Spandex alert!!

Home of the traffic rant.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Spandex alert!!

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Spooker is more part of the solution, not part of the problem..
The other poster.. pot stirring..

Hundreds of places licensed bikes , including Ktown, Vernon and Penticton.. I have proof. . About 400 bicycle plates for probably at least 60 or more places.
I will say this, Kelowna has already tried it.. and they may be a big part of the reason they are not doing it now..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Spooker is more part of the solution, not part of the problem..
The other poster.. pot stirring..

Hundreds of places licensed bikes , including Ktown, Vernon and Penticton.. I have proof. . About 400 bicycle plates for probably at least 60 or more places.
I will say this, Kelowna has already tried it.. and they may be a big part of the reason they are not doing it now..

Hey, are you talking about the same Spooker who didn't choose a Ford F-350 diesel, it chose him to carry his bicycles around?
Ya, he's part of the solution alright.

I like pot stirring instead, it got you going too :biggrin:
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

spooker wrote:
I've tried ... I've partially completed my certification to be a CAN-BIKE instructor ... just waiting on another chance to do my practicum

Sadly the attitude of society is that cycling isn't a serious subject, just something that kids do ... even tried to work with driving schools to get students cycling experience as part of the licensing program but while many people see the usefullness, the schools nor ICBC are willing to put it into the curriculum ... just like people who have their licenses think they don't need continuing education to stay up-to-date with infrastructure, people think they know all there is about cycling ...

And the number of times I get flipped off or told to f-off when I try to strike up conversations with idiots is too numerous to count (both in cars and on bikes) ... for now, I try to keep myself safe when cycling and watch out for others when I drive ...

No, just getting told in second grade how to ride won't stay with anyone ... it needs to be part of everyday life, not just forgotten when we get our driver's license ...

It's your own fault, you came to a GTG now we know what you look like.
Black Dogs Matter
spooker

Post by spooker »

dogspoiler wrote:
spooker wrote:
I've tried ... I've partially completed my certification to be a CAN-BIKE instructor ... just waiting on another chance to do my practicum

Sadly the attitude of society is that cycling isn't a serious subject, just something that kids do ... even tried to work with driving schools to get students cycling experience as part of the licensing program but while many people see the usefullness, the schools nor ICBC are willing to put it into the curriculum ... just like people who have their licenses think they don't need continuing education to stay up-to-date with infrastructure, people think they know all there is about cycling ...

And the number of times I get flipped off or told to f-off when I try to strike up conversations with idiots is too numerous to count (both in cars and on bikes) ... for now, I try to keep myself safe when cycling and watch out for others when I drive ...

No, just getting told in second grade how to ride won't stay with anyone ... it needs to be part of everyday life, not just forgotten when we get our driver's license ...

It's your own fault, you came to a GTG now we know what you look like.

But you have to read the rest of that sentence to connect it with your statement ... "strike up conversations with idiots" :up:
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

pot stirring :biggrin:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bring back the LIKE button.
spooker

Post by spooker »

alanjh595 wrote:https://globalnews.ca/video/3880904/caught-on-video-altercation-with-vancouver-cyclist

That was what cr125 started his latest pot stirring with last week ... check out the bottom of two pages previous
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

You tell em Spooker :D
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Well after dark Finley rd and 97, person on bike dressed in complete camo
ready for jungle warfare.

The eyes caught some light otherwise never would have even noticed.

All reflectors removed from the all dark bike, not even the sprockets or wheels had refection.

Sometimes one is safer to not be seen when riding accordingly.

This just looked way too, shall I say, suspicious.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

And they are back and not much has changed, still ride 3 - 4 aside and don't want to move for vehicles.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I'll be joining the fun soon too, just need a tune up.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Bubalouie wrote:And they are back and not much has changed, still ride 3 - 4 aside and don't want to move for vehicles.

Some of us never stopped ... but I don't start getting into group rides until more of the roads are swept ... that will hopefully be mid-May ... my spandex is washed and ready!
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

...and a nice reinforced glove for adjusting people's mirrors when they don't use them.

:-X
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Think I'll get a long stick to poke at those of you who refuse to obey the rules of the road, like you are supposed to.
No wonder there isn't any respect for most of you.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Even Steven wrote:...and a nice reinforced glove for adjusting people's mirrors when they don't use them.

:-X

i think i would be careful about whose mirror i adjust might end up being a bad day for ya

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”