Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Bsuds »

To the crazy drivers out there today you are all "Black Friday Idiots"
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bsuds wrote:To the crazy drivers out there today you are all "Black Friday Idiots"

Was pure craziness today....many forms of it.

Almost get rear ended. Stopped doing my thing in a line of traffic.

Get tailgated...lifted pickup Bubba roars past almost running into my rear end. I'm going at the speed limit. Not fast enough for Bubba?

Get tailgated....crappy SUV Bubba roars past me then takes the same next left turn I'm taking and is still stuck behind traffic. Stupid Bubba.

Stopped at the mailbox. Piece of junk rusting car almost rear ends me. I'm stopped at the mailbox pulled over where I should be, lights on, doing my thing. *bleep* dumb people....

Idiots. Everywhere.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I am glad that I did not go out today.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

First, to the idiot who dropped a bleeping chair out of the back of your vehicle into the inside lane southbound out of Vernon this afternoon, screw you for your carelessness.

But thank you, and apologies from me, to the gentleman in the white pickup with the amber light bar who stayed behind me and stopped to put his lights on after I was stuck/stopped in the inside lane trying to get around this. I initially tried waving you around me thinking you thought I was the idiot for stopping. But you quickly realised what was going on and made it safer for everyone around.

Thanks!
jasonjb

Post by jasonjb »

To the guy in the huge white truck that parks every day along the yellow curb at the Village at Mill Creek retirement home making it dangerous/almost impossible to see if theres traffic coming on Sutherland road for residents who live in the Marry Anne Collison Park area, just a heads up that I'm going to start taking pictures of you parking there and sending them along to Bylaw so they can start ticketing your car since no one from the city seems to patrol that area.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

OMG, PEOPLE!!!!! Coming out from Kelowna just at dark yesterday. Followed 2 vehicles that only had their headlights on!!! Seriously, when you buy a vehicle, BEFORE you drive off the lot, ask the sales person to tell you how to work the headlights!! Just because you can see your lights are on in front, does NOT mean your tail lights are working. It was really bad driving last night with the wind and the rain, and then the idiots driving without proper lights on. CRAZY!!!!
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So on this one I'm calling the CoK idiots & the driver/s foolish.

Yesterday mid afternoon I was heading south on Richter (from the north-end) & noticed a growing lineup at Richter exit at Safeway. All because someone was attempting to turn left out of Safeway at the Richter entrance/exit. I'm surprised the city has not blocked this by now, it is to close to the Bernard & Richter intersection, it's just accident waiting to happen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:So on this one I'm calling the CoK idiots & the driver/s foolish.

Yesterday mid afternoon I was heading south on Richter (from the north-end) & noticed a growing lineup at Richter exit at Safeway. All because someone was attempting to turn left out of Safeway at the Richter entrance/exit. I'm surprised the city has not blocked this by now, it is to close to the Bernard & Richter intersection, it's just accident waiting to happen.

Here is second item:
I've lived in the area now for 30+ years, in that time one would think the CoK would get together with MOT. To synchronize the traffic lights at Leon & Richter with those at Harvey & Richter.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
spooker

Post by spooker »

GordonH wrote:Here is second item:
I've lived in the area now for 30+ years, in that time one would think the CoK would get together with MOT. To synchronize the traffic lights at Leon & Richter with those at Harvey & Richter.

The MOT won't allow a light or crossing to be installed at McCurdy for the Rail Trail, so they redirect the trail to the intersection with Hwy 97 ... claimed that there wasn't enough room for cars to back up before the highway ...

The difference between that section and the one you're talking about ... 40 metres ... and I regularly see traffic back up from Leon to Harvey since the light at Leon often turns red as soon as the light at Harvey goes green to let traffic stream north ...

The uncontrolled left turns off the highway are dangerous ... it's all a crapshoot ...
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I saw a genius today pull this manoeuvre. Not sure if they did it on purpose or were disoriented.

6B16F288-B231-4919-9B66-B1DDDBF74156.jpeg
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

I was driving down from upper KLO road yesterday morning, with some young blonde lady in an SUV driving erratically and nearly tailgating. She zipped past me, over a double yellow line at a near-blind corner, no less. Must have reached a hundred clicks after leaving me in the dust.

Dangerous and stupid!
I am... the law!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Here is second item:

spooker wrote:The MOT won't allow a light or crossing to be installed at McCurdy for the Rail Trail, so they redirect the trail to the intersection with Hwy 97 ... claimed that there wasn't enough room for cars to back up before the highway ...

The difference between that section and the one you're talking about ... 40 metres ... and I regularly see traffic back up from Leon to Harvey since the light at Leon often turns red as soon as the light at Harvey goes green to let traffic stream north ...

The uncontrolled left turns off the highway are dangerous ... it's all a crapshoot ...

Between the lines at on Richter there is 64 Meters, then on McCurdy from stop line to rail tracks 28 meters. For those turning off Hwy 97 onto McCurdy ending west this would be a real f :cuss: up to have lights that close to each (this would only work if both Hwy 97 light & rail crossing light turned together/synced). We know what happens at intersection of Clement & Spall with so many lights in small area. What huge inconvenience to cyclist to go 28 meters to a crossing at McCurdy & Hwy 97.

Meanwhile during evening commute the lights on Richter north of Harvey causes huge cluster f :cuss: , if Harvey & Richter & Leon & Richter were synced it would reduce it a lot.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

TreeGuy wrote:I saw a genius today pull this manoeuvre. Not sure if they did it on purpose or were disoriented.

6B16F288-B231-4919-9B66-B1DDDBF74156.jpeg

Unreal. But not really surprising.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Idiot that blew the STOP sign coming off of OK Centre Rd, onto Glenmore,
Kelowna bound.
Not only did you blow the STOP sign but you caused the 1st of the 3 vehicles that were
right :cuss: there to brake hard,
You then proceeded to speed through the 50k section, then hover around 60k for the
duration of the 80k section.
Then you nearly came to a complete STOP for the GREEN light at the Landfill intersection.

Now the real kicker, once into the 60k zone of Glenmore and the 4 lane divided,
You drive away from the traffic jamb you have created at my estimation of 80-90k's

Newer silver Pathfinder/Forerunner is your chosen weapon.

Yer a true :cuss: Idiot !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
spooker

Post by spooker »

GordonH wrote:Between the lines at on Richter there is 64 Meters, then on McCurdy from stop line to rail tracks 28 meters. For those turning off Hwy 97 onto McCurdy ending west this would be a real f :cuss: up to have lights that close to each (this would only work if both Hwy 97 light & rail crossing light turned together/synced). We know what happens at intersection of Clement & Spall with so many lights in small area. What huge inconvenience to cyclist to go 28 meters to a crossing at McCurdy & Hwy 97.

Meanwhile during evening commute the lights on Richter north of Harvey causes huge cluster f :cuss: , if Harvey & Richter & Leon & Richter were synced it would reduce it a lot.

The suggestion we had for the MOT was to put a set of button activated flashing lights on the trail crossing here ... the road is not wide enough for worry and there is a refuge island in the middle for pedestrians and cyclists crossing McCurdy ... and traffic is never too heavy that anyone using the trail will be stuck for long ...

The inconvenience to trail users to cross at the intersection is not the extra distance ... it's the uncontrolled right turn lanes ... how to teach drivers that trail users are going to be coming from the right as they are looking left ... it's the fact that trail users will have an extra two lanes of traffic to cross instead ... it's that they have to be looking in more directions than just left and right ...

Cyclists and pedestrians are already forced to detour more than cars are, we're not worried about a little more distance ... we'll live longer anyway with more exercise and we're typically not as impatient so our blood pressure isn't as elevated as our driving counterparts ...

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”