You can now drive to the Arctic Ocean in Canada!

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: You can now drive to the Arctic Ocean in Canada!

Post by Glacier »

GenesisGT wrote:Make sure you are there for 24 hour sunlight in Tuktoyaktuk from May 19th to July 23rd, nothing screws you more then 24hr sunlight or 24hr darkness.

24 hour light is awesome to experience, just don't stay all summer.

P.S. I'll be seeing Omnitheo and/or Queen K on the road because I'm planning on heading up there too.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I’m torn for the time of year. Summer=mosquitos, winter=extra cold and darkness.

I would like to go though when tombstone park in the Yukon is at its most colourful.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The three of us could tag team, that way we'd finally find out what Omnitheo looks like :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:The three of us could tag team, that way we'd finally find out what Omnitheo looks like :130:

Funny, I was just listening to CBC on my way home, and they were discussing the pub in Eagle River, way the heck up the Dempster highway. It's pretty much a pub in the middle of nowhere in the northern Yukon. It usually gets traffic heading to Inuvik (and now Tuk), and this time of year the river is not passable because it's too icy for the ferry and not icy enough to drive across, so there is nothing going at the pub.

See you two at the pub for a pint.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Hoping the Supreme Court of Canada does the right thing on Friday. I drove the Dempster in 2015 and want to do it again.

https://twitter.com/ProtectPeel
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Supreme Court has ruled against the government, so they can't just unilaterally set aside 70% for mining and hunting without consultation.

The Peel is way up north, and the only community on it is Old Crow. It's the northernmost community in they Yukon and is totally isolated from the rest of the territory. It's the only community with no road access and is also the only dry community in the Yukon. Lots of interesting stuff up there like dinosaur bones.

When you head north, check out the Yukon Beringia Centre in Whitehorse. The Yukon is the only place in Canada that was not glaciated, and that includes Old Crow wayyy up north.

- Douglas Murray
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Actually they ruled against the former Yukon Party CONS, not the present LIBS which had already agreed to work with FN.

http://www.yukon-news.com/news/supreme-court-rules-yukon-government-overstepped-in-peel-watershed-case/

Return to “Canada”