Capri Master Plan

Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Capri Master Plan

Post by Scrobins94 »

In my very humble opinion this is the right place to densify, much like the site of Central Green should have been. What a beauty.
TjkhYgG.jpg

7Wbx21D.jpg

ptaLJGO.jpg

http://apps.kelowna.ca/CityPage/DevApps ... 201835.pdf

http://apps.kelowna.ca/CityPage/DevApps ... 201835.pdf
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Capri Master Plan

Post by Even Steven »

Five towers right next to each other looks very cluttered.

Underground parking is awesome though.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Looks great!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Horrified.

But what does an old Kelownian know, having been born and raised here, knowing what we've lost as opposed to supposedly gained?

Cue the out of towners who've moved here to tell me to stuff it. Yes, Kelowna's changed, and it will keep evolving as all major cities have. But that doesn't mean every damn change has to be cheerlead from those who has seen ever green space and open area paved over. What is in your knowledge of Kelowna is not even a shadow of what I and many hold dear in our memories.

RIP Kelowna, it was nice to know you when you were beautiful.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You have to admit there's more green space in the conceptual drawings than what there is now.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The council might come back to them and tell them to get rid of 2 towers. They'll probably replace them with ground level townhouses attached to other towers for extra profit.

But other than that...Way better than what's here. That whole area needs to be nuked and rebuilt from scratch.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

More vistas are being cut off and those houses on the right hand of the screen, the ones right across the street from highrises. Guess what the owners are thinking, "there goes our sun, our views and our light traffic."

And I've learned, never ever trust artist's conceptions of developments. They lie. I don't believe half of that green space will be there when the last touches on the project are done.

Hope I'm proved wrong. But I've never seen a development match the artist's conception.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

http://www.cherryville.net/directions.html

Sounds like Queen K would be happy living here. Directions included in link above. [icon_lol2.gif]
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Nothing much green there now to start with - so much is parking lot. Very few will be affected at the end of the day but that they will be is the unfortunate part of living so close to commercial areas. It will not be great for future parking so the residents will probably have to do something about that as other areas have done.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

If this goes through I'd expect property values in the vicinity to go up. :smt045
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I wasn't born here, but moved here in 1980. Started Grade 1 here. Kelowna is home.

I live barely a block away from this development. I am thrilled about it. The Capri property desperately needs not just an upgrade, but a re-imagining. It was considered to be on the edge of town when it was built.

This will likely mean some proper sidewalks and bike lanes on Gordon and Sutherland, which will benefit me and my family.

I also like how this ties in with the proposed changes to the OCP the the entire Capri/Landmark corridor. I attended the public gathering for that and was quite pleased.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Queen K wrote:More vistas are being cut off and those houses on the right hand of the screen, the ones right across the street from highrises. Guess what the owners are thinking, "there goes our sun, our views and our light traffic."

This part confuses me. Which photo are you referring to? The houses on the right are either Sutherland Ave or Harvey, depending on which picture you're looking at (they are from opposite perspectives). Light traffic?? Vistas???
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i love it. with an ice rink on top of that :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Scrobins94 wrote:http://www.cherryville.net/directions.html

Sounds like Queen K would be happy living here. Directions included in link above. [icon_lol2.gif]

I've been to Cherryville many times over and no, I would not like to live there. I think I can hold onto my childhood memories of how beautiful Kelowna once was without apologizing.

The plan indeed does look sleek and modern but I will believe the green space hype once it's there. I'm betting it won't be nearly as extensive as the depiction because it's always the lie that draws people in. I won't be that green in the end, is what I'm saying.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

How much of a greenspace is it right now?

Return to “Central Okanagan”