Bc cons take ndp side

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Bc cons take ndp side

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.campbellrivermirror.com/news ... -comments/

Interim BC Conservative Party Leader Scott Anderson of Vernon is condemning the BC Liberal party’s use of the term “illegitimate government” in reference to B.C.’s governing NDP.
Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Bc cons take ndp side

Post by Cactusflower »

Well, we know from comments on that other thread, "Coleman exposes himself as an idiot", that Coleman is the ultimate sore loser, and it doesn't surprise me in the least that Kyllo is the same. In fact, the whole BCLP party is a gaggle of sore losers, as they have proven time and time again on QP this fall.

I think Mr. Anderson's article will be well-received by the more sensible BCLP supporters in the Okanagan, and we may even see a few of the old BCLP guard fall next time. The majority of the Okanagan electorate hates the NDP but will vote for a Con candidate if they think there's a chance of him winning a seat. After all, the BC Liberals are actually Cons in Lib clothing anyway.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:Well, we know from comments on that other thread, "Coleman exposes himself as an idiot", that Coleman is the ultimate sore loser, and it doesn't surprise me in the least that Kyllo is the same. In fact, the whole BCLP party is a gaggle of sore losers, as they have proven time and time again on QP this fall.

It would seem as though some people never watched QP, nor read these forums, during the 16yrs the NDP were in opposition.

Just say'n............
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 4th, 2017, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Like it or not, the NDG is a contravention of Canadian parliamentary convention, and the Green party who enabled lied to the voters in saying that they would support the party with the most seats.

It was and is a sleazy backroom deal, and part of that is the lie that the Greens pushed out during the election. Many who would have voted Liberal voted Green to send a message to the Liberals, feeling that their vote for the Greens was NOT a vote for the stinky NDP incompetents.

That makes the Green vote, at least in part, illegitimate, and therefore the NDG as whole illegitimate. 1 seat, that's all, 1 seat, and the NDG would not have had the chance to form their axis of nonsense.

Only the wearers of orange tinfoil hats choose not to see that. This not a legitimate government. The governments of Dave Barrett, Mike Harcourt, and Glen Clark were legitimate governments. Funny thing, none of those governments tried to steal taxpayer money to pay for an incompetently run and bankrupt political party. This NDG axis of nonsense is doing that, and revealing their true colours in doing so, they stole governance, and are now stealing taxpayer money to enrich their thieving butts, and then trying skew our democracy with a rigged PR referendum.

There is absolutely nothing legitimate about that, and the usurpers should indeed be characterized as illegitimate.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

hobbyguy wrote:Like it or not, the NDG is a contravention of Canadian parliamentary convention, and the Green party who enabled lied to the voters in saying that they would support the party with the most seats.

It was and is a sleazy backroom deal, and part of that is the lie that the Greens pushed out during the election. Many who would have voted Liberal voted Green to send a message to the Liberals, feeling that their vote for the Greens was NOT a vote for the stinky NDP incompetents.

That makes the Green vote, at least in part, illegitimate, and therefore the NDG as whole illegitimate. 1 seat, that's all, 1 seat, and the NDG would not have had the chance to form their axis of nonsense.

Only the wearers of orange tinfoil hats choose not to see that. This not a legitimate government. The governments of Dave Barrett, Mike Harcourt, and Glen Clark were legitimate governments. Funny thing, none of those governments tried to steal taxpayer money to pay for an incompetently run and bankrupt political party. This NDG axis of nonsense is doing that, and revealing their true colours in doing so, they stole governance, and are now stealing taxpayer money to enrich their thieving butts, and then trying skew our democracy with a rigged PR referendum.

There is absolutely nothing legitimate about that, and the usurpers should indeed be characterized as illegitimate.

Yes, you've made it perfectly clear how you feel about the NDP (and now the Green Party) .........ad nauseam, ever since the last election. I think that most readers can see those comments for what they are; just another sour grapes, sore loser rant. I shouldn't even be offering up a reply but I feel compelled to say this: Not everyone who voted Green in the last election did so to send a message to the BCLP; some of them likely did so to send a message to both the BCLP and the NDP. Chew on that for awhile, HG.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ Yup, perhaps about 1/3 were "message senders" that would have otherwise voted Liberal - given the number of very close seats that the NDP won, could have easily swung one seat toward the Liberals.

If you recall, during the election I personally promoted the Greens as a much better alternative to the NDP. I almost voted for them, but felt their opposition to site C was entirely wrong, so figured on waiting until the following election. No chance now, because Andrew lied and now a vote for the Greens = a vote for the NDP.

There is no way to call the current government legitimate as that factor is there, and they did not win the election.

And of course the goofy little Conservative Party wants to support the NDG. PR will give them exactly what they want. The Conservatives will gather together every racist, anti-immigrant and misogynist knuckle dragger they can find (folk who rarely vote because no current party will touch their "beliefs") and take enough "party list" seats under PR to get taxpayer funding to spread their garbage on the taxpayer dime!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Verum wrote:[
Classic whataboutery, here's a link:
]

Classicly perfected by the NDP.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

hobbyguy wrote:^^ Yup, perhaps about 1/3 were "message senders" that would have otherwise voted Liberal - given the number of very close seats that the NDP won, could have easily swung one seat toward the Liberals.

If you recall, during the election I personally promoted the Greens as a much better alternative to the NDP. I almost voted for them, but felt their opposition to site C was entirely wrong, so figured on waiting until the following election. No chance now, because Andrew lied and now a vote for the Greens = a vote for the NDP.

There is no way to call the current government legitimate as that factor is there, and they did not win the election.

And of course the goofy little Conservative Party wants to support the NDG. PR will give them exactly what they want. The Conservatives will gather together every racist, anti-immigrant and misogynist knuckle dragger they can find (folk who rarely vote because no current party will touch their "beliefs") and take enough "party list" seats under PR to get taxpayer funding to spread their garbage on the taxpayer dime!

Nope, I'll bet there were as many former NDP voters who voted Green in the last election as former BCLP voters. Go through the ridings and look at the numbers, HG. It seems obvious to me that there were a lot of voters who were sick and tired of both the NDP and the BCLP and wanted to see change, even if it was just the election of a minority government.

Yes, I do recall you promoting the Greens as a better alternative to the NDP, but I don't recall you suggesting that they were a better alternative to the BCLP, which is what you appear to think happened at the polling stations.

And no, the fledgling BC Conservative party isn't supporting the NDP/Greens, IMO. One candidate called the BCLP out for sore loser statements that will only hurt them down the road. Remember when the BCLP was afraid they were going to lose the 2013 election and tried to get the BC Cons to join forces with them (before Christy came out with her big LNG windfall campaign, that is)? Well, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that merger didn't take place before the next election, somewhere around the time when the BCLP has done some polling within the party. This time they may not be able to pull another rabbit out of the hat and will have to sweeten the pot. Perhaps they will even (gasp!) agree to be called the BC Conservatives. [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “B.C.”