29 Convictions - bail granted

PocoGirl

29 Convictions - bail granted

Post by PocoGirl »

Anyone else smell a pile of crap by the lawyer for the accused, the accused, not to mention the judge? :smt045

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212380
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: 29 Convictions - bail granted

Post by JagXKR »

I've never had a good thought towards Pennington. He is the defender of the criminal and not of society. Number one for him is the lowest sentence possible. Victims or the public be damned.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Saga

Martel..Judge

Post by Saga »

Seems like we have a bleeding heart judge here. Not only gives bail to 29 convicted criminal but wanted to give lighter sentence to shotgun-toting and firing drunken jerk. No wonder we have so SOOOOO much crime in our (used to be) lovely quiet town. :-X :200: :swear:
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

JagXKR wrote:I've never had a good thought towards Pennington. He is the defender of the criminal and not of society. Number one for him is the lowest sentence possible. Victims or the public be damned.

Defence lawyers are the defenders of society.

Not every person accused is guilty as accused and not all the guilty can get a fair trial within the limits of the law.

That is where the defence lawyer comes in.
They ensure your rights as a citizen of a civil and law abiding society even if you have disobeyed the law.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

after 29 convictions no one should have rights , lawyers defending these guys are no better
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

OllyV wrote:Defence lawyers are the defenders of society.

No they are not. The crown is the defender of society. They defend me from the criminals and they are not doing a good enough job. But defense council is, especially for the multi convicted.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

OllyV wrote:
Defence lawyers are the defenders of society.

What are you smoking? Lawyers are in the business of making money period plying their trade like most other folks. Pray tell, what do you call a Gov't funded prosecutor that then becomes a criminal defense lawyer? One day previous, while Gov't employed, they were trying to convict the accused. The next day, self employed, they are trying to keep the accused out of jail.

It's one of the moral dilemma's of the trade and why lawyers are not that popular with most folks until they actually need one.

What's the difference between a dead lawyer and a dead skunk in the middle of the road?
There are skid marks in front of the skunk.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”