There's no such thing as mental illness

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: There's no such thing as mental illness

Post by Queen K »

Catsumi wrote:In the Quirks and Quarks Nov 9, 2017 podcast there is a segment entitled Dream Believers featuring a doctor who has interesting theory regarding mental illness and possible cause.

It involves something some of us like to do very much ...daydreaming

I just read this as "Quirks, Quarks and Quacks." :biggrin:

Given the number of times I see "mental illness" being used as a defense I wonder how many criminally accused believe "IF ONLY I could get everyone to believe I was just daydreaming!"

Knowing several with mental illness, I wish daydreaming was it. Unfortunately some aren't functioning with mental illness, everything needs to be structured for them, in homes. I've worked with enough of them.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

QK, may I respectfully suggest you listen to that segment as your interpretation from the title alone is not the correct interpretation of the interview. It takes 5 min.

I have no dog in this thread but thought of you all while I was listening.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, because you asked, I must say though, those whom I know are not daydreaming. The 13 year old who is the daughter of a former beau, was diagnosed with the most severe case of schizophrenia ever in someone so young in BC wasn't either. As I walked with her and listened, she was as ill as anyone.

I will have trouble making it to the 3 minute mark I suspect.

ETA: is there a link? I hafta work at this? :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

just google Quirks and Quarks, Nov. 9, 2017, look at Daydreamers segment

That should bring it up for you.

I thought everyone in N. America tuned into this show. Hope you become a fan too. It's one of the last reasons for cbc to exist.

[icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Social Concerns”