all that it is about. See there is a complete double standard, another side to this that society does not acknowledge or support. Good men have figured it out and will adapt. Its not about them changing to your liking. Its about adapting to a reality. At any time, someone can take you out of text, not like what you say, be offended, change there acceptance of you, not like you, just be a complete x#@!x one day, and you can go down in a burning flame at their liking.
Again not talking about what some, very few loser men are doing in the work place, but a whole other side of it.
That previous article was written by a women so one should be writing her if you feel threatened or disagree with her.
This isn't something you argue, its just simple, good men need to adapt, not change.
Its not about making it a gender sided issue for men, its not about fighting back, its about survival and protection.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Maybe it's just really just about people acting respectfully, politely, and not groping and forcing intimacy on others.
I realize that's going to require a siesmic shift in behavior for some people, but for normal people, they can just carry on being normal.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 18th, 2017, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

MAPearce wrote:Society is not ready to accept that sexual and physical abuse happens to men ....

STRAIGHT UP .

Being a white , Anglo Saxon male Protestant (wasp) who has been dragged through the court system for simply being a concerned parent, I was labeled as an abuser , just because that IS the "status quo" ..

Still is .

NO one can tell me I'm wrong because it did happen to me ... I got the paperwork to prove it .

WASP's too...

sad but true,very true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

liisgo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2029781/I-use-sex-appeal-ahead-work--does-ANY-woman-sense.html

LOL. dumpy teenager suddenly grows into 5ft11 Swan, and makes a killing! Hilarious article.and to think she could have just sold her virginity for $3 mill.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

liisgo wrote:No, normal males, most of us, are having to adapt, not change to accommodate you in the work place, and not because of what you think.
Good men, are learning not what you believe, but about protecting themselves.
That's all that it is about. See there is a complete double standard, another side to this that society does not acknowledge or support. Good men have figured it out and will adapt. Its not about them changing to your liking. Its about adapting to a reality. At any time, someone can take you out of text, not like what you say, be offended, change there acceptance of you, not like you, just be a complete x#@!x one day, and you can go down in a burning flame at their liking.
Again not talking about what some, very few loser men are doing in the work place, but a whole other side of it.
That previous article was written by a women so one should be writing her if you feel threatened or disagree with her.
This isn't something you argue, its just simple, good men need to adapt, not change.
Its not about making it a gender sided issue for men, its not about fighting back, its about survival and protection.

Charlie Rose, just the latest "normal guy", until some spoke out, and now he's going to have to adapt, or change, if he ever wants a job again.
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywo ... story.html

And his executive producer, a woman, enabled his behavior.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Nov 21st, 2017, 11:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212108

He's fired. Why didn't the FIRST woman to experience this behavior speak out? Is it "no one will believe a star could do this?"

We all ask ourselves, why didn't we speak up if we're inappropriately touched or spoken to.

And how can men now protect themselves against the vengeful woman who maybe gave an different impression at the time? Or are just out to smear him or ruin his career?

I predict dire changes in our Western society today. We're going to dial back the sexual revolution, the innuendo, being alone with the opposite sex and insist on more chaperoning. And that's just the beginning.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

It's always the same reasons why these things weren't reported in the first place.
Victims did not believe they would be believed, they were sure they would be blamed, black balled from the industry, did not realize there were many others who could have supported their story, felt shame, that they were responsible for his behavior, or that they reported and nothing was done.

We are still hearing all these same points made even when several people report someone now, many blame the victims for what he did. He of course claims he thought they were all consensual (which they deny). There are (again) quite a number of women involved, so it's unlikely that all of them have just cooked this up for revenge.
"Godfrey-Ryan said that when Rose learned she had confided to a mutual friend about his conduct, he fired her."

Without job protection for whistle blowers, who in their right mind is going to report?
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

At least society recognizes that sexual harassment in the workplace against females is wrong. When the genders are reversed, it's the men who are forced out.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/exclusive-calgary-call-centre-dispatchers-accuse-female-colleagues-of-sexual-harassment-1.2876114
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

36Drew wrote:At least society recognizes that sexual harassment in the workplace against females is wrong. When the genders are reversed, it's the men who are forced out.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/exclusive-calgary-call-centre-dispatchers-accuse-female-colleagues-of-sexual-harassment-1.2876114

That is obviously terrible how these guys were treated. It doesn't seem very different from the harrassment pattern that the women have endured, little or nothing was done, the onus was left up to the employees to quit if they didn't want the abuse to continue (again, wrong way to handle it, no protection for the whistle blowers). To say it would have been done differently if roles were reversed, we have seen that isn't so. The pattern is similar, the perpetrators get away with the abuse for many years, only now it is all going public. I hope things will change in many workplaces as it all becomes public.
zensiert
Board Meister

Post by zensiert »

Jonrox wrote:This isn’t a great idea.

The problem is so much worse for women and the impact is much greater. To start this now would detract attention away from the issues women are facing. There aren’t very many men being affected on the same level as what women face. You might be that one guy, but I don’t think very many men (including myself) truly understand the scope and impact of the problem.

Suggesting this hashtag, at this time, most definitely tells us that you might be a bit insensitive to how big this issue is.

Ignorance must be bliss.
I am insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
zensiert
Board Meister

Post by zensiert »

Just going to leave this here:

I am insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

So I wonder what was the result of these cases, jail term? which it should be.
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-us-cra ... nts-2015-4
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Silverstarqueen wrote:So I wonder what was the result of these cases, jail term? which it should be.
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-us-cra ... nts-2015-4

"In U.S. schools last year, almost 800 school employees were prosecuted for sexual assault, nearly a third of them women. The proportion of women facing charges seems to be higher than in years past, when female teachers often got a pass, said Terry Abbott, a former chief of staff at the U.S. Department of Education, who tracked the cases.

This year's numbers are already slightly ahead of last year with 26 cases of female school employees accused of inappropriate relationships with male students in January compared to 19 cases the previous January.

Female educators who sexually abuse their students are facing tougher prosecution in part because there are more women police officers. There is also a greater awareness among prosecutors, judges and the general public that students who are victimized by an authority figure, regardless of gender, experience trauma with life-long consequences."

This is just it right? Women teachers often got a "free pass" when it came to sexual advances towards teenage boys, likely due to a false *wink, wink, wow, every boys fantasy come true attitude. However, add the power of giving out marks and letters of recommendations, or not, over their academic lives, nevermind the lasting, lingering feeling of being taken advantage of, there comes a time when it has to be prosecuted more heavily.

Take 50 Shades of Grey. Christain is 15 or so when is mother's friend takes advantage of him. Why is it so acceptable because he became a billionaire?
Last edited by Queen K on Nov 22nd, 2017, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”