Sorry but if folks can't afford a hotel cost

LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Sorry but if folks can't afford a hotel cost

Post by LTD »

Omnitheo wrote:Late to the party.

I felt the same about her letter. The best part though was:

My family and I did not work hard to purchase a home in a nice neighborhood to have it become a free for all on our streets.

Sorry Bethany, but perhaps those hosting the airbnb did not work hard to purchase a home in a nice neighbourhood only for some entitled neighbour who can’t mind their own business to tell them who they can and cant have over to their house.

It goes both ways.

having someone "over" and using your home as a hotel in a residential area are two completely different things
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Jflem1983 wrote:It would be none of my business what my neighbor did on his own land.

LOL
By your your use of "would be" rather than "it is" you are clearly not a home or property owner. I guarantee you will feel differently when your $800k investment turns into a $700k or worse because rather than living in the nice neighborhood you bought in you suddenly are living in an extension of Hein Rd because your neighbors have done whatever they want to on their land. Your family (when you get one) may not even feel safe leaving their own home but you can always take solace in remembering "It's none of my business what my neighbors do on their land"
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

cv23 wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:It would be none of my business what my neighbor did on his own land.

LOL
By your your use of "would be" rather than "it is" you are clearly not a home or property owner. I guarantee you will feel differently when your $800k investment turns into a $700k or worse because rather than living in the nice neighborhood you bought in you suddenly are living in an extension of Hein Rd because your neighbors have done whatever they want to on their land. Your family (when you get one) may not even feel safe leaving their own home but you can always take solace in remembering "It's none of my business what my neighbors do on their land"

So true. Ignorant neighbours ruin people's lives.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I can hardly go outside without the stench of the neighbours pot habit. I didn't ask for that to be my part of my lifes work, earning, saving, buying a property.

So yes, ruin. Ruin my Spring, Summer and Fall evenings, afternoons and everything inbetween. Whenver the potheads use.

If I move, there are enourmous costs associated with no guarantee it won't happen elsewhere. I keep hoping they'll move. They have nothing invested in the place except their rent cheques.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Wait till it's legal in 7 months.
You'll be smelling it everywhere.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Air bnb.
Strangers in my home.
Strangers with contagious everythings in my home.
Thieves.
Bedbugs.
Major ick factors.
I don't know why anyone would rent a piece of their home for a day or two to strangers.
Ick.
Major ick.
To me, that's as gross as wandering the halls of a hospital and touching everything.
Ick.
I sometimes hafta wash my hands after reading this forum.
Ick.
Now I have parasites.

If my neighbor air bnbed they'd hafta give me a cut or I'd direct a sonic weapon at them.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Bman wrote:Wait till it's legal in 7 months.
You'll be smelling it everywhere.

Was in vegas a couple of weeks ago..... ow that it's legal we could hardly go anywhere without smelling it.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Bman wrote:Air bnb.
Strangers in my home.
Strangers with contagious everythings in my home.
Thieves.
Bedbugs.
Major ick factors.
I don't know why anyone would rent a piece of their home for a day or two to strangers.
Ick.
Major ick.
To me, that's as gross as wandering the halls of a hospital and touching everything.
Ick.
I sometimes hafta wash my hands after reading this forum.
Ick.
Now I have parasites.

If my neighbor air bnbed they'd hafta give me a cut or I'd direct a sonic weapon at them.

I know what ya mean I want to move after certain people I know come over I cant imagine total strangers :200:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Wait. U want to move after your neighbors have company. Soumds like a personal problem to me
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

no my home don't really have neighbors close enough to bother me :biggrin:
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I'm in the same boat as Bman....ick...

Hopefully agreement is all I caught !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I caught something last time I stayed at Bman's AirBnb Express.

All kidding aside, I've never stayed at an Airbnb, or know that I have one near me. All I can go on is what people say about them on both sides. If I stayed in one and saved significant money, I know I'd have more money to throw around whatever it is to make the trip memorable.

The crux of Hmmm's outrage is that someone is so snobby as to feel like telling others how to spend their money and if they can't afford (or chose not to) a hotel, to stay home. And that's just plain wrong.

Who is she to presume apon other people's money or vacation, or maybe it's not even a vacation, could be other reasons to be here.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

That I do not doubt !

The on site physician is a nice value added bonus though.

I couldn't understand her/him but I though certifiable or something like that
was mentioned.

:topic: "Deleted by Poster"

I truly detest the bag across the street with all the money grubbing schemes and Gov't scams
that we, as a close knit community of neighbours, has to endure for the business ventures
of farming wallets this person has, and continues to do.
Rv's, tents, people living in the garage, illegal suite, foster teen age kids, makeshift half way
house of ne'er do wells, etc.
The latest being the same, just a new name.... Airbnb.
Last edited by dirtybiker on Nov 26th, 2017, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Queen K wrote:I caught something last time I stayed at Bman's AirBnb Express.

You shouldn't have fallen asleep.
The BnB Express is for fancy sleepin, not for regular sleepin.
Ya snooze, ya lose.
Enter your cc # and register for another fun filled overnight frantic frolic of fun.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bman wrote: overnight frantic frolic of fun.

Also known as;
Oh F :cuss: , F :cuss: , O, F :cuss:

Sometimes followed by, What happened ? What have I done ?

Return to “Central Okanagan”