Legalizing pot is like legalizing murder

vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Legalizing pot is like legalizing murder

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:Lol. Yea its very hypocritical as it didnt need to have meeting with patients. All cops know pots harmless. No cop anywhere has responded to a call for axperson overdosing on pot .thats never happened .

You can chose to defend the hypocrits all you want but the facts have always been in the open

I'm not against legalization, but to claim pot is harmless is not true.[/quote]

Name one person who has died from marijuana, recently 8 people have died from Washington state approved water, marijuana is safer then water.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily ... rIllnesses[/quote]

If you're smoking it, it clearly is not harmless. I'm sorry I don't keep stats on smoking related deaths but I'm pretty sure a quick check would tell you any smoking has risks of cancer...
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

blah blah blah same old prohibitionist reefer madness drivel, hasn't changed much since the 30's.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

techrtr wrote:Name one person who has died from marijuana, recently 8 people have died from Washington state approved water, marijuana is safer then water.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily ... rIllnesses

The water didn't kill someone, it's bacteria in the water. That's like saying marijuana laced with fentanyl killed someone. On another note, pot has been linked to schizophrenia and other disorders. It's hardly harmless.[/quote]

Semantics, the bacteria in the water is what makes it dangerous plus there is many other dangers associated with water. Stop repeating your propagandist nonsense, you probably believe what Senator Anslinger said "Most marijuana smokers are colored people, jazz musicians, and entertainers. Their satanic music is driven by marijuana, and marijuana smoking by white women makes them want to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others. It is a drug that causes insanity, criminality, and death — the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind".

No one believes your lies anymore
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

capleton wrote:No one believes your lies anymore
You need to keep up on the research.

The study confirms the conclusions of earlier research: that cannabis is most likely to produce long-term psychiatric effects in individuals who are most susceptible.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317170.php
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

That shows correlation not causation. How likely were the susceptible people to develop schizophrenia who didn't use cannabis? Also, people with mental illnesses are likely to self medicate. There is nothing conclusive proven in this research.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

vegas1500 wrote:I'm not against legalization, but to claim pot is harmless is not true.

What specifically are the harmful effects? What is the most harmful thing you have ever heard of from a person using marijuana?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Smoking pot can increase your heart rate by as much as two times for up to 3 hours. That’s why some people have a heart attack right after they use marijuana. It can increase bleeding, lower blood pressure, and affect your blood sugar, too.

We don’t yet know if marijuana is linked to higher odds of getting lung cancer. But the process does irritate your lungs -- which is why regular pot smokers are more likely to have an ongoing cough and to have lung-related health problems like chest colds and lung infections.

Other physical effects of marijuana include:

Dizziness
Shallow breathing
Red eyes and dilated pupils
Dry mouth
Increased appetite
Slowed reaction time (If you drive after using marijuana, your risk of being in a car accident more than doubles.)
Full article: https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/add ... -effects#1
JaneD

Post by JaneD »

The whole cannabis causes Schizophrenia thing is so wrong. All that has been proved is correlation as this states https://www.liwts.org/blog/cannabis-schizophrenia-cannabis-cause-schizophrenia/

In regards to then taking this further and saying yes well correlation must mean there's something in it, there is a great quote from Professor Nutt the former UK drugs Tzar. He said that if this correlation was to be proven then we would see an increase in people experiencing Schizophrenia in line with the increase in cannabis use. However, the use of cannabis has gone up drastically since the 1960s and Schizophrenia rates have remained steady.

There are indeed some negatives from using cannabis as there are any substance. The reality is that it's no more dangerous than a Caffeine habit and that is widely accepted with Coffee shops on every corner. I will keep using cannabis and enjoying it's many benefits. Some when they are stressed smoke cigarettes, some have a beer, I hit my vaporizer or eat an edible.

In the meantime if anyone grows or is interested I use this site to save some dollar on my seeds. https://yourweedcoupons.com In the meantime roll on legalization!
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

JLives wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:I'm not against legalization, but to claim pot is harmless is not true.

What specifically are the harmful effects? What is the most harmful thing you have ever heard of from a person using marijuana?

I have a couple of friends who are long time pot smokers. Without getting into details it has clearly "dulled" them in terms of their reactions, thought processes, etc. would it come back if they quit, who knows.... I would also think smoking it for many years increases your risk of certain cancers, just as smoking cigarettes does.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Marijuana use during pregnancy can also harm a baby’s brain development.

We are learning more about the long-term effects of marijuana, and this leads to even more questions as we realize there is a lot we don’t know. What is clear is that some of the long-term effects correspond to heavy use. However, heavy use is difficult to define given the nature and limitations of past studies, the different ways marijuana and its extracts are used, and the shifts in THC concentration in cannabis.

The biggest health risks appear to be in those who start using as teenagers or young adults when their brains are still developing. In youths who use heavily, studies have shown deterioration in their learning and cognitive thinking that persists into adulthood, even after they have stopped using marijuana. There also appears to be a link between marijuana use and certain mental illnesses. Though most marijuana users will not develop dependence and addiction, it is more common in teenage users.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the ... 6081910180
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

JaneD wrote:The whole cannabis causes Schizophrenia thing is so wrong.

Is it? Instead of posting a link to a blog, how about posting the link to the study.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://theprovince.com/news/politics/ke ... 7ae99da58b

Hahaha.

This is why the cons wont win .they dont operate in same universe as rest of us :200:
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

maryjane48 wrote:http://theprovince.com/news/politics/keep-our-great-country-safe-from-all-the-weed-conservative-critic-pleads-in-parliament-poem/wcm/1ee45b48-bd05-4a97-a74a-817ae99da58b

Hahaha.

This is why the cons wont win .they dont operate in same universe as rest of us :200:

Oh wow. Do they realize marijuana is just being regulated and not being brought into existence?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

vegas1500 wrote:
JLives wrote:What specifically are the harmful effects? What is the most harmful thing you have ever heard of from a person using marijuana?

I have a couple of friends who are long time pot smokers. Without getting into details it has clearly "dulled" them in terms of their reactions, thought processes, etc. would it come back if they quit, who knows.... I would also think smoking it for many years increases your risk of certain cancers, just as smoking cigarettes does.

Cool anecdotes and unsubstatiated presumptions bro.

They’ve been long time pot smokers. So you’ve seen their reactions and thought processes dulled over the years. Hate to break it to you, but that’s called getting older. Happens to people who don’t smoke too.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

I think the thing that got the whole thread buzzing is the claim its harmless by someone who clearly is a user.

Its not harmless. It does have long term effects. It should be used in moderation much like alcohol.

Saying its like legalizing murder is dumb.

Return to “Canada”