Trapped on Slide

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Trapped on Slide

Post by Symbonite »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... d-on-slide

I love how the mom think there should have been more than what the operator has done by saying if they can help and they are sorry.

You know they do have to apologize for others mistake. Like saying sorry that you forced a square peg through a circle hole.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Trapped on Slide

Post by Fancy »

It sounds like one mother didn't get an apology. "They should have just said they're sorry" was what she said.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

I guess all the parents weren't watching their children take the ball up onto the slide in the first place, but let's get upset and place blame on the operators.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The operators are responsible for the conditions of the equipment.
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

Fancy wrote:The operators are responsible for the conditions of the equipment.

Absolutely! However they aren't responsible for the inappropriate use of the equipment.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

SuperMom wrote:Absolutely! However they aren't responsible for the inappropriate use of the equipment.

I'll disagree when children are involved and especially when it's stated on their website:
you don’t need to stay with them at all times (we have a comfortable seating area waiting for you)

Had the ball been inflated, it wouldn't have presented a safety hazard.

One of the exercise balls in a confined area had somehow been partially deflated enough to allow it to be removed from that area by kids
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I read the thread title after seeing headlines of mudslides, was relieved it was a different slide.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And there were no physical injuries.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Unecessary drama.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

I'd be willing to bet that this mom (like most of the other parents) was sitting there with her eyes firmly focused on her smartphone (head down, finger tapping away) while her kid along with some others took it upon themselves to put the ball down the slide in the first place. Not saying ownership should have made sure the ball was properly inflated and stayed in it's designated area, but this whole thing smells of her trying to get something more out of this than just the apology she says she wants. I see this type of parent all the time, too busy paying attention to their phones, their kids running rampant on the playground or wherever they happen to be (mall, stores, restaurants etc.) and when mum realizes they're doing something they shouldn't, instead of getting up and talking to them, just yells (very loudly) at them to stop it NOW before continuing to finish off her text or FB post...

ETA: And C-Net actually took the time to go to her house to film this (though she won't show her face for some reason?), must be slow "news" day again in Kelowna.
Last edited by RVThereYet on Nov 23rd, 2017, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

RVThereYet wrote:I'd be willing to bet that this mom (like most of the other parents) was sitting there with her eyes firmly focused on her smartphone (head down, finger tapping away).

The parents have a seating area available so they don't need to be with their child and you knew that.
Last edited by Fancy on Nov 23rd, 2017, 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Fancy wrote:
RVThereYet wrote:I'd be willing to bet that this mom (like most of the other parents) was sitting there with her eyes firmly focused on her smartphone (head down, finger tapping away).

The parents have a seating area available so they don't need to be with their child and you knew that.

Not sure of your point here about me having knowledge of the parent's seating arrangements? The pool has a parent seating area too, doesn't mean you shouldn't at least keep an peripheral eye on what your kids are up to...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

RVThereYet wrote:Not sure of your point here about me having knowledge of the parent's seating arrangements?

They don't need to stay with them - you knew that. Parents need to be on the premises.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

RVThereYet wrote:ETA: And C-Net actually took the time to go to her house to film this (though she won't show her face for some reason?), must be slow "news" day again in Kelowna.

Don't blame her for not showing her face when there are so many willing to trash someone they don't even know.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lightspeed wrote:Unecessary drama.

When a child has nightmares three nights running, I wouldn't exactly call it "Unecessary drama". If a child has trouble breathing because their face is pushed into a partially deflated ball, I wouldn't exactly call it "Unecessary drama" either.

Return to “Central Okanagan”