Wrong interpretation?

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Wrong interpretation?

Post by maryjane48 »

http://huffp.st/HBSSVgh

Could it be that some the passages in the bible about same sex have been looked at in the wrong context?
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Wrong interpretation?

Post by Jflem1983 »

Nope.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Nope.

How do you know ? You born in and lived then ? [icon_lol2.gif] id say yes because it makes sense. Its logical for the times. And could shatter lots of folks now whole world . I like it :smt045
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

maryjane48 wrote:http://huffp.st/HBSSVgh

Could it be that some the passages in the bible about same sex have been looked at in the wrong context?

Could it be that people are trying to change history so why not change the bible until it fits your cause.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I doubt that any different interpretation of the context changes what the Bible means to say. Its an own document, so I take it as-is.

That being said, while it likely represented some of the views at the time, I find more success in wholly disregarding the Bible and other religious books in general.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Archeologists have an agenda christopher ? Lol proofs in the discoverys and facts are facts
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

maryjane48 wrote:Archeologists have an agenda christopher ? Lol proofs in the discoverys and facts are facts

To be fair, its not a fact that there's any correlation between the Bible and their theory.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

They dont try to make one . What they say is howxroman life really was and how people lived then . All they are saying is we in more modern era do not understand what wae said in parts of new testament because we didnt live then.

And it makes logic. We think the bible says homosexuality bad but facts are that was perfectly acceptable back then . Its how life was .
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

maryjane48 wrote:They dont try to make one . What they say is howxroman life really was and how people lived then . All they are saying is we in more modern era do not understand what wae said in parts of new testament because we didnt live then.

And it makes logic. We think the bible says homosexuality bad but facts are that was perfectly acceptable back then . Its how life was .

There's many things that were probably well accepted pre-Christianity, and one of the applications of the religious documents at that time was to correct some actions they deemed unfit (Ten Commandments). So it's just as logical to argue that while same sex relationships were commonplace, the Bible was to push what they think are ethics and proper ways to live.

Return to “World”