Trapped on Slide

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Trapped on Slide

Post by Fancy »

miss_sterious wrote:Because she is making a big deal out of something that should have been prevented by parenting.

So don't slide down the slide?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

common_sense_guy wrote:,that in my opinion they did nothing wrong

They acknowledged the ball was deflated enough to be removed from where it should have been.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Jump2It doesn't provide supervision, nor do they require parents to follow little McKayleigh or Braxtynn around and hover while they play. I certainly don't have eyes on my kid every minute I'm there. With that, comes a small amount of risk that something will happen to him, and I won't be right there to prevent it. The most likely scenario is he has a run-in with another kid. Something like this, where there is some chance of trauma or injury, is even less likely, but as we've seen, still possible. If that were to happen, I wouldn't be hanging blame on the staff unless they were negligent in some way.

I don't blame the staff or even the parents for this. Things happen sometimes.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

miss_sterious wrote:Because she is making a big deal out of something that should have been prevented by parenting.

I still fail to see how parenting comes into this - it was an accident.
picklebunker

Post by picklebunker »

Fancy wrote:

I still fail to see how parenting comes into this - it was an accident.

I think you hit the nail on the head....."it was an accident" You're starting to see why blaming and not taking accountability as a parent is why people are upset.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Mom is laying down the groundwork for a lawsuit.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

picklebunker wrote:I think you hit the nail on the head....."it was an accident" You're starting to see why blaming and not taking accountability as a parent is why people are upset.

I'm not "starting to see" - I've been aware this whole time (what a surprise). But where do you think accountability comes in? This wasn't something the parent would have foreseen.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Even Steven wrote:Mom is laying down the groundwork for a lawsuit.

Hardly - she stated this wasn't intentional, her child wasn't physically hurt and nightmares will likely pass.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Definitely don’t take your child to a play place if you are not willing to read the waiver, provide adequate supervision, and be willing to assume the accountability for unforeseen accidents. Sometimes accidents happen despite reasonable supervision, but that does not mean the blame should be on the staff. YOU are assuming the risk by taking your child to play amongst other parent-supervised children.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

miss_sterious wrote:Sometimes accidents happen despite reasonable supervision, but that does not mean the blame should be on the staff.
This unforeseen accident was due to a deflated piece of equipment and I don't see a real blame game here.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

The true tragedy here is that it made the news.

Could one imagine if every time a kid had an incident on playground equipment that it was part of the news cycle. This is just part of the me society, that has to find an excuse for everything that happens to them, but which they do not have any responsibility for it.
Last edited by GenesisGT on Nov 23rd, 2017, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Yes! Read the waiver!! It clearly tells parents that equipment failures can happen, and not always be noticed immediately. A kid might spill a drink on the floor, and another child may slip on it before it is wiped up. A bouncy castle may start to deflate, and a child need to be removed before the staff notices. This is the PARENTS job, and accountability. So don’t expect an apology from someone whom no blame is on (staff). Talk about entitled!
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Well, Castanet is certainly getting their monies worth out of yet another over-dramatized title and parent to boot for this latest click-bait story at the expense of a local business. smh

Funny how negative business reviews aren't permitted, but it's clear sailing to make a mountain out of a mole-hill if it leads to clicks from viewers. Talk about a non-event. I'm curious to know just exactly how this "news" story came to light. Lord knows Castanet didn't have any investigative journalists dig up the "scoop", and it's likely something posted on FB by the distraught parent, looking for what's become the all too familiar means of getting what someone feels they're deserved via social-media-shaming.

For crying out loud, little Timmy ended up on the bottom of the dog pile. How many of us didn't experience that at some point in their "normal" childhood. Despite the hovering parent discovering any popped vessels in the child's bubble wrap - he will survive. I agree - kids these days are being raised as delicate emotional basket cases with skin thinner than a soap bubble. The fact indoor playgrounds like this have to even exist is imho most unfortunate. Apparently kids (and parents) these days are made from sugar, as being outside in the elements might cause them to melt or dissolve.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote:This unforeseen accident was due to a deflated piece of equipment and I don't see a real blame game here.

Some folks have a real problem when their blow up toys deflate.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Ok , ok , ok , ... Who's "little angle" stuffed the ball down the slide ?

Would the "parent" of said child please stand up and take your lumps ?????
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Central Okanagan”