Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Queen K »

Posters who start a thread with a single link and don't say ANYTHING about it.
You know who you are.

:-X
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Just guessing, but do you mean those never ending new threads with "0" visitors and/or "1" response?

Seems others have caught on and are passing by quickly. Eyes averted.

:up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I have to click on just to see if the thread headline even matches the actual article. :-X
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Kinda like answering the phone even though caller i.d. indicates "unknown"

You really just want to listen to dead air.

:135:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Illness. Viruses. Bacteria.

I may be turning into a germophobe.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Gomer Pyles who don't know who to drive in the rain and snow.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Glacier wrote:The Gomer Pyles who don't know how to drive in the rain and snow.

Interesting comment, you do know he (the actor) died today ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Queen K wrote:Posters who start a thread with a single link and don't say ANYTHING about it.
You know who you are.

This one really jumped out at me today. Not understanding it at all. One poster started over two dozen topics in the last two days.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:This one really jumped out at me today. Not understanding it at all. One poster started over two dozen topics in the last two days.

Like shooting arrows into the air in hopes that something sticks....

People who pass and feel the need to run the line of grit for a while to make sure they totally rock the passee out !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:Posters who start a thread with a single link and don't say ANYTHING about it.
You know who you are.

That is one of my pet peevies too and do believe I have posted it before. (maybe if we complain more often they will stop or at least slow down?)

Usually it's about a news article I read hours before and I am suspicious they are being paid to post links. lol
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My pet peeve is how upset women get when you give them a thoughtful gift. We had a work gift exchange, and I got the lady at the front desk. She's newly married, so I figured a box of condoms would be the perfect gift. I even went overboard by spending $20 on a massive box when our limit was supposed to be $10.

Well she flipped out when everyone opened their gifts. Come on, lady, it's the thought that counts, and it practical. Bsuds told me that you are the practical type.
Last edited by Glacier on Dec 13th, 2017, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:My pet peeve is how upset women get when you give them a thoughtful gift. We had a work gift exchange, and I got the lady at the front desk. She's newly married, so I figured a box of condoms would be the perfect guest. I even went overboard by spending $20 on a massive box when our limit was supposed to be $10.

Well she flipped out when everyone opened their gifts. Come on, lady, it's the thought that counts, and it practical. Bsuds told me that you are the practical type.

You probably gave her the XS ones and she wanted XL.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

That could be it.

P.S. for all you horrified ladies here, we did not have a gift exchange, nor do we have any ladies at work, even at the front desk.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I thought the opposite from Bsuds. You gave the XL and she knew the truth.
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

she knew the truth.
My pet peeve, that.

The truth and all the consequences and *bleep*. In a world filled with inaction and incompetency how can my lethargy matter more?

Oh right, I get money for the returns. All is good.

Return to “Grab Bag”