BC is now worst destination for O&G investment due to NDP

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: BC is now worst destination for O&G investment due to ND

Post by Cactusflower »

B.C. is not a 'one-trick pony', and neither is AB since Rachel Notley took over and diversified her energy portfolio. However, CAPP would like nothing more than to bring AB back to one-trick pony status, and our previous government was just fine to let BC follow them down that path. Why? Large party donations talk. If you check the BC Liberal past donations list, you'll find CAPP at or near the top.

I'm confident that the BC NDP will diversify just as the AB NDP have.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Cactusflower wrote:B.C. is not a 'one-trick pony', and neither is AB since Rachel Notley took over and diversified her energy portfolio. However, CAPP would like nothing more than to bring AB back to one-trick pony status, and our previous government was just fine to let BC follow them down that path. Why? Large party donations talk. If you check the BC Liberal past donations list, you'll find CAPP at or near the top.

Lol. Diversify. All notley has done is grown government. If thats diversified. I dont want it
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:B.C. is not a 'one-trick pony', and neither is AB since Rachel Notley took over and diversified her energy portfolio. However, CAPP would like nothing more than to bring AB back to one-trick pony status, and our previous government was just fine to let BC follow them down that path. Why? Large party donations talk. If you check the BC Liberal past donations list, you'll find CAPP at or near the top.

Lol. Diversify. All notley has done is grown government. If thats diversified. I dont want it

Certainly is an NDP penchant. The BC NDP of the 1990s killed mining and other investments, grew the size of government. BUT as always, ran constant and large deficits. Given that most of the current BC NDP power players are holdovers from that bunch of incompetents, why expect anything else?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:

LOL - more kool-aid from the lunatic NDP fringe. The NDP can't diversify anything. What they need to do is fall as a government as quickly as possible for the benefit of every single person in BC.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Jflem1983 wrote:

https://www.alberta.ca/climate-leadership-plan.aspx
Is this not diversification?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:

By screwing over taxpayers with a stupid carbon tax? That's not diversification, that's just criminal.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

By screwing over taxpayers with a stupid carbon tax? That's not diversification, that's just criminal.

It's unfortunate that you didn't read the whole link. You wouldn't be setting your hair on fire and running around screaming 'Carbon tax!" if you had.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Alberta NDP plans, yup they actually have one, might have a chance to succeed if the incompetent and phony BC NDP weren't getting in their way. But then the BC NDP have a well deserved reputation as having No Dang Plan. Although this time they did have a secret one - to rip the BC taxpayers off to pay for their incompetently run bankrupt party and its debts.

Of course that means the reins are being held by the financially incompetent BC NDP, so the province will get trashed just like 1990s. Then the next government will be hamstrung by the mess the BC NDP create. Isn't taking them long. Scaring off investments. Reviewing the heck out of everything because "the dog ate my homework". Putting obviously incompetent ministers in place.

2017 is already sliding, and the BC NDP are headed heck bent down the track of "Noooo" to driving the province into the ditch - again!
Last edited by hobbyguy on Nov 29th, 2017, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 29th, 2017, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

gordon_as wrote:I don't suppose that this has anything to do with the bottom falling out of the LNG pipedream that the previous government was counting on to make us all millionaires.

The BC LNG pipe dream will be going South to the gulf via Trans Canada pipe line.
http://business.financialpost.com/commo ... ng-exports
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
It's unfortunate that you didn't read the whole link.

I did. It's just propaganda to support the idiotic position that people should be taxed for using gasoline in their cars and heating their houses with natural gas, and that tax that is stupidly charged for no reason should then be used to pour into disgusting scams like wind turbines and solar panels, which aren't "green" at all, and generate almost no power. This isn't "diversification", it's ripping off the poor and the middle class to support unsustainable hairy fairy leftist nonsense. It's criminal, and awful. These people should be put in jail.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

I've always thought that a small dose of NDP government once every 16-20 years or so is a good thing just to remind everyone of how much worse things can always get.

Apparently I will have to rethink that notion now seeing just how much damage they have been able to do in such a short period of time when they don't even have a mandate to govern.

Can only imagine how much damage Grinning Johnny would be doing if he had actually won the election.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It isn't just O&G investment that the NDP party of "Nooo" is affecting. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/site-c-will-be-a-strategic-asset-in-fight-against-climate-change/article37122067/

"Greg D'Avignon is president and chief executive officer of the Business Council of B.C.

Is walking away from Site C really in the best interests of British Columbia's future?

Considering the evidence, including the recent BC Utilities Commission (BCUC) report, we think not. B.C.'s anticipated economic and population growth, and the associated electricity demand as we accelerate into the digital age and a lower-carbon future, leave us no choice but to advance Site C. If we don't, we risk our reputation as a place to invest and will add to the uncertainty that is already hampering business investment in some sectors. We are not alone in this view. Support for Site C has also been expressed by other business groups, many First Nations and some union leaders, including the BC Building Trades Council."

The uncertainty alone of the BC NDP ("the dog ate my homework") of "reviewing" everything is already dampening investment, and therefore job creation. Add to that their myopic and anti-science attack on the TMX which is destroying the slim chances of the NDP in Alberta.

I feel bad for construction workers in BC. They are in for a rough go. That will spin off to suppliers, truckers etc. who all get part of their livelihoods from servicing construction. That spins down to very broad sectors of the economy, and will leave the only vibrant sector as NDP cronies serving on expensive taxpayer funded quangos and "studies".

The BC NDP as usual, have no dang plan, except to fill their personal wallets and their bankrupt party's coffers with taxpayer money.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

hobbyguy wrote:Greg D'Avignon is president and chief executive officer of the Business Council of B.C.Is walking away from Site C really in the best interests of British Columbia's future?Considering the evidence, including the recent BC Utilities Commission (BCUC) report, we think not. B.C.'s anticipated economic and population growth, and the associated electricity demand as we accelerate into the digital age and a lower-carbon future, leave us no choice but to advance Site C. If we don't, we risk our reputation as a place to invest and will add to the uncertainty that is already hampering business investment in some sectors. We are not alone in this view. Support for Site C has also been expressed by other business groups, many First Nations and some union leaders, including the BC Building Trades Council."

Unfortunately, the small little ad-hawk group the NDG put together to have a 15 minute presentation to cabinet, I don't believe will have any with logic... I suspect most will push their agenda to have the government buy and sign up a bunch of expensive, to the taxpayer, windy or solar nonsense. As Vaughn Palmer mentioned last week this is "more of an anti Site C group".
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

seewood wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:Greg D'Avignon is president and chief executive officer of the Business Council of B.C.Is walking away from Site C really in the best interests of British Columbia's future?Considering the evidence, including the recent BC Utilities Commission (BCUC) report, we think not. B.C.'s anticipated economic and population growth, and the associated electricity demand as we accelerate into the digital age and a lower-carbon future, leave us no choice but to advance Site C. If we don't, we risk our reputation as a place to invest and will add to the uncertainty that is already hampering business investment in some sectors. We are not alone in this view. Support for Site C has also been expressed by other business groups, many First Nations and some union leaders, including the BC Building Trades Council."

Unfortunately, the small little ad-hawk group the NDG put together to have a 15 minute presentation to cabinet, I don't believe will have any with logic... I suspect most will push their agenda to have the government buy and sign up a bunch of expensive, to the taxpayer, windy or solar nonsense. As Vaughn Palmer mentioned last week this is "more of an anti Site C group".

This has become a game of whack-a-mole. No sooner has one Site C topic been terminated than the hydroelectric project pops up again on another thread.

Return to “B.C.”