Health care changes

Cactusflower
Banned

Health care changes

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/212998 ... re-changes

A step in the right direction to be sure, but I'd also like to see pharmacare addressed. Next time Trudeau ventures out to the West Coast for a photo shoot on the beach at Tofino, I wish Adrian would hand him a towel and demand a conversation about how he plans to deal with Big Pharma.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Health care changes

Post by the truth »

wait time 10 hours, safe to say the same od'ing junkies every day day after day are the reason for this
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

It's safe to say the same people who don't get their flu shots and go to emergency rooms when they get sick also contribute to the reason for this.

See what I did there?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:wait time 10 hours, safe to say the same od'ing junkies every day day after day are the reason for this

Wrong again.just took grandaughter to emerg yesterday for banging her head .no ods or junkies to be seen but there was lots folks with colds :smt045
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Our Emergency rooms are often full of people who aren't "emergencys" at all; merely people who either don't have a family doctor, or people who are far too quick to go to emergency for every little thing that ails them.

I've often thought that if doctors were more prone to telling those in the latter category that they really shouldn't have come, that it might help reduce the numbers. But, for whatever reason, doctors seem reluctant to do that. I suspect it might be to do with liability, if they were ever to reprimand somebody who later wound up dying because they failed to attend an emergency room when they should have (because of the doctor's reprimand on the previous visit).

Charging a small fee is another possible solution; but that begs the question about what happens to those who can't afford it.

Another issue is people who ARE real emergencies, getting stuck in emerg for an overly long time because there are no available beds in the main hospital. Often this is because many hospital beds are full of elderly chronic care patients who cannot be transferred out because there are no chronic care beds available.

Acute care beds cost a lot more to operate than chronic care beds, so keeping chronic care patients in acute care hospitals for indefinite periods is a HUGE waste of our health care dollars, yet Government after Government fails to resolve this issue.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jonrox wrote:It's safe to say the same people who don't get their flu shots and go to emergency rooms when they get sick also contribute to the reason for this.

See what I did there?

yes i did, fyi they- the people with the flu- are not the same people showing up every day, day after day at the emergency room the junkies are,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The study’s findings are based on more than 11.2 million reported emergency department visits in 2016-2017. The study said the top 10 causes of ER visits across Canada were abdominal pain, throat or chest pain, respiratory infections, back pain, disorders of the urinary system, open wounds and bacterial infections.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cheknew ... 93072/amp/

Facts vs truths made up delusions :smt045

Can you back up your insinuations truth ?
I just backed mine up :130:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:A step in the right direction to be sure,

B.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix has signalled big changes may be ahead for the province's health-care system.

The Canadian Institute for Health Information found emergency department wait times in B.C. are up to 10 hours, two hours longer than the national average. B.C. patients are also hospitalized longer, on average.

Dix says patients often have no choice but to go to the ER because walk-in clinics and doctors’ offices don’t have the capacity.

The long waits are a significant problem, he said.

“We have to address it in emergency rooms, in primary care and in the community in order to ensure the appropriate patient flow, and it's obviously a priority for the government," Dix told CTV.

Residents are “going to see a difference soon," he added.

Dix said he'd like to see “team-based care” in which doctors would work with nurse practitioners, nurses and pharmacists so that patients can see whoever is best suited to their needs.
Dix saying he'd like to see "team-based care" isn't exactly stating what the big changes and difference is going to be.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:A step in the right direction to be sure,

B.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix has signalled big changes may be ahead for the province's health-care system.

The Canadian Institute for Health Information found emergency department wait times in B.C. are up to 10 hours, two hours longer than the national average. B.C. patients are also hospitalized longer, on average.

Dix says patients often have no choice but to go to the ER because walk-in clinics and doctors’ offices don’t have the capacity.

The long waits are a significant problem, he said.

“We have to address it in emergency rooms, in primary care and in the community in order to ensure the appropriate patient flow, and it's obviously a priority for the government," Dix told CTV.

Residents are “going to see a difference soon," he added.

Dix said he'd like to see “team-based care” in which doctors would work with nurse practitioners, nurses and pharmacists so that patients can see whoever is best suited to their needs.
Dix saying he'd like to see "team-based care" isn't exactly stating what the big changes and difference is going to be.

I think some of he changes are already happening. My chronically ill neighbour fell and had to be taken to the hosp by ambulance. No broken bones, thank goodness, but when he got there it was discovered he had a chest infection. He was put on antibiotics immediately and spent only a few days in hosp. When he arrived home, the home care staff were immediately dispatched and he has been getting excellent care at home ever since. This is how our health care system is supposed to work. If a chronically ill patient is able to stay in his/her home and be taken care of by nurses within the home care system, it frees up hospital beds for critically ll folks.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

maryjane48 wrote:Can you back up your insinuations truth ?
I just backed mine up :130:

He can't. All he can do is whine about drug addicts and drug dealers.

But thetruth has never been someone to actually let facts get in the way of what he sees as the truth. He doesn't believe in numbers, statistics, science, or math... so there's very little point debating this with him. He'll just fall back on his druggie argument regardless of the data you show him.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://globalnews.ca/news/3510558/insi ... se-crisis/ correct junkies are part of the problem
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:https://globalnews.ca/news/3510558/inside-st-pauls-er-the-front-line-of-b-c-s-overdose-crisis/ correct junkies are part of the problem

Lol my mom worked there. As it says in your link its where most od get sent .you havnt proved anything but ignorance on the issue :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://glbn.ca/WYeDb4

Ndp announce od responce centre for vgh
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

With all the OD headlines takes heat off the government from all the patients waiting for surgeries i.e wait times. Which no one in any of the Provinces has actually addressed.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH wrote:With all the OD headlines takes heat off the government from all the patients waiting for surgeries i.e wait times. Which no one in any of the Provinces has actually addressed.

Because of no action or plan from former govts on the drug issue this is the reality now . It will take time for things to sort out but the long game is. Less people taking hard drugs there for less of them in the medical system taking space ect ect from other health issues . Need to walk before you can run :130:

Return to “B.C.”