Ottawa wants panel to resolve conflicts

Cactusflower
Banned

Ottawa wants panel to resolve conflicts

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kinder- ... -1.4426078

I wonder who they're going to pick for the panel chairperson........CAPP's CEO?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ottawa wants panel to resolve conflicts

Post by maryjane48 »

Actualy cactus i think the feds dont want the pipeline go through as they could just force it on us.i see it more of making it harder to point transmountain will give up .

I could be wrong. But its a possibilty
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kinder-morgan-conflict-resolution-1.4426078

I wonder who they're going to pick for the panel chairperson........CAPP's CEO?

Let's hope so. Then this pipeline can get built and all of the enviro-lunatics that want to destroy the economy can move to Venezuela.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Lets see what actualy happens cactus .funny its just me and you in this thread.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 30th, 2017, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

maryjane48 wrote:Lets see what actualy happens cactus .funny its just me and you in this thread.

You and me and GB. [icon_lol2.gif]
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Pipe line companies are busy sending BC natural gas down to the new LNG plants in the gulf they will get back on this after thats done.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

christopher wrote:Pipe line companies are busy sending BC natural gas down to the new LNG plants in the gulf they will get back on this after thats done.

Thats fine . Im not against lng just building plants in salmon estuarys
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

maryjane48 wrote:Actualy cactus i think the feds dont want the pipeline go through as they could just force it on us.i see it more of making it harder to point transmountain will give up .

I could be wrong. But its a possibilty

I agree with you mj; if the Feds truly supported this project they could (and should) simply override all the local and provincial objections.

By trying to "play both sides of the fence" they risk losing the support of everyone on all sides of this argument. It's time Trudeau comes clean and stands up for what he believes in, instead of lying to everybody about what his true intentions are.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Looks to me like the feds are too gutless to force the issue so they appoint a 'panel' to do the dressing down for them, thus not offending anyone because in this kinder, gentler and all inclusive Canada we now have that just won't do. Pipeline will be built, no question. Tree huggers, stomp your feet all you like but it won't help.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

I have always said JT picked this pipeline to go ahead because he thought BC would stop it. I do think if it is stopped it will fuel the Western Separatist, Many here will say who cares, go pound sand, empty threats etc. But I belive that this pipeline has more riding on it then people think.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Actually, this makes some sense. The NEB as the approval body is too close to the issue. The federal Cabinet made the ultimate approval decision.

Having an "arm's length" dispute resolution and compliance panel seems quite reasonable.

Jim Carr is doing the BC NDP and Derek Corrigan a big favor by heading in this direction. It provides them a way out of their stupidity. Will they be bright enough to accept that way out? We'll see. In demovictions Derek's case - I doubt it.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I disagree HG; at the end of the day "the buck stops" with the Federal Government. The final decision is theirs, as it should be.

This is no longer a decision based on facts, but one based on politics and emotion. Which means it has to be elected officials who decide, not government appointed panels.

Whichever way Trudeau jumps, as PM he needs to be accountable for the decision made. Not simply try passing the buck to someone else.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “B.C.”