Pot shops operating without business licenses...

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Pot shops operating without business licenses...

Post by JLives »

alanjh595 wrote:
Agreed, what guarantee that this "medication" is not laced with Fentanyl?

Is this a real question? Nobody is lacing marijuana with Fentanyl. They're complete opposites. Cocaine, yes and users are asking for it.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

JLives wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:

Is this a real question? Nobody is lacing marijuana with Fentanyl. They're complete opposites. Cocaine, yes and users are asking for it.

I did see a report on Seattle TV News not so long ago about fentanyl being found in many street drugs and, among others, they named cocaine, marijuana, heroin & ecstasy. They wanted to get it out there because so many people thought street pot was ok. I also read a letter to Castanet I think it was a while back from a paramedic who also said that many were not aware that some marijuana had been found laced with fentanyl. Anyone else remember seeing these reports/letter?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

A good friend of mine is a harm reduction worker in the Okanagan. There have been zero cases of Fentanyl in marijuana. There are no good reasons to do it in the first place. Think about it.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

JLives wrote:A good friend of mine is a harm reduction worker in the Okanagan. There have been zero cases of Fentanyl in marijuana. There are no good reasons to do it in the first place. Think about it.

Sorry, don't do drugs or know much about them so my "thinking" about what good reason there would be for putting fentanyl into marijuana isn't going to do me much good! I did read the article and the letter though so got it from 2 different sources - one being a paramedic so I kind of figured he would know at least more than me - I cannot prove or disprove what the article or letter said (which was why I asked the question whether anyone else had read them).
heycarmelina

Post by heycarmelina »

Why does everyone gotta act like marijuna is this horrible drug? I buy mine from a dispensary in West Kelowna. I also happen to personally know the people who grow and sell it. There is no fentanyl in the pot I buy. How would these people profit from their business if they killed all their customers? Also it would be very suspicious if like 90% of Westbanks dispensary users all of a sudden up and died... The growers use natural pesticides and have there feeding regiment down. Also the girl who bakes the edibles uses organic ingredients. Never have I seen fentanyl anywhere near the marijuana. I use edibles daily to help me sleep. I honestly don't see what the big deal is with people medicating themselves how they choose. It can't be worse than oxy, dilaudid, morphine or any other pharmaceutical that's out there. No one's ever died from a hit of a joint. I haven't "overdosed" on my cookie.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

heycarmelina wrote:Why does everyone gotta act like marijuna is this horrible drug? I buy mine from a dispensary in West Kelowna. I also happen to personally know the people who grow and sell it. There is no fentanyl in the pot I buy. How would these people profit from their business if they killed all their customers? Also it would be very suspicious if like 90% of Westbanks dispensary users all of a sudden up and died... The growers use natural pesticides and have there feeding regiment down. Also the girl who bakes the edibles uses organic ingredients. Never have I seen fentanyl anywhere near the marijuana. I use edibles daily to help me sleep. I honestly don't see what the big deal is with people medicating themselves how they choose. It can't be worse than oxy, dilaudid, morphine or any other pharmaceutical that's out there. No one's ever died from a hit of a joint. I haven't "overdosed" on my cookie.

I think we got a little off topic here. I don't really see anyone on here saying anything about marijuana being bad for you. I don't think it's bad at all (except the smell :thumbsdown: - really hope someone can come up with something to change that!). To my way of thinking it's the same as someone choosing to have a drink socially, or to relax after a hard day. EXCEPT RIGHT NOW, pot is still illegal to sell and being sold by some stores without a business license, or with a business license that has been yanked because it was somehow issued by the City when it shouldn't have been. It is beyond me how that could have happened but a few were.

My only point on this thread was that if a business (any business) is operating without a business license, that is illegal and they need to be shut down until they are issued a business license (even the ones that were given the license IN ERROR - now that the City has recognized the error of its ways and yanked them).

Fentanyl however is WAY BAD...so there was some discussion here that questioned whether pot was ever laced with Fentanyl (which would in turn make the good pot a BAD thing)...some have said yes it has in some cases, some are saying no, never. So we are at a stand-off on that subject for now.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

JLives wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:

... if true, more proof users aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer due to their addictions and all the more reason to get more rehabs built. No one in their right mind would ask for a drug they know will quite possibly, no make that probably, kill them.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Pot shops operating without business licenses... <---Topic :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

First of all...anyone who has ever had a business licence knows that it is simply an annual tax.

It is simple to get just by filling out the form and paying your cash. Most businesses that operate without an obvious store front never bother with one.

Second...if you are caught operating without one, say you're sorry to the nice government pinhead inspector, say you forgot and pay for a business licence.

Third...if your business is illegal, you will not get a business licence. How simple can that be? Are you too stoned to understand that?

I don't know how medicine* dealers think they are somehow legitimate storefront businesses while selling an illegal product.

Oh yeah. And if you sell medicine* laced with fentynal to someone and they die...you go to jail. Consider that a business risk and ask yourself if it is worth it.

* nearly all of what you sell is not sold as "medicine"...you know it, I know it and everyone reading this knows it. So just drop it and call it what it is. It's dope...good name.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

their illegal. they are not medical professionals they have no right to exsist
tylerdaniels
Fledgling

Post by tylerdaniels »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 5th, 2017, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/213266/B-C-s-pot-plan-unveiled
The wholesale distribution will be run by the BC Liquor Distribution Branch, while the retail side of things will be handled by both public and private stores.

I applaud the BC Government on this decision. This is the best way to control legalized marijuana. If you want to open a store you will likely have to apply to BCLCB the same way liquor vendors have to.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

alanjh595 wrote:
Fancy wrote:How is the medicine safely regulated?

Zero guarantee. In God we trust.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Fancy wrote:How is the medicine safely regulated?

alanjh595 wrote:Agreed, what guarantee that this "medication" is not laced with Fentanyl?

Jflem1983 wrote:Zero guarantee. In God we trust.

All others are cash and carry. No more "fronting" or credit.
Bring back the LIKE button.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Prohibitive regulations should only apply to dangerous products/businesses. Dispensaries do no harm. Bars/liquor stores cause far more harm.

Return to “Central Okanagan”