Pets OK BC reaches 10000 in petition

LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Pets OK BC reaches 10000 in petition

Post by LTD »

Leifer wrote:
You can't deny tenancy to a family with children, so why shouldn't the same human rights should apply to those with pets as family members?

Because...as much as we love our pets....they are *not* people.
If it comes down to it....I would kill and feed my beloved dogs to starving people to keep them alive.
The opposite...is unthinkable.

not me I would let them starve my doggies are more important to me :heart:
canteloupe

Post by canteloupe »

Leifer wrote:
You can't deny tenancy to a family with children, so why shouldn't the same human rights should apply to those with pets as family members?

Because...as much as we love our pets....they are *not* people.
If it comes down to it....I would kill and feed my beloved dogs to starving people to keep them alive.
The opposite...is unthinkable.

Wow, that's just.... Savage
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Wow, that's just.... Savage

Perhaps.
It is an extreme scenario I used to highlight the difference between pets and people.
Sorry if I offended.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

canteloupe wrote:A pet deposit can be equal to a damage deposit and should cover the cleaning of flooring as that is usually the only issue if any.
Bunk - guess you've never seen a dog chew through drywall and having to rip up baseboards and lino.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

canteloupe wrote:so I wish people would stop stereotyping pet owners as irresponsible and grow up
Hmmm - people who don't wish to rent to pet owners should grow up? Think those that want their property to remain in one piece without having to redo for every renter (which happens) have grown up and some have given up.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

canteloupe wrote:A pet deposit can be equal to a damage deposit and should cover the cleaning of flooring as that is usually the only issue if any.
Fancy wrote:Bunk - guess you've never seen a dog chew through drywall and having to rip up baseboards and lino.

I have known of a person whose dogs chewed up kitchen cupboards, baseboards, and casings, and this was in a heritage style home, where there is no 'replacing' bits and pieces without doing the whole thing, or at the very least having replacement materials custom-milled---not cheap.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Heres a question... Sorry if its been asked already but I skipped a few pages as the general conversation seemed to be escalating at an extreme rate.

I am a landlord and rent a basement suite and just so happens I have a pet allergy... Does this mean I have to suffer and allow pets in "my house", yes I say my house as the last time I checked I was the one who raised a down payment, applied and paid for a mortgage, and paid maintenance and upkeep on the home. So with all that said why am I suddenly responsible for housing a family with a pet?
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I'm a lover of dogs and cats, but I don't think anyone should be compelled to rent to someone with pets.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “B.C.”