There's no such thing as mental illness

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

There's no such thing as mental illness

Post by Glacier »

In summary:
- There's no science to it.
- There's no test whatsoever that can diagnose a mental illness.
- When you have an illness (AIDS, malaria, etc.), and you're given a cure, you get better. With so called mental illness, it has absolutely exploded since drugs have been developed.

Last edited by Glacier on Nov 24th, 2017, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: There's no such thing as mental illness

Post by Queen K »

O h I assure you, spend five minutes with the mentally ill and "no such thing" turns into "there but the grace of God Go I."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

A lot of mental illnesses do have drugs that can help. And like many illnesses, mental or physical, sometimes there are no drugs or cures.

There are a number of tests to diagnose a variety of mental illnesses, and there is plenty of science to it.

I am not in a place where I can view your video, but I can say the doctors I am working with today would see you as a laughingstock for those comments.

Honestly, your post appears incredibly ignorant and just plain incorrect. I’m kinda hoping it is a sarcastic response to the video you are posting.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Omnitheo wrote:A lot of mental illnesses do have drugs that can help. And like many illnesses, mental or physical, sometimes there are no drugs or cures.

There are a number of tests to diagnose a variety of mental illnesses, and there is plenty of science to it.

I am not in a place where I can view your video, but I can say the doctors I am working with today would see you as a laughingstock for those comments.

Honestly, your post appears incredibly ignorant and just plain incorrect. I’m kinda hoping it is a sarcastic response to the video you are posting.

Finding the right ones/combination is by trial & error (Meds). Vast majority of the meds used are actually developed for something else, again trial & error (lets see if this works/helps).
So those with mental illness are essentially human guinea pigs, sad but true.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Omnitheo wrote:Honestly, your post appears incredibly ignorant and just plain incorrect. I’m kinda hoping it is a sarcastic response to the video you are posting.

Glacier did start it off with "In summary:" which I assumed meant that was what the video was all about.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

GordonH wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:A lot of mental illnesses do have drugs that can help. And like many illnesses, mental or physical, sometimes there are no drugs or cures.

Finding the right ones/combination is by trial & error (Meds). Vast majority of the meds used are actually developed for something else, again trial & error (lets see if this works/helps).

And this is true for many non-mental illnesses. Brain chemistry is complex, but findings the right anxiety medication for a patient can be the difference between someone being able to live a normal life, or someone choosing to end theirs.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I skimmed through the video. Did anyone else take a look at it?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

"I know that I am not mentally ill. My Mom had me tested"
Sheldon Cooper
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just look at some of the Castanutters and that should change your mind about no Mental illness.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

GordonH wrote:

Good news - Trial and error no longer required (if you have a group benefits plan)

http://www.personalizedprescribing.com/
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Finding the right ones/combination is by trial & error (Meds). Vast majority of the meds used are actually developed for something else, again trial & error (lets see if this works/helps).

gman313 wrote:Good news - Trial and error no longer required (if you have a group benefits plan)

http://www.personalizedprescribing.com/

The plan does help to find the med/s that best works for an individual. This is were trying a med if it does not work then move on to next med..... so on & so on hence trial & error (until one is found or a combination of meds).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Finding the right ones/combination is by trial & error (Meds). Vast majority of the meds used are actually developed for something else, again trial & error (lets see if this works/helps).

Omnitheo wrote:And this is true for many non-mental illnesses. Brain chemistry is complex, but findings the right anxiety medication for a patient can be the difference between someone being able to live a normal life, or someone choosing to end theirs.

The friends I have are dealing with bipolar or schizophrenia. They told me it was hell finding the meds that helped them.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

AND...it takes at least 6 weeks of trial before the treatment has been diagnosed as an error. These drugs take a long time to have any noticeable effect and the patient may not even be aware of the subtle changes that they may or may not taken notice of.
It may take 4 or more trials @ 6 weeks each to find the right one. Most likely, a patient will become disappointed within that time period and cease further trials. Each trial may produce results that the patient does not like and stop the meds before the brain has had the full effect and become accustomed to the benefits to continue treatment and just return to the last place they remember as feeling okay.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It should be pointed out/added that Stefan does not say that mental illness suffering isn't real, rather, the Big Pharma solutions of using drugs are not how you treat an injury long term. By prescribing drugs, you're not curing the illness, you're basically just adding a nice smelling scent to the sh** house. Ya, you no longer smell the stinky stuff, but your'e not doing any good to actually addressing the source of the problem.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I don't care what Stefan says, he had his head up his <bleep>, if it wasn't for long term meds, Mr. QK's family member would be completely unmanagable and not able to live in a stable home like enviroment with others who also stay on their meds.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”