NDP. To make roads safer

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

NDP. To make roads safer

Post by maryjane48 »

Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth announced the new system Thursday, to replace the touch-screen computer test called DriveABLE that many seniors found complicated and stressful.

While bclibs we running around china doing nothing about at risk drivers people got injured or death. Ndp will introduce rules for retesting to keep british columbians safe :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: NDP. To make roads safer

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth announced the new system Thursday, to replace the touch-screen computer test called DriveABLE that many seniors found complicated and stressful.

While bclibs we running around china doing nothing about at risk drivers people got injured or death. Ndp will introduce rules for retesting to keep british columbians safe :130:

Yes, it's important to make our roads safe right now as so many more British Columbians will soon be driving to the welfare office to pick up their cheques.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Im hoping they make it mandatory at some point . And with self driving cars coming needing a dl wont matter .

Anyways great to see farnsworth making bc roads more safe for rest of us around them :130:
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Until it is made mandatory nothing will change
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

They should bring back annual, mandatory, vehicle inspections, from a government inspection depot, before insurance will be granted or ownership transfer allowed.
Bring back the LIKE button.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

This is actually a really minor rejig of a long standing process that only affects about 1,000 drivers per year. https://www.e-know.ca/regions/east-kootenay/new-era-aims-improve-road-safety/

As usual MJ tries to make a big deal out of a nothingburger to coo at the NDP.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nothing but theatre, much like airport security.

If the NDP really wanted to make a difference - start from the beginning. Mandatory driver's training for all. Give driver training schools a rating depending on their student failure/success rate. Mandatory vehicle safety inspections every 2 years for all non-commercial vehicles.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Agree. And ditch the N L program to replace it with mandatory driving lessons. Lots of speeders carry an N on the back of their vehicle as I have noticed over and over again.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

casey60 wrote:Agree. And ditch the N L program to replace it with mandatory driving lessons. Lots of speeders carry an N on the back of their vehicle as I have noticed over and over again.

Surprisingly seems to be more young Gals than Guys too. That I see speed past me anyway.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “B.C.”