The warming is accelerating?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

The warming is accelerating?

Post by Glacier »

I heard on the radio that the warming in the Arctic is accelerating. I'm open minded enough to accept this as true, but extraordinary claims require at least some sort of evidence, so I would like the smart members of Castanet to provide me with a single weather station anywhere on earth that shows accelerating warming. That way I would at least know that this statement is true in some parts of the planet.

Here are three Canadian stations: the country's longest running one (Toronto), the country's coldest and fastest warming station (Eureka), and Penticton. Would you consider these to be warming at a constant rate, a decelerating rate, or an accelerating rate?

Toronto.png

Eureka.png

Penticton.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: The warming is accelerating?

Post by Queen K »

im not smart but i did extensiv research on google an' git me a link u might like
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/per ... -1.4068755
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:im not smart but i did extensiv research on google an' git me a link u might like
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/per ... -1.4068755

Interesting. So the title says: "Permafrost thawing faster than previously thought, new study says", and then the very first line of the article says: "A new paper suggests permafrost may be in danger of thawing much faster than previously estimated."

Wow, talk about a deceptive click-bait title!

Anyway, in another thread, Cactusflower made the bold claim that the warming is accelerating, but cannot find a single place on earth where this is happening. I guess it's safe to say that this so called "accelerating rate of warming" is complete bunk.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but 'tis an interesting read.

http://arctic-news.blogspot.ca/2016/12/ ... ocean.html
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 113235.htm
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

My experience in Toronto tells me its warming. I have pictures of wearing snowsuits in October when going trick or treating. The costumes were always purchased around the snow pants and jacket and gloves. For the past 10 years we have not had snow in October anymore or at least not consistently as it used to. Over the last 5 years we have not had snow until the end of November or even into late December.

I know its not scientific, but its a real life comparison that I am living through.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Well where is your paper being published? If you have data that disproves what a planet full of climate scientists have determined you'll certainly be up for some awards.

Or, alternatively, they understand the science better than people who aren't climate scientists and their determinations are correct.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

JLives wrote:Well where is your paper being published? If you have data that disproves what a planet full of climate scientists have determined you'll certainly be up for some awards.

Or, alternatively, they understand the science better than people who aren't climate scientists and their determinations are correct.

Are you sure they understand the science better?

http://www.populartechnology.net/2013/02/the-1970s-global-cooling-alarmism.html

There is a rather long list of links to sources insisting that we were heading for another ice age . . . and when that didn't happen they changed it to warming. If there is one thing scientists are good at, it is changing their minds.

And we all know that the ONLY reason ice melts is because of higher temperatures in the air :admin:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2143924-there-are-almost-100-new-volcanoes-hiding-under-antarctic-ice/
I haven't failed until I quit.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

"Local community forum poster up for Nobel prize for disproving climate change. Planet's climate scientists wish they had seen those links a long time ago."

:admin:
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:Well where is your paper being published? If you have data that disproves what a planet full of climate scientists have determined .

which planet is this? Mars?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

JLives wrote:Well where is your paper being published? If you have data that disproves what a planet full of climate scientists have determined you'll certainly be up for some awards.

You don't need a published paper to establish basic facts that are readily available on the internet. We don't need a scientific paper to know that Okanagan Lake was at record levels in the Spring (although there is some doubt about that). We can look at the data, and figure it out for ourselves. We can discuss the data and analyze the data without going through the peer reviewed process. It's not ground breaking research to conduct data analysis of simple data sets. We don't need published papers to analyze the data to show that Kelowna is indeed warming. We don't need published papers to show (as my graph above shows) that 170 years ago, Toronto had an average temperature similar to today's Juneau, and today it's similar to today's Kamloops and Kelowna. These are basic facts that you can derive from the data.

Now, obviously, I could have made a mistake, yadda, yadda, which is why I would honestly like someone to show me a graph (peer reviewed or not) that shows accelerated warming anywhere on earth.
- Douglas Murray
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

whitecandle wrote:Not sure if this is what you're looking for but 'tis an interesting read.

Thank you for these excellent links. If the deniers actually take the time to read them, it should stop all those 'ostrich' comments, anyway.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cactusflower wrote:
whitecandle wrote:Not sure if this is what you're looking for but 'tis an interesting read.

Thank you for these excellent links. If the deniers actually take the time to read them, it should stop all those 'ostrich' comments, anyway.

This does not answer my question nor address it. The Arctic Ocean is accelerating the warming because of the Coriolis effect, but we are talking a year or two of acceleration. When there was a 15 year pause in warming, people were saying that's too short a time period to declare warming is over (and they were right). Now suddenly a 1 year period is not too short? I think not!

When I see graphs like this, I know I'm dealing with anti-science crack pots. Now there are anti-science crack pots who think we haven't warming or that global warming is a Chinese hoax, but equally anti-science are these people who confuse weather with climate. They keep blaming fires and hurricanes on climate change, and call others who disagree deniers even though they are anti-science hypocrites for jumping on the false bandwagon.

There is a good scientific case to be made for human caused warming, but like Donald Trump, most people (left and right) only want easy answers to complex questions. It's dishonest and hypocritical to blinding believe every crackpot twitface who supports your hypothesis and reject even the most scientifically sound arguments against it.

I'm not arguing against human caused warming, I'm merely questioning the one point on accelerating warming. Lying is not a good way to promote a theory even if increases the number of people who buy in. Again, I would like to see graphs showing acceleration over the past 100 to 150 years. The ocean temperatures are a bit problematic because the stations and methods for recording changed in 2005, so it's likely that temperatures would rise or fall since then based solely on the change in method. Land stations are static, so I would like to see this mythical acceleration somewhere on land.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here's another station...

WatsonLk.png
- Douglas Murray
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

The Western US has, at minimum, long since become a climate sacrifice zone for the geoengineers. The current NOAA departure from normal high temperature "forecast" map is below. This map reflects nothing less than the "scheduled" weather from primary climate engineering contractor, Raytheon, who does all the forecast modeling for the National Weather Service (NWS) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). In this completely engineered scenario, ionosphere heater induced record shattering heat will bake the Western US while potential record cool temperatures may occur in the Central US. The scenario shown below has been repeated by the climate engineers countless times since 2007.

The HAARP ionosphere heater installation in Alaska is only one of many large radio frequency / microwave transmitters located around the world that are utilized for climate engineering purposes.

When the ionosphere is bombarded with the massively powerful RF / microwave transmissions from installations like HAARP, high pressure heat domes can be created and maintained. In the case of the current record shattering high pressure heat dome over the US West, the clockwise spin of upper level air currents around the high pressure zone allow the weather makers to steer cooler air from the Pacific into the center of the country while completely bypassing the West.

Though the "official" forecasted record highs in the West are alarming enough, the actual temperature readings on the ground are now significantly higher than the "official" readings in almost all locations monitored by GeoengineeringWatch.org and others.

The latest "Temperature Departure From Average" map shown below is very revealing in regard to the true state of global temperatures. Where is it cool? Where not? The coming climate engineering cool-down in the eastern two thirds of the North American continent truly stands out. Antarctica also stands out as a focus of the global climate engineering assault, a primary element of which involves chemical ice nucleation for weather modification. Due to the recent collapse of the immense Larsen C ice shelf in Antarctica, the climate engineers appear to be fully engaged in an increasingly desperate and destructive attempt at damage control in the polar regions.

The increasingly radical swings in Greenland melt extent is another glaring red flag in regard to the on and off engineered cool-downs which include chemical ice nucleation as a major factor. The extreme fluctuations in the Greenland surface melt graph below are alarming and indicative of the ongoing climate engineering assaults in the region.

Sea surface chemical ice nucleation processes are also being utilized on a massive scale. The swirling patterns left from chemical ice nucleation materials on the sea surface are very clearly visible in the NASA satellite image below (east coast of Greenland). Such patterns are also clearly different from the usual broken ice mosaic seen in the upper right of the satellite image.

The power of chemical ice nucleation elements must be seen to be believed, the lab test shown in the 15 second video below gives a glimpse.

Arctic ice mass (volume) has dropped precipitously in recent decades and is now at dangerously low levels. In the attempt to hide this fact from the public for as long as possible, the climate engineers have decimated the planet and the atmosphere as a whole.

The very short animation in the video below is even more revealing in regard to the true state of the Arctic ice volume implosion

Where are the US temperatures predicted (scheduled) to go in the coming months? The NOAA long term forecast map below reveal the accelerating warming that will soon become impossible to deny for even the most willfully blind.

Again, the record heat / record cool weather whiplash scenarios (that has now become the norm in the US and the world) is completely engineered, completely unnatural, and until the recent past, meteorologically unprecedented. Why would the climate engineers carry out such scenarios? Because engineered cool-downs (like the one currently slated for the eastern two thirds of the country) continue to fuel the division and confusion in the population as to the true extent of damage to the climate system (which global geoengineering is making exponentially worse overall while simultaniously destroying the ozone layer). The climate engineering manipulated cool-downs are, of course, only temporary. They are also highly toxic due to the geoengineering jet dispersion of chemical, heavy metal particulates and polymer fibers.

Just as there can be no legitimate discussion of the state of the climate without first and foremost addressing the global climate engineering assault, there can also be no legitimate discussion of climate engineering without addressing the constant engineered cool-downs and the chemical ice nucleation factor. Chemical ice nucleation is a primary element in the ongoing climate engineering assault. If climate engineering is to be effectively exposed and halted, this critical aspect of the equation must be understood and addressed. While the majority of the masses are still allowing themselves to be distracted with power structure orchestrated political theater, the biosphere is collapsing and every breath we take is being contaminated with the toxic fallout from the climate engineering operations. How long till the power structure plays the WWlll card as a final option? What are your priorities? Make your voice heard in the critical battle to expose and halt the global climate engineering / weather warfare assault, and for the greater good. DW
http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/geoengineered-western-us-meltdown-to-cool-the-rest-of-the-country-again/
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Chem trails is another topic. That's not the topic at hand.

Another reason I'm asking for specific thermometer locations is that NOAA guesses for most of the planet now because half the world's weather stations have closed in the past 30 years. This creates huge errors.

- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”