Cashless society... you in?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Cashless society... you in?

Post by Queen K »

Hassel99 wrote:
Queen K wrote:I dont' agree either. Vehemently disagree.
What next, implants in the hands?

The to keep up Queenie, it's already here. :D

https://news.virginia.edu/content/cool- ... s-are-here

:-X Not impressed. And yes, I vaguely remember seeing this.
I vote CREEPY. Glad I'll be dead by the time this all takes hold.

Hope I'm dead before it all takes hold is more like it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt ... y_changing

How the monetary system and it's very foundations are being challenged and weakened. A very interesting read indeed.

Do we take it for granted that cash is dead when Black Friday raked in BILLIONs on-line? And how many people will be disappointed with what they got and want to mail it back to return? What a freaking hassle.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Bitcoin is now worth approx. $9900 CAD.
Ethereum is now worth approx. $600 CAD.

"Cashless" can be a very good way to convert cash into way way more cash. If you know what you're doing & have a bit of luck, at least. IDK where else I'd have tripled my money in a few months. :up:
Your bias suits you.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

No
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:I like Donald G, stop picking on him. I'm the one who's never sent a text, remember?

Okay, sorry. Won't happen again.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Cash is one of the last freedoms we have left, what I choose to buy and who I choose to buy it from. People are too anxious to surrender their freedoms for convenience and security. Count me out of any cashless society.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thank you! Someone who "gets it."
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

At one time I would totally agree sticking with a cash society, however, in the past few years I have been using my CC (which I always pay off at the end of the month and thereby gain "rewards") for almost everything. Gas, groceries, airline tickets, clothes, etc.

There is the safety factor at play too. Being a dear little old lady flashing a wad will definitely attract unwanted attention. Not only that, I think I go to ATM maybe three times per year now just to get a few $20's as mad money for those places that don't accept CCs.

What bugs me is the surfeit of cards that one winds up carrying, and gawd help you if the lot are stolen or lost. I personally would really like to see the use of retinal recognition systems (already in use in security systems) become the norm. What a boon that would be (although at the loss of privacy which we don't have much left of anyway...cameras). The system could latch together credit, library card numbers, medical, passport, drivers license, insurance coverages, etc. Fraudsters...well, they always find a way but in this very very personal identity, we may get the upper hand.

It certainly would simplify everday life. I have foolishly when in a Brainfog state, left behind a critical card when it was badly needed. I think I said a bad word.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... 9#image=20

#1? Canada

India isn't even mentioned and they went cashless with billions of people.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I don't like standing there like a dummy, while someone observes every item I'm buying at Walmart or grocery stores.

I wonder if some people still pay $1.00 extra to get electricity bills in the mail. That's old fashioned.

Although I never want cash to go away I'm one of those people contributing to the end of cash.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

Few days ago my wallet dropped out of my car as was leaving a local retailers parking lot. I didn’t notice till 3 days later. Panicking, I retraced my steps. Wallet was located, albeit missing about $400. Funny thing is that I wasn’t worried about cash at all, just my cards and the inconvenience and hassle of replacing them. Not to mention the damage that could have been done to me personally, had it fallen into the wrong hands. So considered the $400 a reward.
I personally feel naked if I don’t have a few hundred in my wallet. I’m an opportunist. I buy a lot of things off of classified ads where cash is king!

I’m at a point where I stoped buying services/goods from companies that don’t accept cash. When I was younger, banks were for saving money, now seems like there is a service charge attached for everything.

Can’t even pay my power bill anymore with cash. Hate waiting at a till when there’s a card problem ahead of me. Gas stations that won’t accept 100 or 50 bills when it costs $150 to fill my tank...
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
WendyA777

Post by WendyA777 »

Oh, its coming. It part of the End Times where you cant buy or sell without the Mark of the Beast.....be it on your forehead or hand. Look it up in the Book of Revelations. Best to also look up getting saved in the Book of John (New Testament). You see, society has already been pushing this under the guise of protecting your identity and fraud. But don't be fouled. #wiseup #repent.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Lucky I have the mark of the beast so we'll be ok.
Please don't let Wendy have a gun.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

normaM wrote:Lucky I have the mark of the beast so we'll be ok.

Yes you will be ok while the Beast is ruling....

And if the Bible is true. Then It's the aftermath you'll need to deal with.

(Revelations. 14:9-12)

"If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God . . . . And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night. . . . Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus."

And for us Christians we will lose our heads for not taking the mark...

Revelations 20: 4
And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for [a]a thousand years.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Meh, Jus' another day for NormaM.

Return to “Social Concerns”