Apology for Gordon Wilson

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Apology for Gordon Wilson

Post by Urbane »

Here's an update and as Mike Smyth says you better hang on to your wallets:

Now I can give you an update on how the case is proceeding. And you better hang on to your wallets, because this gong show could burn B.C. taxpayers to a crisp.

Horgan and Ralston have both hired libel lawyers to defend them in the court action.

The lawyers — paid by B.C. taxpayers, of course — are seeking an out-of-court settlement, but no deal has been reached, and now Wilson is fighting back with a YouTube video produced by his wife, former Liberal MLA Judi Tyabji.
http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics ... cent-start
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

This is the. Video . But it still doesnt prove anything . :smt045
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

maryjane48 wrote:

And that is why judges and lawyers handle these things, not you. Thankfully someone with legal training will deal with it.
You and 71 others Like this post
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:
We already know that Horgan and Ralston lied about Gordon Wilson. We also know that Horgan and Ralston apologized for saying things about Wilson that were totally untrue. Because they chose to say things that were untrue we taxpayers are going to pay this mess. What a gong show!
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    maryjane48 wrote:
We already know that Horgan and Ralston lied about Gordon Wilson. We also know that Horgan and Ralston apologized for saying things about Wilson that were totally untrue. Because they chose to say things that were untrue we taxpayers are going to pay this mess. What a gong show!

As I told you the other day, I can't read any Province articles until they decide it's time to give me another 10 free ones. Maybe I'll find a similar story on another news site. Anyway, I did watch the video, and all I have to say about that is, 'Hell hath no fury like a BC Liberal scorned'.

What a gong show indeed! Judy should not be quitting her day job any time soon. Or perhaps she should seek one of the film studios that create soap operas and try her hand at working for them. Her video could be the pilot for a show called "As The Stomach Turns", or "The Young and the Rest of Us". A real tear-jerker, to be sure.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:
    As I told you the other day, I can't read any Province articles until they decide it's time to give me another 10 free ones. Maybe I'll find a similar story on another news site. Anyway, I did watch the video, and all I have to say about that is, 'Hell hath no fury like a BC Liberal scorned'.

What a gong show indeed! Judy should not be quitting her day job any time soon. Or perhaps she should seek one of the film studios that create soap operas and try her hand at working for them. Her video could be the pilot for a show called "As The Stomach Turns", or "The Young and the Rest of Us". A real tear-jerker, to be sure.
What a despicable post! Some of you really don't get it. You think it's all about YOU not liking Gordon Wilson and his wife but it isn't. It's about a premier and one of his ministers defaming Gordon Wilson. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean it's okay to defame that person.

What Horgan and Ralston said about Wilson was totally untrue and all you have to contribute is petty remarks about Judy Tyabji. Even the premier and Ralston know they did wrong or they wouldn't be lawyering up and trying to reach an out of court settlement. At our expense!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:What a despicable post! Some of you really don't get it. You think it's all about YOU not liking Gordon Wilson and his wife but it isn't. It's about a premier and one of his ministers defaming Gordon Wilson. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean it's okay to defame that person.

What Horgan and Ralston said about Wilson was totally untrue and all you have to contribute is petty remarks about Judy Tyabji. Even the premier and Ralston know they did wrong or they wouldn't be lawyering up and trying to reach an out of court settlement. At our expense!

Thing is that's not a concept the NDP faithful subscribe to.

In their world if it's remotely tied to the word liberal, in any way fashion or form, all manner of attack is deemed appropriate.

Good thing we know that it says far more about them than it does their target.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:

What a despicable post! Some of you really don't get it. You think it's all about YOU not liking Gordon Wilson and his wife but it isn't. It's about a premier and one of his ministers defaming Gordon Wilson. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean it's okay to defame that person.

Criticism accepted. It's true, I have no sympathy for Judy and Gordon. IMO they are despicable people. It's also true that the NDP should never have elaborated on why they fired Wilson. Suffice it to say he was very well-paid for the duties he was unable to perform as Christy's top LNG promoter. None of Christy's big plans for LNG export came to fruition under Gordon Wilson's tenure. I don't know of any employer who would continue to keep an employee on the payroll if he wasn't performing his duties.

That is what the NDP should have reported to the media, not some spiteful El Gordo-esque remarks that would surely come back to haunt them........which they did. I'm not crazy about paying for their defense either, but at least it will be a heck of a lot less than what we paid for Christy's legal battle with the teachers, or the BC Rail scandal.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:

Bang on Urb, and as taxpayers, we're going to have to hold onto our hats as the NDP rapidly depletes the provincial treasury.

What I see from the attack on Judy Tyabji is just more misogynistic hatred from the knuckle-dragging left wing. The good old boys from the union halls just can't stomach a woman who does better than they. One need only witness the vitriol those old cavemen hurled at Christy Clark to reaffirm it.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 4th, 2017, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Bang on Urb, and as taxpayers, we're going to have to hold onto our hats as the NDP rapidly depletes the provincial treasury.

Let's see BC Rail 6 million plus lawyer fees. Boss mines 30 million. Shall I go on. Lol
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 6th, 2017, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 6th, 2017, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 5th, 2017, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “B.C.”