maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Jobless rate at historic low

Post by maryjane48 »

christopher
Board Meister

Re: Jobless rate at historic low

Post by christopher »

maryjane48 wrote:http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12/01/canadas-unemployment-rate-plunges-to-lowest-in-nearly-a-decade_a_23294064/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage

:130:

Must be more fast food outlets being built
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

christopher wrote:Must be more fast food outlets being built

Or their EI benefits ran out & they are no longer in the system.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Everywhere we go we see "We are Hiring" signs.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

christopher wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12/01/canadas-unemployment-rate-plunges-to-lowest-in-nearly-a-decade_a_23294064/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage

:130:

Must be more fast food outlets being built

Yes, may be a few of those, but also a lot of high quality jobs too and they are going wanting for people to fill them. And you can bet that some of the people restricted to applying at fast food outlets will be crying about their wage. Memo to them: taxpayers provided you opportunities like professional education (engineering, nursing, and med schools) at universities, and trade schools at community colleges, etc. Made the decision not to take advantage of it. Look in the mirror. Choices almost always come with consequences.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

How many of the jobs come by way of mass spending by the Government?
How many jobs come from NO tax dollars?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

christopher wrote:How many of the jobs come by way of mass spending by the Government?

Without a government in place providing security, infrastructure, and educated workers, a lot of jobs wouldn’t exist.

Likewise, if you look at the single greatest expense by government, healthcare, then you can see that there are hundreds of thousands of jobs across the country that exist because of it.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Omnitheo wrote:
christopher wrote:How many of the jobs come by way of mass spending by the Government?

Without a government in place providing security, infrastructure, and educated workers, a lot of jobs wouldn’t exist.

Likewise, if you look at the single greatest expense by government, healthcare, then you can see that there are hundreds of thousands of jobs across the country that exist because of it.

Yes we all know that but with how many jobs have been created with out tax dollars to pay for all of this?
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

christopher wrote:
Yes we all know that but with how many jobs have been created with out tax dollars to pay for all of this?

The more relevant question might be what is government doing to facilitate and/or stay out of the way of private business in filling the positions that are currently going wanting. For example, I know a lot of young engineers from Iran, Bangladesh, China, parts of Africa, and other places that would love to get PR and eventually citizenship here. So I wouldn't mind seeing a few more government employees in immigration to expedite the paperwork.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Keith Duhaime wrote:
christopher wrote:

The more relevant question might be what is government doing to facilitate and/or stay out of the way of private business in filling the positions that are currently going wanting. For example, I know a lot of young engineers from Iran, Bangladesh, China, parts of Africa, and other places that would love to get PR and eventually citizenship here. So I wouldn't mind seeing a few more government employees in immigration to expedite the paperwork.

I know lots of the same with PR looking for work in Calgary.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

I have a question about how we count jobs. Are temporary part time jobs real jobs?

I mean sure technically its a job obviously. For all the people out there that want a real job, full time and permanent, the glut of seasonal, part time, while we're busy, contract jobs are almost worse than a real job. I say nearly worse because you kind of get stuck in this barely scraping buy, rotating shift work lifestyle.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Bsuds wrote:Everywhere we go we see "We are Hiring" signs.

Everywhere we go we see "We are McHiring" signs.

Yes, we McSee those McSigns McEverywhere.

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

Rwede wrote:
Bsuds wrote:Everywhere we go we see "We are Hiring" signs.

Everywhere we go we see "We are McHiring" signs.

Yes, we McSee those McSigns McEverywhere.

There are people here that coild fill those jobs, but first we need to fix things like EI and put the word 'Insurance' back in so that like any real insurance, risk factors like educational attainment, claims history, etc. are accounted for in the premiums individuals pay.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bumped up

It appears numerous unemployed benefits must have ran out, how many will walk over to the welfare office.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... half-years
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

GordonH wrote: Jul 8th, 2022, 11:08 am bumped up

It appears numerous unemployed benefits must have ran out, how many will walk over to the welfare office.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... half-years
Yeah, those lazy buggers living high on the hog on social assistance. Why, with a month's worth of welfare for a single person with no dependants being $975, I'm surprised everyone isn't doing it!

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/gove ... rate-table

Return to “Canada”