NDP targeting criminals guns

FreeRights
Guru

Re: NDP targeting criminals guns

Post by FreeRights »

Rwede wrote:Do you have your PAL or RPAL?

Both. I practice regularly, but mostly as a hobby.

I've served with the CF, so I've trained with and used a variety of prohibited firearms in the past.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

FreeRights wrote:

I've served with the CF, so I've trained with and used a variety of prohibited firearms in the past.

No such thing as having both. You either have a PAL or an RPAL.

People with firearms training would know that.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

FreeRights wrote:

Thank you for your service
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Rwede wrote:No such thing as having both. You either have a PAL or an RPAL.

https://www.canadianfirearmsinstitute.ca/how-do-i-get-a-firearms-license-in-canada/

You'll find that while a PAL and an RPAL are on one physical card, they're considered two different licenses through the Government of Canada. So you're right, people with firearms licenses would know that.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

FreeRights wrote:

https://www.canadianfirearmsinstitute.ca/how-do-i-get-a-firearms-license-in-canada/

You'll find that while a PAL and an RPAL are on one physical card, they're considered two different licenses through the Government of Canada. So you're right, people with firearms licenses would know that.

Nothing on that site confirms your assertion, which is incorrect. Google failed you.

People either have a PAL to buy and possess non-restricted firearms, or an RPAL that allows them PAL privileges plus restricted firearms.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Rwede wrote:Nothing on that site confirms your assertion, which is incorrect. Google failed you.

People either have a PAL to buy and possess non-restricted firearms, or an RPAL that allows them PAL privileges plus restricted firearms.

The first step in the process is to take a Firearms Safety Course. The course(s) you take are dictated by the licences you are intending to apply for. There are two different licenses that you can apply for, a PAL and an RPAL.

The first licence is called a Possession Acquisition License (PAL) and is a basic firearms license which allows you to buy and possess the types of firearms primarily used for hunting purposes. For example, Rifles and shotguns.

The second licence is called a Restricted Possession Acquisition License (RPAL), this type of license allows you to buy and possess any type of firearm that is permitted by law for sporting or hunting purposes in Canada. For example, pistols and some semiautomatic rifles require a RPAL. You must take the PAL course before taking the RPAL course. Many instructors will offer them one after another on over a weekend.

PAL is an acronym for Possession and Acquisition License. A Non-Restricted PAL will allow the license holder to both possess and acquire both firearms and ammunition. Since 1995, this has been the main, basic gun license in Canada. It is sometimes referred to as an NR PAL.

RPAL stands for Restricted PAL, an upgraded license class including handguns that are not otherwise prohibited, as well as short-barrel rifles and shotguns, and other firearms specified by the Criminal Code Regulations.

https://rgsl.ca/faq-items/whats-the-difference-between-a-pal-and-a-pol/

So while we're playing a game that's entirely semantics, it's fairly clear to me that it's not quite as cut and dried as you seem to think. Now do you have the link that specifically discounts what I've posted and states that there is only one license?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

This is why i have distanced myself from the NFA. And the CCFR. There is too much infighting amongst gun owners. More need to be working together to raise money for legal challenges to our crooked gun laws. However both those groups just bicker at one another or amongst themselves. Nothing really changes for the better and our rights are not being fought for. The NRA does a much better job of having one voice. Getting it heard and getting bad laws tossed out.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

That's correct. People hold one or the other, not both. All that aside, Horgan is blathering to the urban bed wetters, and nothing he is talking about will reduce crime. The actual risk is that his attack on legitimate firearms owners will result in an increase in criminal activity.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:More good moves to lessen gun crimes

What move?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

This is actually part of much larger effort that the BC Libs put together. http://fraservalleynewsnetwork.com/2016/09/07/b-c-s-guns-and-gangs-strategy-five-month-report-card/

Farnworth and the NDP usurpers will indeed try to take credit, especially seeing as they had no plan of their own.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

This is something the useless Feds should be doing, instead of making the law abiding citizens pay - aka - rebirth of the "Gun Registry" as opposed to simply making offending people accountable for misuse of guns.

Victimizing the law abiding does not stop criminals, rather, it helps them continue to perpetrate their crimes with less risk to themselves.

Who needs a billion dollar a year gun registry anyway, simply BAN ownership, importation and manufacture of guns, and only allow explosives to be used in highly regulated industry. Cheap and easy, and you keep the people disarmed and under government control. Crooks will still get them regardless, so let's save some bucks while they keep stripping away our rights, eh?

Want to hunt? use a bow and arrow or spear - it's much more sporting and at least the animal has a chance to live a little longer.

By the way, the word LIBERAL should be changed to COMMIE - because they believe the only one's that should have freedom and democracy are themselves.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!

Return to “B.C.”