West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

Wave101
Fledgling

West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

Post by Wave101 »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-212696-101-.htm#212696

I for one am not surprised. The police force in West Kelowna has always been understaffed. With the new vagrant shelters opening up there was bound to be more crime.

How can we fight this? We are at the mercy of the impotent police and the all powerful shelter/safe injection lobby.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

Post by Jflem1983 »

Wave101 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-212696-101-.htm#212696

I for one am not surprised. The police force in West Kelowna has always been understaffed. With the new vagrant shelters opening up there was bound to be more crime.

How can we fight this? We are at the mercy of the impotent police and the all powerful shelter/safe injection lobby.

This is gonna be good :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Whatever you do....don't try and stop the thieves yourself.
The law wants you to passively sit by and allow your possessions
to be stolen and your family to be assaulted.

I bet Kristopher Teichrieb had wished he would have just let his stuff get stolen/vandalized.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
adionline

Post by adionline »

Leifer wrote:Whatever you do....don't try and stop the thieves yourself.
The law wants you to passively sit by and allow your possessions
to be stolen and your family to be assaulted.

I bet Kristopher Teichrieb had wished he would have just let his stuff get stolen/vandalized.

You're going to use an example where a fully grown man chased a teen down a street and smashed his head in with a baseball bat and left him brain dead? Those pesky teenager thieves running away with all our valuables. :138:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

This is from penticton. But its a good read.

Penticton household’s effort to prevent theft in their backyard was foiled last week.

Residents of a townhouse complex on Orchard Ave. installed a security light in the parking area of the back lane of the complex, but the light didn’t last long.

“They had been having some problems there with transients in the area and they discovered their new security light had been stolen off the back fence,” said Cpl. Ted Manchulenko.

“In an attempt to install a new motion light on a taller pole, the owner put up a small step ladder, he then ran into the house to grab some tools and came back to find his ladder gone.”

“He got hit twice.”

The ladder was stolen on Nov. 23, said police. An investigation continues.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

You're going to use an example where a fully grown man chased a teen down a street and smashed his head in with a baseball bat and left him brain dead? Those pesky teenager thieves running away with all our valuables

Using that example.
We don't really know what happened 4am that morning. Why would a family man with a thriving business and no criminal record suddenly decide to attack this 18 year old with a bat.

- Maybe his household had suffered several previous thefts?
- Maybe he had his tools needed to make a living stolen several times before?
- Maybe this 18 year old assaulted Mr. Teichrieb when he interrupted him vandalizing his property?
- Maybe Mr. Teichrieb was thinking about Michael Forry (beaten into a coma by a 15 year old in Kamloops a couple of years before) and decided to come out swinging?

It will all come out in court.

2)
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

homeless junkies need to steal to buy there drugs, you can thank the soft on crime leftwingers for this problem,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
adionline

Post by adionline »

Leifer wrote:
You're going to use an example where a fully grown man chased a teen down a street and smashed his head in with a baseball bat and left him brain dead? Those pesky teenager thieves running away with all our valuables

Using that example.
We don't really know what happened 4am that morning. Why would a family man with a thriving business and no criminal record suddenly decide to attack this 18 year old with a bat.

- Maybe his household had suffered several previous thefts?
- Maybe he had his tools needed to make a living stolen several times before?
- Maybe this 18 year old assaulted Mr. Teichrieb when he interrupted him vandalizing his property?
- Maybe Mr. Teichrieb was thinking about Michael Forry (beaten into a coma by a 15 year old in Kamloops a couple of years before) and decided to come out swinging?

It will all come out in court.

- Maybe you should do some more research.

The kid was 5 foot nothing and weighed about 130 pounds. The guy who batted him in the head outsized him by a significant margin and didn't even need a bat to subdue him. The kid was running away and nowhere near his property when Teichrieb batted him in the head putting him into a coma, which he admitted to. The kid had no weapon on him and was drunk trying to make his way to a friends house when Teichrieb found him standing in his driveway (emphasis on standing) and decided that he should bat first and ask questions later.

Even assuming the worst about this kid, you think it's okay to run after a fleeing teenager half your size and crack him in the skull with a bat? That's what a coward would do. Last but not least, Teichrieb has cameras installed on his property so I expect this POS to get jail time for attempted murder, which this was.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Maybe you should do some more research.

The kid was 5 foot nothing and weighed about 130 pounds. The guy who batted him in the head outsized him by a significant margin and didn't even need a bat to subdue him. The kid was running away and nowhere near his property when Teichrieb batted him in the head putting him into a coma, which he admitted to. The kid had no weapon on him and was drunk trying to make his way to a friends house when Teichrieb found him standing in his driveway (emphasis on standing) and decided that he should bat first and ask questions later.

Even assuming the worst about this kid, you think it's okay to run after a fleeing teenager half your size and crack him in the skull with a bat? That's what a coward would do. Last but not least, Teichrieb has cameras installed on his property so I expect this *bleep* to get jail time for attempted murder, which this was.

Well the above information changes my outlook on this case considerably.
If everything you posted above is true....I would imagine Chris is headed off to jail for a while.

A question though.
Where did this information come from? Are you RCMP in Kamloops? Or maybe a crown atourney? Defense council?
How did you come by this information? The case has not been tried yet.

2)
adionline

Post by adionline »

I'm none of those things, however, I have read dozens of articles, followed the comments and looked at all the presented details and it paints a bleak picture for the man currently sitting in jail awaiting his trial. Police aren't going to put a man in jail if there wasn't overwhelming evidence to begin with.

But lets take a step back and look at what we know for sure.

1) There were two people involved. A short, small framed, skinny teenager and a 40 year old man around 6ft, 200lbs+
2) The teenager was at a graduation party that night and was drinking
3) The teenager was not armed (no weapon was found) and was fleeing when he was hit in the skull
4) The teenager was nowhere near the property at the time of the physical confrontation
5) The teenager was hit so hard in the head with a bat that he was put into comma and has needed medical care since. He suffered three open skull fractures which suggests he was hit more than once or, alternatively, hit so hard that he lost consciousness and smacked his head against the pavement causing multiple fractures.

Oh, and since Mr.Bat was put in prison he has managed to catch a charge. He was accused of counselling another inmate to commit assault at Surrey Pretrial Centre. That shows the type of person we're dealing with.

Look, everyone has the right to defend themselves and their property but that's not what happened here. Not only do all the details point to this teenager simply standing in the mans driveway (not actually stealing or vandalising) but even if we were to believe he was there to steal or vandalise, at what point is bashing a kid in the head with a bat acceptable, outside of that kid becoming a threat to your life?

I'm not sure I can link stuff in this forum or post pictures but the information is all out there. Google this case and read up on it. I have and I was fully on-board giving the benefit of the doubt to Mr.Bat but after reading the story from multiple sources on what allegedly happened, I cannot see where this little kid ever posed any real threat justifying a skull bashing that he received.

All that said, he deserves his day in court but from the sounds of it this will simply be a formality at this point. The real question how much punishment does the justice system dish out to a man who is willing to bash a fleeing teen in the head with a bat?
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

West Kelowna police take a page out of Kelowna RCMP "Please do not leave valuables at home, this is the only way to reduce theft".
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Security lights prolly just help the buggers - lighting their way making it easy to see to break into vehicles, etc.
And since we aren't to be all ready to do a Billy Jack if you going to have a bat for home/car protection good idea to have a mitt as well in the hallway/trunk
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Better yet......have fire extinguishers located conveniently throughout the house or car. It works two different ways other than the intended purpose.
The contents can be expelled with force over a distance directly to the face, causing shock and temporary confusion. That will give you enough time to approach and use the empty cylinder as a bat.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 29th, 2017, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

People need to lock their valuables up if they are so valuable. People leaving money, purses, electronics, and garage door openers are inviting thieves to rip them off. My favourite is those that load their quads or sleds in the truck and leave them overnight and then are surprised when it’s gone in the morning. Put a club on it and if it is a trailer put a wheel lock or hitch lock on it.

In short protect your stuff.

Oops, am I victim blaming?

Return to “Central Okanagan”