Did someone say election???

southy
Lord of the Board

Did someone say election???

Post by southy »

So after my coffee finished running out of my nose and I quit laughing and coughing .. I had to re-read this story one more time: https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212246

You got it folks .. the kool aid gang over in the big white building on Main have had their muzzles removed and they are actually speaking .. well kinda. Konanz - I like and she might do ok if she runs again. Sentes .. now this individual presents an interesting finish to her term. The question is ... will she or will she not run for mayor??? I see her gaining a lot of press lately, the question is why? Does she really believe she can take a run at the mayors chair ... not literally, I mean in the next election. [icon_lol2.gif] Mr. Martin ... ah Mr. Martin he has done such a wonderful job of disappearing and being quiet. I always knew those fence sitting lessons would pay off for him. At first I thought his comment was a stab at humour but then I read it again and I tend to think he is serious. Combine the two marinas .. yup ok.

Again it would appear someone has given this group the green light to ... well speak. Was it Mr. Weeber? Was it Mayor Jak? Is it the new communications person? By the way has Phil said anything yet?

Now all we need are about 7 serious, educated, community minded, creative, honest, trustworthy, empathetic, energetic individuals to run in the next election. Let us hope.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Did someone say election???

Post by JagXKR »

Now all we need are about 7 serious, educated, community minded, creative, honest, trustworthy, empathetic, energetic individuals to run in the next election. Let us hope.

And who are these people? The adage any change is good does not apply. It could be worse or better but with no one putting their names into the public foray I think this "election" stuff is a bit premature. Now, if you have some inside info on the potential candidates, please post them.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

No one but Lynne and Brian are going to make their intentions obvious 12 months out. Their contributions to the local rag editorial page have already spiked lol, Self described Momma Bear?? Savior of Bighorn Sheep habitat?? Lord help us!
Why would anyone put their name forward now when there are still 12 months of rope left for hanging?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

So why are we talking about it? Just seems a bit too far off to be an everyday topic. Just sayin.
As for Brian, I truly hope he gets much less support than he did last time. The 900 votes he received must have been from those who honestly did not know his way out there views. I mean waaaaaay out there. His editorial about Skaha Bluffs development in the Herald today was inane.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JagXKR wrote:So why are we talking about it? Just seems a bit too far off to be an everyday topic. Just sayin.
As for Brian, I truly hope he gets much less support than he did last time. The 900 votes he received must have been from those who honestly did not know his way out there views. I mean waaaaaay out there. His editorial about Skaha Bluffs development in the Herald today was inane.

He got 900 votes because he can legally put Dr. in front of his name because he has a Phd and ignorant voters equate that as a good thing. He is a hard core enviro crusader that would have us all living in teepee's covered in sustainable only harvest animal hides.

Dr. Brian L. Horejsi is a wildlife scientist and forester. He earned a bachelor of science in forestry from the Montana State University and then a PhD in the behavioral ecology of large mammals from the University of Calgary with his study of bighorn sheep.

But ya, it's way too early to be talking about the next election except for pointing out the two People trying to become name recognized by repetition much like Fruit Loops commercials brainwash the weak minded into buying them..
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

To early? Not really. We've been talking about the next election for the past 3 plus years. My original post says exactly what you are saying Twobits. Certain council members are finally speaking though they really haven't for three years. I call it trying to create name recognition. Only difference is One can acquire a liking for fruit loops. Same cannot be said about this current mayor and council.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Alright you've swayed me. Especially the repetition part. The world is an untapped reservoir of stupidity and I could see people voting due to name recognition. In the "bad" doctors case that would be horrible. But I still have no idea if what we will get is "better" than what we have. What if all the candidates were like the "bad" doctor?

Yes, I can have apocalyptic thoughts.

Return to “South Okanagan”