Bali and Go-fund me

soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Bali and Go-fund me

Post by soupy »

Link: https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212817

It is unfortunate to be stuck while on vacation. These people were lucky enough to be given some free accommodation while they await a flight out.

So why do they need to be funded ?? No mention of travel insurance ??

I am sick of people using fund-me sites to collect money for setbacks in which they did not prepare themselves for.

Since I really don't like paying for contents insurance every year at my house, will anyone just donate to my go-fund me if my items are stolen or destroyed ??
mistyone

Re: Bali and Go-fund me

Post by mistyone »

I agree 100%

Most of the go fund me I have seen is for unprepared persons who somehow think it is up to the rest of society to bail them out.
I call it

Go F me.

These folks are fortunate to be able to take such a trip ( I have not) and have already been looked after to a great degree by a compassionate fellow human....but naw...that's not enough...lets see what else we can get for free.

Sickening .
edgar

Post by edgar »

I agree if you can go for a holiday out of the country and you don't prepare for the what happens and it does maybe you should have not gone in the first place and the go fund me seems to have become a way for people to collect money for there stupid mistakes and then expect the general public to feel sorry
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

soupy wrote:Link: https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212817

It is unfortunate to be stuck while on vacation. These people were lucky enough to be given some free accommodation while they await a flight out.

So why do they need to be funded ?? No mention of travel insurance ??

I am sick of people using fund-me sites to collect money for setbacks in which they did not prepare themselves for.

Since I really don't like paying for contents insurance every year at my house, will anyone just donate to my go-fund me if my items are stolen or destroyed ??

Why on earth would someone travel without travel insurance?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Insurance
Insurance
Insurance
Insurance

Oh, did I mention, INSURANCE?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I agree the go fund me page is ridiculous. :cuss: happens sometimes, you can't always expect everyone else to bail you out.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

So if i understand the article correctly, they are staying in free accommodation thnaks to a nice guy...they could afford to go there in the first place, so what's the account for?

So tired of people not owning their own :cuss: issues and problems. Hope that page gets $0.00 in funds!
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

You don't want to help out? Don't donate then.

You want to help out somebody in the bind? Donate then.

Easy peasy.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Even Steven wrote:You don't want to help out? Don't donate then.

Easy peasy.

Problem is they knew the volcano had chance to blow and went anyways. I have freind from kelowna went to bali also and knew months ahead of time it could blow as she told me before she went . She went and left before getting stranded and it did not. cost anyone but her :130:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Between earthquakes & active volcanoes in that entire region, maybe time to rethink vacation destinations. Does not mean it will happen, just something to think about though.
oh a reminder, don't travel without travel insurance
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Even Steven wrote:You don't want to help out? Don't donate then.

Easy peasy.

I won't.....and I am entitled to voice my opinion since they made a public plea for help. Thanks for the tip though. :up:
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

who travels with a 1 year old child that's not a vacation yuck
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

When my mom got sick. One of her co workers. Satrted a go fund me for her. It raised 6k in a few weeks. It was amazing.

A terminal cancer diagnosis will bring out some sympathy i suppose.

The fact someone on vacation in bali. Would start this for their own benefit. Is disgusting. Stories like this will only detract from the odd person who really could use a leg up.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
deeball

Post by deeball »

We've been planning to go to Bali for over a year now and had to change our destination because of the volcano. I am sure they knew about the risks but now want people to bail them out. Unfortunately GoFundMe is turning into a modern day panhandling site for the entitled.

And what is wrong with traveling with kids?? Been doing it now for 5 years! Would you rather just stay at home?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Moochers have crawled out of the woodwork looking for suckers to fund all manner of causes, some of which totally bog the mind of anyone from my generation.

One that I recall as I thought it was ridiculous was some character looking for others to fund his grandiose wedding.

First of all I've never subscribed to extravagant weddings in the first place, and second if he can't afford such a wedding, all it takes is a trip to a justice of the peace, and wham bam done deal for about the price of a steak dinner.

Just imagine what expectations, the offspring of these champagne taste, but beer budget, partnerships are going to have. :200:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Central Okanagan”