Free homes for the homeless....

damama55
Übergod

Re: Free homes for the homeless....

Post by damama55 »

voice of reason wrote:if we are going to give them mobile homes then we should stick them up near nunavut where they wont bother anyone and have no access to drugs and alcohol

NOT at all. I was posting in reply to the above comment made by another poster. Drugs and alcohol abuse are everywhere.
Last edited by damama55 on Nov 28th, 2017, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Yes well thats good you know that . Anyvideas how inuit first. Came across booze or drugs?who introduced them to it ?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 28th, 2017, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

maryjane48 wrote:Yes well thats good you know that . Anyvideas how inuit first. Came across booze or drugs?who introduced them to it ?

No, I don't. I just know that some counselors have gone up there to help folks with their addictions.
RanchLife42

Re: Free homes for the homeless....R.U. kidding?

Post by RanchLife42 »

Why give these more ?, they are already shown they are a useless humans. Sad for some do gooders! But reality; dont feed them! Dont give them money for drugs and alcohol. your feeding the problem, encouraging them. STOP
jma

Post by jma »

The vast majority of homeless people have mental health and/or addiction issues. They deserve compassion and support. Basic housing should be available for all Canadians. It is a disgrace that a country as rich as ours has so many citizens without a roof over their head and adequate food to eat. In case anyone doesn't agree on a humanitarian basis and needs a more selfish reason then remember that every dollar spent on treatment of mental health/addiction problems returns 5 or more dollars to society in saved costs to the medical system, legal system etc. Providing housing is one step in that process. I expect those housing projects will have social workers, addiction and mental health workers involved to help those people turn their lives around.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

I don't donate to panhandlers or beggars as all it does is encourage that behaviour. Instead it is better to donate to an organization that will manage the money or funds more wisely.
damama55
Übergod

Re: Free homes for the homeless....R.U. kidding?

Post by damama55 »

RanchLife42 wrote:Why give these more ?, they are already shown they are a useless humans. Sad for some do gooders! But reality; dont feed them! Dont give them money for drugs and alcohol. your feeding the problem, encouraging them. STOP

THIS COMMENT IS SO SAD TO READ!! It is a hope of mine, that we never get in a position where, for whatever reason, we end up on the streets, no money, nowhere to go, hungry, cold and no safe place to be able to sleep. We need to remember, homeless people are PEOPLE and for whatever reason, they never dreamed they would end up homeless. Some compassion and caring goes a long way in this world. Sometimes our hearts get too hard to really think about the plight of the homeless, some of whom may have fought for our freedoms, then returned home to a life they no longer can adjust to without help. However, our governments don't give them the help they need and they often times end up on the streets, or worse, commit suicide.
Again, we need to open our minds and our hearts to how we can help, not call them useless humans.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Give them jobs and shelter.
Even if the assigned task is basket weaving.
Make the shelter conditional to them continuing to be employed and clean of illegal drugs.
If they refuse to work at an assigned task that's conducive to their physical and mental abilities, turn them loose and don't assist them.

Society is slowly being given up to the lowest common denominator. It's long past time to stop the foolishness and wanton waste of tax funded resources.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bman wrote:Give them jobs and shelter.

Awww, the whole point (for many, not all) is to get stuff without the work.

Oh, and answer to no one.

Their life, their terms, not conforming to nasty ol' society.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and that's the truth for many
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Make the shelter conditional to them continuing to be employed and clean of illegal drugs.
If they refuse to work at an assigned task that's conducive to their physical and mental abilities, turn them loose and don't assist them.

Society is slowly being given up to the lowest common denominator. It's long past time to stop the foolishness and wanton waste of tax funded resources.

how dare you come up with a great simple idea
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I wonder if these free homes are going to come with free sewer, water, electricity, furniture, fridge, stove, cable/internet, laundry, etc..........?
Bring back the LIKE button.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

alanjh595 wrote:I wonder if these free homes are going to come with free sewer, water, electricity, furniture, fridge, stove, cable/internet, laundry, etc..........?

Most of it for sure, not many homeless have their own fridge and stove.
Black Dogs Matter
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

The part you don't get here as that most homeless persons are PRETTY MESSED UP. They can't live like you and I do. Some may have been able to function that way once, but not anymore. They can't do a job for eight or six or four hours. They can't show up on time. They can't be responsible. They can't take orders. They can't follow rules. Understand that, and you understand why they are where they are. Understand that, and you understand why offering help on your terms won't work.

I realize what you suggested is the very most help you'd be willing to give, and I understand that. And I'm not saying there's a better answer, because I'm not sure there is one. But if you think "turn them loose and don't assist them" will make the homeless just disappear, you don't understand the issue well.

Society has a lot of ways for people to help themselves. Some people are simply too broken to take advantage of them. For those, we have agencies that don't try to fix them. They offer compassion and try to ease suffering. Not because the homeless have done something to earn it, but because these agencies feel that all humans deserve that. You're free to disagree with that sentiment, Lord knows many here do.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Central Okanagan”