BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agree?

aks3n

BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agree?

Post by aks3n »

Source:
https://globalnews.ca/video/3888726/bc- ... in-kelowna

They are going to be putting in housing for the homeless in Kelowna on Enterprise by Leathead.
I do not have an issue with homeless people, however, business owners in that area were not notified. Nor were the residential community across the highway thru to Ben Lee Park.
There was/is constant issues already in that business area with break-ins and vandalism.
There were dog walkers and trail walkers getting robbed by homeless people on the trail by the creek along Enterprise rd.

Whats going to happen now? Businesses are just going to get more security patrols? So, where are they homeless people going to start roaming? Towards our homes and residential community's in Rutland?

We already have enough issues in this area with car break-ins, theft from properties, among many other things.
What do we do now? Pay extra for home security/cameras? Extra private security patrols?

Just my humble opinion/discussion.

Whats your take on this? How does this make you feel?

PS. Again, I'm not in anyway against homeless people, they need a place to live, but what about the bad apples (sort of speaking) that will effect all of us in this area and can't protect our homes because we are at work during the day, or (now) worrying at night if their is a higher risk of property theft.

I'm only posting this because this got approved, and from what I understand, was not discussed with the community?
bjsilent
Board Meister

Re: BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agr

Post by bjsilent »

aks3n wrote:Source:
https://globalnews.ca/video/3888726/bc- ... in-kelowna

They are going to be putting in housing for the homeless in Kelowna on Enterprise by Leathead.
I do not have an issue with homeless people, however, business owners in that area were not notified. Nor were the residential community across the highway thru to Ben Lee Park.
There was/is constant issues already in that business area with break-ins and vandalism.
There were dog walkers and trail walkers getting robbed by homeless people on the trail by the creek along Enterprise rd.

Whats going to happen now? Businesses are just going to get more security patrols? So, where are they homeless people going to start roaming? Towards our homes and residential community's in Rutland?

We already have enough issues in this area with car break-ins, theft from properties, among many other things.
What do we do now? Pay extra for home security/cameras? Extra private security patrols?

Just my humble opinion/discussion.

Whats your take on this? How does this make you feel?

PS. Again, I'm not in anyway against homeless people, they need a place to live, but what about the bad apples (sort of speaking) that will effect all of us in this area and can't protect our homes because we are at work during the day, or (now) worrying at night if their is a higher risk of property theft.

I'm only posting this because this got approved, and from what I understand, was not discussed with the community?

There will be another one just up the road from there at a old motel that they are renovating for the homeless as well
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Is it the old grouse river building ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Vacant lot behind the Audi dealer and Speedpro Signs.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

why not use the field beside scandia? there is already a tent town in the back by the creek.the city is bound and determined to destroy the lethead and mc curdy road area.pretty soon it is going to be one big long hein road
aks3n

Post by aks3n »

Jflem1983 wrote:Is it the old grouse river building ?

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

What kind of money does one make managing a place like this. Seems there is huge demand for this service. Government tends to pay well and get precious little for results. Just curios. Anyone have any numbers ? Id look it up but that doesnt fit with the theme of lazy homeless people.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Jflem1983 wrote:What kind of money does one make managing a place like this.

They might have something against hiring people with checkered past ;)
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

This is just the beginning. as time goes by more and more people are going to be homeless, and its not just going to be your stereotypical homeless person. its going to be your everyday average joe/jane who just can't afford to pay rent, cover bills, and feed themselves anymore. we've already seen so many storeys in the news. the cost of living is getting way out of hand. Just wish someone could put a lid on it
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

If you can work, if you can walk, if you can talk there is no reason for you to be homeless, unless you have mental health issues. You do what it takes to keep a roof over your head, that is how I was raised, do what it takes by any means to keep a full belly and a roof over your head.
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

aks3n wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Is it the old grouse river building ?

That is currently Elite Auto And Kelowna Chrysler.
Its the empty lot on commerce behind Audi
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
aks3n

Post by aks3n »

stevemic wrote:That is currently Elite Auto And Kelowna Chrysler.
Its the empty lot on commerce behind Audi

Your right, my mistake. I apologize. Thanks for correcting me.
Here is the correct area...
Last edited by aks3n on Nov 30th, 2017, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:If you can work, if you can walk, if you can talk there is no reason for you to be homeless, unless you have mental health issues. You do what it takes to keep a roof over your head, that is how I was raised, do what it takes by any means to keep a full belly and a roof over your head.

You're right, but remember that "what it took" when you were raised is a full time job. Now with housing prices in Kelowna and Vancouver, one full time job at even above minimum wage is often not enough.

So really, people now are expected often to do far more than you were raised to for a roof over their heads and food.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Thanks for posting this, I seldom watch local news.
So they going to run shuttle buses since they warehousing people - no services out there.
The reason solutions can't be found is that we are clumping too many into the " homeless" label.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

update. looks like the old A&B sound building will open immediately.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#213028
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”