New Pool Vernon

sab30

New Pool Vernon

Post by sab30 »

Yes compared to other communities we could use an up to date aquatic centre. The larger problem is the low lifes, drug addicted losers that hang out there. Im not sure what goes on in the "Sauna" but there are some absolute "beauties" coming and going. Im not sure why a grown man feels the need to sin on a chair outside the sauna and watch kids swim lessons??? Ya exactly. Watch your kids CLOSE when you go here....they refuse to address the situation.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... out-a-pool
Last edited by ferri on Nov 30th, 2017, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link added
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: New Pool Vernon

Post by Gixxer »

Dawn Tucker sounds like a buffoon.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Is it only Dawn Tucker wondering about a new pool or how many other people really do want to pay for a new pool when there already is one.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Actually, we do need a new one fairly soon. I'm expecting a post on here about how we have a couple of good lakes in the area and the kids should all swim there. Kind of like the posts a few years ago before the Multi-plex/KalTire Place was built and somebody suggested putting a bubble over the end of Swan Lake every winter.

The preverts hanging out at the pool requires removal of the preverts. It's not a reason to not build a new pool.
Vernon not only requires the new pool, but it also needs a modern museum building. And a police station. And an art gallery. Get 'em built, one every couple of years and keep the building trades busy. Taxes? Sure the couch potato cranks will *bleep* and moan, but a city needs these things. And the aging buildings require replacement.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

What is the reasoning for a new pool? Is the old one broken?

Are people driving to other cities to use their pools because ours is “outdated”?

What would make the pool more up to date?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
angelaheidt

Post by angelaheidt »

I can speak from personal experience (and those of family/friends) that a bigger pool is needed (or at least really wanted).

1) Local summer swim clubs that want to have "maintenance" practices over the rest of the year can't rent lanes. Primary reason is all lane rentals already taken up by Masters/Kokanees/Synchro, etc. so only times available families can't go. So, missed opportunity for revenue (plus some of those summer swimmers might have eventually transitioned to Kokanees Swim Club as they improved).
2) People wanted to swim laps/train find it frustrating that there's only a few lanes during peak times, so they can't swim at their level (get stuck behind slower people or get run over by fast people). My kids would also like to swim laps during their off season but they don't want to impede adults/are intimidated.
3) Families wanting to take children don't because it's insanely busy during peak times, so kids either don't get to use certain facilities or have to wait an extended period of time (ie diving board, slide, rope swing) while hot tub is so full no one wants to go in it.
4) Public swims during the week are held before/after lessons (so really early afternoon or after 7pm). Not sure about others, buy my kids go to school and typically head to bed around 8, so a public swim after 7 doesn't really work. Larger facility would allow a public swim at the same time as lessons.
5) Not enough parking most of the time.

I typically choose to drive my kids to H20 than visit Vernon pool. As soon as Lumby pool is open I'd rather take them there as well. Much like Civic Arena, the pool building is aging and soon it will cost more to maintain than to build new.

My two cents! I haven't been in a while so some of the above may no longer apply, in which case I will happily reconsider giving it another try.
sab30

Post by sab30 »

Dont go unless you want to see a bunch of middle aged "freaks" suddenly show up during kids swim lessons. I complained once and suggested to close it during kids lessons as its clear why they are here. She replied that they like to come have a "tub" after work.

First...these mutants dont work. Second i just bet if there are no kids around they will stop coming...hmmm weird. Last...what grown loser shows up by himself after work to sit on a plastic chair and stare at kids.

Cant believe they allow it to continue.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I do not live in Vernon, yet after reading some of these threads and posts I have to ask what the hell is in the water some of you people drink? Seriously folks? Not every person is out to do something wrong.
slimebucket

Post by slimebucket »

"I do not live in Vernon, yet after reading some of these threads and posts I have to ask what the hell is in the water some of you people drink? Seriously folks? Not every person is out to do something wrong."

you said so yourself, you dont live in vernon so you cannot understand. Yes, in vernon, EVERYONE is out to do something selfish, morally wrong, drink, drugs, stare at kids. Only reason someone would live in that town is if they have some UNMORAL hobby they need to get off on that is NOT ACCEPTABLE ANYWHERE else.

People without issues leave vernon ASAP, so the only people left are those with serious issues. don't believe me? seriously go there for a weekend and spend time in the parks, downtown, and really take it all in

Even the people that judge the "mutant homeless" are horrible selfish people. Women on welfare jsut because working is hard, women who have kids JUST TO get welfare money, people with excessive drinking and drug issues, the most selfish people you have ever seen. Stores close randomly every day because they too selfish to pay workers and or deal with Vernonites. Everyone trying to scam, salesmen who rip people off, workers who don't do their jobs, its like everyone in vernon has a SELFISHNESS disease.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

slimebucket wrote:"I do not live in Vernon, yet after reading some of these threads and posts I have to ask what the hell is in the water some of you people drink? Seriously folks? Not every person is out to do something wrong."

you said so yourself, you dont live in vernon so you cannot understand. Yes, in vernon, EVERYONE is out to do something selfish, morally wrong, drink, drugs, stare at kids. Only reason someone would live in that town is if they have some UNMORAL hobby they need to get off on that is NOT ACCEPTABLE ANYWHERE else.

People without issues leave vernon ASAP, so the only people left are those with serious issues. don't believe me? seriously go there for a weekend and spend time in the parks, downtown, and really take it all in

Even the people that judge the "mutant homeless" are horrible selfish people. Women on welfare jsut because working is hard, women who have kids JUST TO get welfare money, people with excessive drinking and drug issues, the most selfish people you have ever seen. Stores close randomly every day because they too selfish to pay workers and or deal with Vernonites. Everyone trying to scam, salesmen who rip people off, workers who don't do their jobs, its like everyone in vernon has a SELFISHNESS disease.

Enjoy Calgary - buh bye :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

We also go to the H2O in Kelowna more than the pool in Vernon. There is simply more to do at the H2O. I would be all for a new pool. I also think we should build the Art Gallery and Museum and I'm glad we build the Oval, new Arena and Rail trail. Of all the waste spent on tax dollars for salaries etc., recreation and the arts are a no brainer in my opinion. Some people want nothing built and nothing to change. I would probably never use the Art Gallery or Museum but there are probably a lot of people who would never use the pool, ice arena or rail trail.

Return to “North Okanagan”